Home

Is there a max number of incoming rookies you can edit?

This is a discussion on Is there a max number of incoming rookies you can edit? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-15-2005, 04:38 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 6
Is there a max number of incoming rookies you can edit?

Sorry if this has been asked before, but does this year's game have a certain number of rookies you can edit like last years or is it unlimited? (Xbox version)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2005, 05:04 PM   #2
Pro

Re: Is there a max number of incoming rookies you can edit?

So nobody knows?
Old 01-17-2005, 08:53 AM   #3
Rookie

terpinheelland's Arena

OVR: 4

I don't know for sure. But I have edited the first ten players in each position except for off/def line. Hope that gives you an idea.
Old 01-18-2005, 12:03 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

there is a limit and its very large... not sure how big but i can count and get back to you... i editted as many college players as possible entering the draft so i can have a realistic 2005 season with my lions. If you are interested i could also post the roster update, but again you can only play as Detroit (I was trying to find a way to make it universal but sega did not allow for team control changes). I probably entered over 50 players, before hitting the limit. After that you can still edit stats, just not first and last names. I actually was able to only edit the last first name on the last character it allowed me to edit. So its an odd number of edits.
Old 01-19-2005, 01:23 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishka55
there is a limit and its very large... not sure how big but i can count and get back to you... i editted as many college players as possible entering the draft so i can have a realistic 2005 season with my lions. If you are interested i could also post the roster update, but again you can only play as Detroit (I was trying to find a way to make it universal but sega did not allow for team control changes). I probably entered over 50 players, before hitting the limit. After that you can still edit stats, just not first and last names. I actually was able to only edit the last first name on the last character it allowed me to edit. So its an odd number of edits.

It would be great if somebody could post a list of edited rookies for the new draft class coming in wouldnt it. as in names, height colleges and even stats.

I tried to do that and when i made cedric benson he ended up being a 91 overall rated rookie and the next highest was a 79. i dont know what i did wrong
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2005, 10:40 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhynoT99
It would be great if somebody could post a list of edited rookies for the new draft class coming in wouldnt it. as in names, height colleges and even stats.

I tried to do that and when i made cedric benson he ended up being a 91 overall rated rookie and the next highest was a 79. i dont know what i did wrong
best way is to make a draft class simulate the off season then go to rosters and check the stats. if they seem exagerated reload the save and make some fixes. I don't actually understand the system. I think even height and weight may affect the rating or atleast draft order. Also some guys will run say a 4.4 with 92 speed while others will with 89 speed (even at the same position).
Old 01-19-2005, 12:53 PM   #7
Pro

If you could give a count that would be great. Can you put your file up too?
Old 01-20-2005, 06:11 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wsv771
If you could give a count that would be great. Can you put your file up too?
i started counting and it was getting near 100 first/last name combinations. I still didn't come up with an exact number because there were some I couldn't remember if I added them or if they were already there (the not so well known athletes) I also realized I never completed the receivers list (only got the top 5 or so). And due to limits I can't add anymore

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »