Home

How many people still play this online?

This is a discussion on How many people still play this online? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Online forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Online
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2009, 02:41 PM   #1
MVP
 
Dondadda's Arena
 
OVR: 11
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Norfolk, MA
How many people still play this online?

You can get a used XBOX now for $40 or less, and with this still being my favorite all time sports game, it's time to get back online with it (league included).

My question is - how many people are there online still playing it? If I wanted to find a game, would it be tough?
__________________
Been gaming since the Atari 2600, and hells no I won't stop!!!
Dondadda is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2009, 03:23 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame
 
daflyboys's Arena
 
OVR: 27
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Lehi Valley, PA
Re: How many people still play this online?

Not many. I doubt it's worth the cost of going online. I think the only online XBox1 game that still has a large audience is Halo2.
daflyboys is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 04:37 PM   #3
MVP
 
sb24's Arena
 
OVR: 28
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,181
Blog Entries: 2
Re: How many people still play this online?

Yea you will find a game. but it will be against the same people all the time. Its a very FEW that play but still play often. You wont have any leagues and not updated rosters. I did play for a while online and played over 50 games before i gave up. I was on 360 n most r on regular. There was many frustations of waiting for games or playing thru 2 mins of first quarter before it freezes. That was because of the 360 tho. You will get clean smooth games on the regular xbox, buts not like you get online and have 10 people to choose from. You might have 5 or more on a good day but those might just have walked away from the game and left it on.

Basicly on a given day 1-5 people on a day with big spikes during football season (super bowl). On regular xbox the games should be fine and enought playing that you can find games. Just may be the only person on is the one you dont like.

daflyboys is right.... probably not worth your money for only online, but once you update rosters its fun offline again.
sb24 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 04:13 PM   #4
MVP
 
Dondadda's Arena
 
OVR: 11
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Norfolk, MA
Re: How many people still play this online?

Thanks for the feedback, fellas. I was thinking about trying to get my old league members to all get Xboxes to bring this game back to life.
__________________
Been gaming since the Atari 2600, and hells no I won't stop!!!
Dondadda is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 03:17 PM   #5
Banned
 
OVR: 14
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Duarte Ca.
Re: How many people still play this online?

is this possible to play 2k5 online using the ps3 ? this is a serious question- thank you for help
ram29jackson is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2009, 12:05 AM   #6
Banned
 
EAreaper26's Arena
 
OVR: 9
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: montgomery,AL to winston salem, NC
Re: How many people still play this online?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb24
Yea you will find a game. but it will be against the same people all the time. Its a very FEW that play but still play often. You wont have any leagues and not updated rosters. I did play for a while online and played over 50 games before i gave up. I was on 360 n most r on regular. There was many frustations of waiting for games or playing thru 2 mins of first quarter before it freezes. That was because of the 360 tho. You will get clean smooth games on the regular xbox, buts not like you get online and have 10 people to choose from. You might have 5 or more on a good day but those might just have walked away from the game and left it on.

Basicly on a given day 1-5 people on a day with big spikes during football season (super bowl). On regular xbox the games should be fine and enought playing that you can find games. Just may be the only person on is the one you dont like.

daflyboys is right.... probably not worth your money for only online, but once you update rosters its fun offline again.
no, it was freezing online back in 2004; that's one of the things that made me break my disc
EAreaper26 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 08:59 AM   #7
MVP
 
sb24's Arena
 
OVR: 28
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,181
Blog Entries: 2
Re: How many people still play this online?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAreaper26
no, it was freezing online back in 2004; that's one of the things that made me break my disc
What does 2004 have to do with 2009? I dont care what happened to YOU because you are in the minority on that. If you dont have the disc dont waste this guys times. Times changes things get better. the game may be the same but servers upgrade. Give him up to date information. Not 2004.

Last edited by sb24; 03-17-2009 at 11:01 AM.
sb24 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 09:01 AM   #8
MVP
 
sb24's Arena
 
OVR: 28
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,181
Blog Entries: 2
Re: How many people still play this online?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram29jackson
is this possible to play 2k5 online using the ps3 ? this is a serious question- thank you for help
No, only xbox servers are up. Ps2 ones are down so no ps3.
sb24 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Online »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:28 AM.

Top -