Home

After nearly 20 years . . . Football Gaming Nirvana finally achieved by VC! Bravo!

This is a discussion on After nearly 20 years . . . Football Gaming Nirvana finally achieved by VC! Bravo! within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Online forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Online
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2004, 04:35 PM   #1
MVP

Dondadda's Arena

OVR: 11
After nearly 20 years . . . Football Gaming Nirvana finally achieved by VC! Bravo!

My friends, just play online or against another person in the same room with Legend mode difficulty and EQ turned on. The most scary realistic gameplay you will EVER see on any football, sports, or console game PERIOD. Finally we've reached this point . . . and it's taken a while (I've gamed through most of it since I was a kid). But boy, it's worth it.

I don't want to take a specific shot at Madden, but any other football gaming feels just so archaic compared with 2K5 on Legend with EQ. WOW!!!

Try All-Pro, EQ on vs. the CPU. Not quite as good, but still the best gameplay vs. the CPU that you will ever, ever witness.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2004, 12:45 AM   #2
MVP

Mrcabone's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: After nearly 20 years . . . Football Gaming Nirvana finally achieved by VC! Bravo!

I gotta try this ,too bad I'm at work.
Old 09-10-2004, 12:58 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: After nearly 20 years . . . Football Gaming Nirvana finally achieved by VC! Bravo!

I've always wondered what people consider great gameplay.

Is great gameplay when the game is simply close and a challenge? What if you are the Patriots playing the Cardinals? In that case shouldn't the Patriots just kill the Cardinals for the most part. Obviously if you are the Cardinals it should be very difficult to win. But if you are the Patriots, for the most part shouldn't that be an easy game? And thus there isn't a challenge to it, but does that make gameplay bad?

I think everyone has a different view on what makes gameplay great, and thus each should try and found the settings that maximizes the game for their own point of view.
Old 09-10-2004, 10:19 AM   #4
Mainstream Outlaw

Kruza's Arena

OVR: 39
Lightbulb Re: After nearly 20 years . . . Football Gaming Nirvana finally achieved by VC! Bravo!

I have yet to try an online game with EQ on to make a judgment call on playing that way. However, I do have my reservations of Legend mode. Playing on this mode takes too much of users' skill out of the game with all the souped-up CPU players on the field performing so much better than the players a user decides to control.

I am of the belief that a user should have to "pull his/her own weight" during the course of the game instead of totally relying on the CPU to do everything for them. All-Pro mode is a far more balanced way of playing since CPU-controlled players and user-controlled players perform with equal effectiveness, so a user can't often hide behind what the CPU does throughout the game and expect to do better without doing anything.

On Legend mode, a user could let the CPU control every player without them having to control anyone or do anything -- and still do great in the game. Thus it makes it easier to win games in Legend mode than in All-Pro mode, not more challenging.

Kruza

Last edited by Kruza; 09-10-2004 at 10:24 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Online »