Home

Attempting to make Madden replica roster for 2k5...need some input

This is a discussion on Attempting to make Madden replica roster for 2k5...need some input within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-28-2004, 05:12 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Attempting to make Madden replica roster for 2k5...need some input

Ok, first off I am going to be making a 100% accurate roster with all the depth charts hopefully perfect and all players on all teams. I am going to do my best...I am a perfectionist and just want the perfect rosters to start a franchise with.

Now the different thing between my rosters and other rosters weve seen will be that I am going to be using the player ratings from FBG's madden ratings. I just need to have a game with everyone having their ratings updated based on performance and FBG does a tremendous job of tracking the players and updating them weekly.

However, the difficulty in this is that madden uses different ratings categories for their players than 2k5 does.

For example madden uses things such as acceleration and awareness and 2k5 has things like consistency, composure, aggressiveness etc...

so what I need help with is determining the main ratings by position for madden that they use when factoring the overall rating...if nobody knows that then any other help you could offer would be great, like what a rating category in madden would be equavelant to in 2k5(EX. ive been thinking the awareness rating in madden shud be used as the consistency for 2k) and so on, or ne possible information about the madden ratings any1 has to offer such as a breakdown of some sort or nething.

thanks fellas
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2004, 06:01 PM   #2
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Attempting to make Madden replica roster for 2k5...need some input

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPAJAwS1
Ok, first off I am going to be making a 100% accurate roster with all the depth charts hopefully perfect and all players on all teams. I am going to do my best...I am a perfectionist and just want the perfect rosters to start a franchise with.

Now the different thing between my rosters and other rosters weve seen will be that I am going to be using the player ratings from FBG's madden ratings. I just need to have a game with everyone having their ratings updated based on performance and FBG does a tremendous job of tracking the players and updating them weekly.

However, the difficulty in this is that madden uses different ratings categories for their players than 2k5 does.

For example madden uses things such as acceleration and awareness and 2k5 has things like consistency, composure, aggressiveness etc...

so what I need help with is determining the main ratings by position for madden that they use when factoring the overall rating...if nobody knows that then any other help you could offer would be great, like what a rating category in madden would be equavelant to in 2k5(EX. ive been thinking the awareness rating in madden shud be used as the consistency for 2k) and so on, or ne possible information about the madden ratings any1 has to offer such as a breakdown of some sort or nething.

thanks fellas
For NFL 2k3 I used their ratings as well to create missing players. For categories that were missing, I would combine some of the madden rattings that I thought may tie into 2k's ratings and average them out. For example 2k's Run Route I would combine awareness, speed, agility, catch and let the average of the 4 categories equate to the run route rating.
Old 10-28-2004, 10:57 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 6

Has FBG's web address changed? I haven't been able to get to it.
Old 10-29-2004, 05:17 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
For example 2k's Run Route I would combine awareness, speed, agility, catch and let the average of the 4 categories equate to the run route rating.
The problem: ESPN ratings aren't all individual-player specific. Run Route affects the receiver, sure - but it also determines how accurate the QB's throw will be. A QB will often throw bad passes to a low Run Route receiver. It's the game's programming way of indicating "this guy is an unreliable receiver". And there are other ratings that work like that.
Old 11-02-2004, 04:53 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 6

Here this might help. I found it it the main ESPN NFL Football area.

Anyways, I thought I would do this to help those who make rating changes or those who want to understand how the numbers work. Maybe you can use these to decide what attribute changes you can make using Finns editor, or maybe even Finn can use this to add an “overall rating” column in his roster editor.

I only have the QB position done but hope to get other people to help. So if you guys want to help out then it would be greatly appreciated. I have included a list of positions and the attributes that seem to affect the overall ratings the most, in order of importance. If you want to help get all the ratings done, then please reply and say which position you will do, to avoid any double handling.

The overall puspose of this? To figure out the best way to edit players that will affect their in game performance and their simmed stats while keeping any edits to a minimum and we can probably figure out minimum attribute starting points for each position based on how we think they should play. I.e. Strength, there are linemen in this game with below 60 strength, I believe the minimum should be 60...I mean these guys are big athletes.

Here is how the QB ratings work.

Pass accuracy and Pass arm strength
The first number is how many clicks on the attribute, the second number is the overall rating.
For example, 51 clicks on Pass acc results in a 2 for overall rating. It gets better though, you might think that if you put Pass acc and Pass arm Strength both at 48 you would get a overall rating of 2. Not so, 48+48=96 while 96 (actually 95) on our chart shows 20. So in affect, both attributes affect each other, even if you set it at 20 (pass acc) and 28 (pass arm str) both equal 48 and will therefore result in an overall rating of 1. There is a catch, the minimum number is 20, if you try to set it at 19 and 29 (totalling 48) you will not get an overall rating point.

48=1, 51=2, 53=3, 56=4, 95=20, 97=21, 99=22, 197=62

I have left rest out on purpose, it takes too long to type it out, but there is a formula to follow. From 48(1), you add 3 to get 51(2), then add 2 to get 53(3), etc. Use the formula below and starting from 48. Although it looks like I have 32s, it is actually single digits, I only put them together to show the logical order, notice there is a 2 all by its lonesome in the middle of 3 sets of 3 and 2s together.

32 32 32 2 32 32 32 2 32 32 32 2

The following are attributes that just add onto the total, none will affect the other.

Pass Read Coverage - 10=1, 20=2, 30=3, 39=4, 49=5, 59=6, 68=7, 78=8, 88=9, 98=10
Composure - 10=1, 20=2, 30=3, 39=4, 49=5, 59=6, 68=7, 78=8, 88=9, 98=10
Break Tackle - 20=1, 39=2, 58=3, 77=4
Hold onto Ball - 77=1
Consistency - 6=1, 12=2, 18=3, 24=4, 30=5, 36=6, 41=7, 47=8, 53=9, 59=10, 65=11, 71=12, 77=13, 82=14, 88=15, 94=16

That is it, no other attribute changes will affect the overall ratings for the QB, just the above.

Here is the list, please note that the most important attribute to all positions is consistency, which I have not included in the below list, so just remember to take it into consideration, it will most likely result in the same numbering across the board as it does for the QB position, i.e. 48=1 (minimum) 197=62 (maximum)

QB
pass arm str
pass acc
pass read cover
leadership
speed

HB
speed
agility
break tackle
catch
strength

FB
run block
pass block
catch
break tackle
speed

WR
catch
run route
speed
agility
strength

TE
pass block
run block
catch
run route
speed

C
run block
pass block
aggressiveness
strength
speed

G
run block
pass block
agrressiveness
strength
speed

T
pass block
run block
agrressiveness
strength
speed

DT
run cover
pass rush
tackle
strength
speed

DE
pass rush
run cover
tackle
strength
speed

OLB
tackle
pass rush
cover
run cover
speed

ILB
tackle
cover
run cover
pass rush
speed

CB
cover
speed
tackle
agility
strength

SS
tackle
run cover
cover
speed
agility

FS
cover
speed
tackle
run cover
agility

K
kick acc
kick power
consistency
leadership
speed

P
kick power
kick acc
consistency
leadership
speed
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2004, 11:59 PM   #6
MVP

adriano's Arena

OVR: 8

well for one strength on espn is not the same as madden so throw that rating out the window.. Strength on espn is based on bench numbers.. 225 bench press... But Football is lower body..

You could do a roster with madden ratings but I would make one adjustment.

1) Strength for each position use this Guideline..
Qb and Wr DB and Safetys max Strength should be 50.. (culpepper)

Rbs and FBs Max strength 60

DT OT G and C minimum Strength 60

DE ILB OLB Minimum strength 55

most madden ratings have players strengths in the 80s thats way too high
Old 11-14-2004, 06:58 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by adriano
well for one strength on espn is not the same as madden so throw that rating out the window.. Strength on espn is based on bench numbers.. 225 bench press... But Football is lower body..

You could do a roster with madden ratings but I would make one adjustment.

1) Strength for each position use this Guideline..
Qb and Wr DB and Safetys max Strength should be 50.. (culpepper)

Rbs and FBs Max strength 60

DT OT G and C minimum Strength 60

DE ILB OLB Minimum strength 55

most madden ratings have players strengths in the 80s thats way too high
I am a member of FBG.

our forums are at football-gaming.com/forums

and the FBG ratings updated weekly are at http://www.tsxdata.com/fbgratings/members/index.php
Old 11-23-2004, 02:26 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pats1
I am a member of FBG.

our forums are at football-gaming.com/forums

and the FBG ratings updated weekly are at http://www.tsxdata.com/fbgratings/members/index.php
I used to go there all the time until they started charging people money to view ratings although I see they are being updated all the time. I Still wish there was free access to the previous ratings since I was building my roster based on those!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »