Home

Finns Roster Edit

This is a discussion on Finns Roster Edit within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-28-2005, 09:44 AM   #1
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13
Finns Roster Edit

Can someone explain this to me & how to use it?

Where do I get it?

What does it allow you to do that the game itself doesnt?

How do you guys change player positions?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2005, 10:09 AM   #2
MVP

Flyermania's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Finns Roster Edit

You get it here: http://web.tampabay.rr.com/flyingfinn/roster.htm

Here's what it enables you to do:

Quote:
Change All Player Equipment: NEW. You can now change all player equipment/personal info except Face, Skin Tone and Name.

Large Attribute Values Supported: NEW. By checking the Large Attributes option in the new Tools | Options menu, you will be able to edit player attributes up to 127 rather then 99. In addition, you can also set your default team in the editor in the same location. All new game saves opened in the editor will jump to this team.

Copy/Paste Players: You can now copy a player and paste over another player. There are 2 ways to paste: A) Paste B) Paste-Attributes Only. If you chose Paste, if will overwrite everything about the selected player except College, Name, Player Photo and Play By Play Name with the values of the copied player. I don't recall if it affects Stats or not. If you choose, Paste-Attributes Only, it will only overwrite the attributes of the selected player with the attributes of the copied player. NOTE: I have noticed that if you Copy a "Real" player and use that to Paste over a Created Player, the Created Player will be removed from the Created Player list in game. At first I thought this would allow the creation of more players but it doesn't; you can still only create 47 players.

Export As Text: You fantasy junkies can now export a player attributes by team as semi-colon delimited text to import into your favorite spreadsheet program. Now, you can really study every teams strengths and weakness while you’re at work.

Remove Player Photo: Don’t have any more CAP space but still need to create players, just edit over existing players then remove the photo so your newly created player doesn’t have the old players photo associated.
Global Attribute Editor: Edit attributes across the entire league will a few simple mouse clicks. (Can also be done for a single player).

Player Search: Search Based on Name (first and/or last), Years Pro and College. i.e. Search for all players who last name begins with "Fe" or search for all players from Penn State etc..

Players Sorted by Team

Backup/Restore: You can now backup all the players in a game save. Then you can restore the player attributes in a game save from that backup. The match is done based on name and play-by-play index. For example, lets say you download a roster that has some global edits applied. However, you don’t want the global edits. You could back up the default ESPN roster file. Then, restore the player attributes in the downloaded game save from the default roster backup. All players that exist in both files (in name and index) would be restored to their original attributes. This would get most of the players in the download file back to their original attributes.
Old 03-28-2005, 10:38 AM   #3
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyermania
You get it here: http://web.tampabay.rr.com/flyingfinn/roster.htm

Here's what it enables you to do:
I appreciate it...thanks
Old 04-16-2005, 11:36 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

can you edit/change names with it? I tried, but couldn't figure out how to...
Old 04-16-2005, 01:16 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 4

no you cant change the names but you can in the actual game when you go to edit
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »