Home

GillBoldberg's NFL 2K4 Roster

This is a discussion on GillBoldberg's NFL 2K4 Roster within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-30-2015, 02:50 PM   #1
MVP

GillBoldberg's Arena

OVR: 10
GillBoldberg's NFL 2K4 Roster

2022-2023 Offseason NFL 2K4 Roster

Current File

- Ran into some issues with the editor and renaming players, therefore this isn't a 100% complete roster
- Starters and rotational players for each team
- FA list has no players over 80 overall so teams in franchise don't become overpowered
- Game generated contracts for all players. Higher rated players will have larger contracts in franchise mode. Most teams around around 5-15 mil under cap. Makes it more realistic
- Updated playbooks to match current schemes.
- Updated stadium names
- Stamina works really differently in 2K4 than in 2K5. So you'll notice with my edits a lot of players have really low stamina to try and get better subs in-game. I know you can change the auto subs %'s but that only affects the USER not CPU.

Franchise

Franchise mode works fine by just loading the roster, and starting one in-game. The only bug is that the infamous stat glitch (from 2K5; stats don't reset during the offseason so you'll get ridiculously high stats) also happens here. The good news is it only happens during your 2nd season. During my test sims, the 3rd (and beyond) seasons the stats are back to normal. No freezing, no slow simulations.

Donations

As you know this is a 1 man "team". A lot of long nights were had to try and update this game. But I love it. The rosters will always be free but if you wish to donate you can. Send the donations to nesstah(at)gmail.com via Paypal. Every cent is greatly appreciated!

---
The ps2 zip contains the .max file as well as the extracted version which you'll need if you want to use the 2K4 editor. To open the save in the editor you'll need the BASLUS file. Also uploaded is the PS2 Save Builder which extracts (and builds) files from your .max files. If you need help with the savebuilder, send me a PM.

Also included are 2 custom playbooks made by msweeets over on the 2K5 discord. One playbook for 4-3 teams and another for 3-4 teams. PS2 only for now.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Ps2_Save_Builder_0.8x.zip (127.6 KB, 245 views)
File Type: zip Playbooks.zip (307.0 KB, 114 views)
File Type: zip PS2.zip (550.7 KB, 181 views)
File Type: zip XBOX.zip (269.9 KB, 40 views)

Last edited by GillBoldberg; 06-23-2022 at 11:52 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2015, 02:22 PM   #2
MVP

GillBoldberg's Arena

Re: GillBoldberg's NFL 2K4 Roster

Hoping to have the final update ready in a week or so. Finishing up rating the FA's, then it's on to franchise prep which shouldn't take too long.

Better late than never to start a 2K4 franchise!
Old 02-10-2015, 08:11 PM   #3
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Can these be converted to XBOX files I've been away from here awhile and need to get myself updated in how that worked I use to know but again its been awhile so I would be interesed in getting them, great job keeping the 2k legacy alive.

Rickster101
Old 02-10-2015, 08:17 PM   #4
MVP

GillBoldberg's Arena

Glad to see you're still around man.

Yeah, you can convert them to XBOX and vice versa in the 2K4 editor. However in order to load them on your console you will need a modded XBOX. Files load fine w/o any modding on PS2 so that's why this file is PS2 only for now. I will post an xbox file when I finish the update.
Old 02-15-2015, 11:26 PM   #5
Rookie

WWEDX2007's Arena

OVR: 0

Should I buy NFL 2K4? is it any better than 2K5?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2015, 12:39 AM   #6
MVP

GillBoldberg's Arena

2K4 is so cheap now, there's really no risk. I personally like it a bit better.

Running game is really fun, great tackling animations
CPU QB play is better
CPU QB's actually move around in the pocket and take off if they feel pressure
I've been seeing harder hits from safeties/LB's

On the negative side;
OL sometimes falls asleep (I've seen this is 2K5 as well)
No foot planting so RB's can make quick cuts
WR/DB interactions are a little lacking
Playbooks feel a little limited

2K4 plays pretty similar to 2K5 but there's just something about it. It's hard to explain, it just feels good. You can get 2K4 for less than 5 bucks so I'd suggest just giving it a try.
Old 02-17-2015, 04:53 PM   #7
MVP

GillBoldberg's Arena

I should have the final update ready in a few days. Finishing up a few more things and it should be good to go. I've tested the franchise a few times and no big problems. The only thing is the stat glitch occurs just like 2K5. So you'll have players with ridiculously high stats because the stats don't reset after the season. I've tried fixing this by clearing players stats but no good. I'll have to look a bit deeper down the road, just want to release the file and actually enjoy playing a few games.
Old 02-19-2015, 12:47 PM   #8
MVP

GillBoldberg's Arena

Alright, the time is finally here.

First off a big thanks to KingJavo for all the hard work he has put into the 2K4 editor, as well as putting up with all my requests (haha). It's been a few months in the making but I've finally finished the 2014 NFL roster. Also included is the Ultimate Team file, please re-read the first post if you have any questions on that.

All teams included FA have been rated
Franchise works fine (stat glitch does occur but only during the 2nd season)
No freezing or slow simulations

Please let me know if you find any errors or any weird things that happen, as well as your thoughts and feedback on the file. I know 2K4 isn't as popular as 2K5 but all feedback is much appreciated! Enjoy!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »