Home

Fixing CPU Completion %.

This is a discussion on Fixing CPU Completion %. within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-18-2004, 05:45 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 11
Fixing CPU Completion %.

What is the best way to fix the cpu completion percentage? It seems like no matter what set of sliders I try, the cpu usually throws under 50% which is not realistic. I can see sometimes, but not all the time.

Is editing attributes for the QB's the only way? Are there other ways? Is it just something that can't be fixed? I'm no slouch, but I have a hard time believing that I'm playing defense so incredibly well that I'm consistently holding QB's under 50%.

For those who do not have this problem, what is your secret?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2004, 07:19 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: Fixing CPU Completion %.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamehead
Is editing attributes for the QB's the only way?
IMO, yes. I had no luck with sliders either. I've got Pass Read and Composure @ 85 (gets rid of the phony throws) Consistency @ 75, and I use Accuracy as the variable to define good from bad QB's. You can actually lower a QB's Accuracy way down into the 30's and he's still effectively okay, so you can get a good variation in ability even with the other numbers up like that. Also Sportsguy says Scramble affects accuracy while running, but I haven't experimented with that.
Old 10-18-2004, 08:03 PM   #3
Banned

Thanks Baa, I'll give that a shot. I know that you can edit rookies, but does that include their attributes as well?
Old 10-18-2004, 08:26 PM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Thanks Baa, I'll give that a shot. I know that you can edit rookies, but does that include their attributes as well?
Yes, and you can edit rookies in franchise mode with Finn's editor and Action Replay - don't leave home without it... it's great. If you edit rookies manually, you have to re-write/re-insert the last name, last thing before you exit the player, or the announcers won't say his name in-game.
Old 10-18-2004, 09:32 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
Yes, and you can edit rookies in franchise mode with Finn's editor and Action Replay - don't leave home without it... it's great. If you edit rookies manually, you have to re-write/re-insert the last name, last thing before you exit the player, or the announcers won't say his name in-game.
Cool, thanks for the tip. Just curious, what sliders are you using in conjuction with your edited QB's? I'm using BillHarris's currently and I'm wondering how the edits you provided will work with them. If they don't work, I'd like to try your set.

Last edited by Flamehead; 10-18-2004 at 09:34 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2004, 07:21 AM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Just curious, what sliders are you using in conjuction with your edited QB's?
My QB Consistency is @ 85, BTW. These numbers work okay for default rosters, although I didn’t really start getting 55-60% completion ratings on a regular basis until I edited other ratings – Agility for example. Agility acts as an acceleration boost, and is one reason why QB completion % is so low.

First, the DB’s are constantly jarring balls loose – completely unrealistic, IMO. Once in a while is great, but it happens way, way too often in 2K5. Second, receivers will drop passes if the DB or LB is simply in the vicinity of the catch. In other words, the closer the D player is to the receiver, the greater the chance the receiver will drop it. It’s a programming decision apparently, having to do with creating the illusion that the D player is contributing to the incompletion because his presence is disrupting the receiver’s concentration. Good idea, but way over-implemented – just like the jarring loose thing, all the INT’s and the ripping the guy’s head off tackling animation.

By lowering Agility, DB’s don’t have the same speed burst, and receivers are slightly more open. So they don’t get the ball knocked out of their hands as much, and they don’t drop as many passes – which is the way it should be. All of that contributes to QB completion %. Another thing that affects QB % is the fact that the CPU QB will throw into double/triple coverage on a regular basis. It’s another programming flaw that can’t be fixed, regardless of how high one raises QB ratings.

As far as sliders go, mine wouldn’t matter to you because of all my edits. What I can say is that my Human and CPU Passing sliders are set @ 32 for CPU/Coach games, and @ 24 for User games. Coach games and User games require two different sets of sliders this year – at least that’s what I’ve discovered. Generally speaking, Coach games require higher O sliders and lower D sliders. The only D slider I always keep high is Coverage – too much bad DB animation stuff otherwise.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »