Home

*OSFL SEASON 2* Game Results Reporting Thread

This is a discussion on *OSFL SEASON 2* Game Results Reporting Thread within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Online forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Online
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-05-2006, 12:05 AM   #9
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: *OSFL SEASON 2* Game Results Reporting Thread

Oakland at San Fran.

Well lets preface this with the fact that we tried to play this last night. SF was up 24-7 and in total control through the 3rd when the connection was lost. I conceeded the game to GK, but since he is a gamer, he agreed to replay the game.

I am not sure if it was great defense or just putrid offense as neither team was too effective moving the ball. 4 Tim Rattay interceptions led to 10 Raider Points, and a Rattay fumble was returned for a TD. Oakland led 17-0 at the break.

Ken Dorsey came into the game in the 3rd and quickly put the Niners on the board. The Raiders grinded out a long drive which led to a FG. The game was still in the balance until Dorsey threw 2 picks in the 4th, one which led to another Janikowski FG and the other which was returned the distance. The Niners tacked on a late TD.

Final: Oakland 30 San Fran 13.
Old 05-08-2006, 09:48 PM   #10
Or should I

catcatch22's Arena

OVR: 23

Arizona Cardinals at Giants Stadium vs the New York Giants

Giants win 14-6

In what was a hard nosed defensive battle, Giants were able to squeak past the Cardinals due to some untimely fg kicking by Rackers. Rackers went 2/4 in his field goal attempts in what may have cost the cardinals the game.

The first bit of scoring took place late in the second quarter when Kurt Warner hit Ike hilliard with a 17 yard touchdown pass to take the lead 7-0. Cardinals answer back with a Rackers field goal to end the half at 7-3.

In the second half no scoring took place till the late 4th when Tiki Barber ran for 59 yards and a touchdown to give the G-men a 14-3 lead. Cardinals again make a strong drive to cut it to 14-6.

In a show of great sporstmanship the cardinals who got the ball back on the onside kick with 45 seconds left down 14-6 decided not to continue to push the envelope, on the replay it clearly showed the ball recovered by the red birds then fumbled yet the official blew the whistle ending the play and a wacky one at that (glitch). Great game by the cardinals D picking warner off twice! great game flyboys!

Giants now have a record of 3-0 and are home for the Raiders while the Cards have a record of 1-2 and are home for the 49er's.
Old 05-15-2006, 01:30 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

SAINTS VS 49-ERS
13- 16

After a bad defeat in week 2 the Niners were determined to tighten up the Defense in Week 3 Vs the Saints. They did just that by shutting out the Saints in the first half but the Saints hung tough and battled back for a nerve racking ending.

1st Qtr. Touchdown from Rattay across the middle to Woods for a 48yrd TD. end of 1st

2nd Qtr. FG by SF making it 10-0 ending the half. Point to be made SF could have gone up 17-0 but N.O. stopped a 4th and goaline to keep it 10-0.

3rd Qtr. NO gets 2 FGs making it a 10-6 game.

4th Qtr. NO scores a TD taking the lead for the first time in the game. great comeback. 13-10 NO. SF comes back and ties the game on a FG 13-13.

Late in the 4th NO has the ball with a chance to win but they couldnt make a good drive forcing to punt. SF with under 2 min left in the game gets a huge run byBarlow up the middle to put them in FG range. Few more runs and a chip shot FG made by Peterson makes it 16-13. GG!!! tight!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2006, 12:42 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

NINERS VS CARDS
14 10

In the middle of the first qtr the Niners striked first with a nice drive capped by a TD pass to Lloyd for 2yrd making it a 7-0 lead. The Niners Scored again in the Second making it a 14-0 lead.

Arizona couldnt get anything going in the first half. The running game was completely shut down.

Second half the Cards came alive with a nice Drive late in the 3rd with a rushing TD by Hambrick for 2 yrds. making it 14-0.

The Cards were not done they added a 4th Qtr FG making it 14-0 and by holding the Niners scoreless for the second half. Both Niner primary receivers were injured for the Second half giving the Cards a chance to take the game away with another TD. but the Niner D would not allow another point making this a close game at the end.

GG Gordie as usual. Our Rivalry is still alive!!
Old 05-22-2006, 11:49 PM   #13
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Oakland at NY Giants

As Eli watched from the sidelines, the veteran Kurt Warner through a couple 1st quarter picks. The Giants D stuffed the Raiders and held them to a pair of Janikoski field Goals. In the second quarter, the G-Men started to move the ball, but had problems in the red zone and Warner through a 3rd int. The Raiders converted on this turnover as well and drove the field for a 13-0 lead at the break.

In the second half, the Raiders got the running game going, and Warner through 2 more drive killing interceptions. The Raiders also benefited from some shakey officiating as a few blatant pass interference calls were missed.

Final: Oak 16 NYG 3.
Old 05-29-2006, 08:03 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2

Sorry about not keeping up with my games, my internet has been really screwy. I just got my wireless completely fixed (I hope) so Brasill, twosilk, and i think DaFlyBoys, hit me up on AIM or through email when you're ready to play. My Bengals will hopefully start to bring it on D.
Old 05-30-2006, 03:04 AM   #15
Rookie

SAINTS at BENGALS
38-13

The Saints fell victim to a relentless Bengals defense and an opportunistic Bengals offense in this game. The first quarter began slow, but ended with two forty yard bombs from Kitna to Johnson and Warrick. The second was again a display of Bengals O. After stopping the Saints 3 consecutive plays from inside the one, Carney booted the short kick. Coming right back down the field, Rudi Johnson popped in a 4 yard score.

To open the third, Warrick caught another bullet in the endzone to make the score 28-3. After a quick Saints punt, Shayne Graham booted a 29 yarder to extend the Cincinnati lead. Then came the play that broke the Saints back. On a pass headed for the endzone, Rogers Beckett stepped in the way and took it all the way back for a 99 yard defensive TD. The Saints played some good no-huddle throughout the fourth, but it wasn't enough to put up a lot of yards and a few points. Final score CIN 38 - NO 13.

Good game, Twosilk! I imagine the rematch will be something to see. Can't wait to catch up on all my games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2006, 02:19 AM   #16
Rookie

CARDINALS at BENGALS
27-0

What started out as a nailbiter got away from the Cards in the second half. The first two plays from scrimmage for Cincinnati were a huge, 40 yard run from Rudi Johnson followed by a quick strike from Kitna to Chad Johnson for an 11 yard score. The rest of the half was punts back and forth between the two teams. In the second half, two quick audibles out of running plays led to two long passing TDs for the Bengals. After missing an early 51 yarder wide right, Shayne Graham came through with 2 FGs of about 30 yards each. Final score, Bengals 27, Cardinals 0.

The game was much better than the final score and I can't wait to play out the rematch, DFB.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Online »