Home

New xbox action replay 4/25/05 with draft picks updated

This is a discussion on New xbox action replay 4/25/05 with draft picks updated within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2005, 05:41 PM   #9
All Star

jt45's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: New xbox action replay 4/25/05 with draft picks updated

First let me say that this is a truly incredilble project that you have undertaken and that your early product is awesome.

But I have to suggestions:

1. Could you please add Kevin Burnett, a MLB taken by Dallas in the 2nd round.

2. There are several teams that have players that need position changes. Most notably teams that are either introducing the 3-4 defense or moving away from it (ie. Dallas, Baltimore, Cleveland, Oakland, etc.).

Once again, thanks for everything you are doing. It is appreciated!
Old 04-25-2005, 06:24 PM   #10
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Absolutely amazing undertaking! Those of us who have taken on roster updates know what kind of time was involved....much thanks!!

I do have a couple of questions/points:

1) How did you find/make room for draftees? Did you have to overwrite certain in-game players?

2) I've read and experimented successfully with DB aggression rates being low. However, there seems to be some inconsistencies in yours, as if it was a mistaken edit. Specifically, I saw a teams corp of CB's with AGG ratings in the 20's and 30's and then one of them have a "1".

3) Same area: the DB's "catch" rating maybe could be lower overall to cut back on unrealistic #'s of INT's

Just some observations, bro..... believe me, your work is incredible. I wouldn't hesitate to compensate through PayPal.
Old 04-25-2005, 07:46 PM   #11
jmc
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
Absolutely amazing undertaking! Those of us who have taken on roster updates know what kind of time was involved....much thanks!!

I do have a couple of questions/points:

1) How did you find/make room for draftees? Did you have to overwrite certain in-game players?

2) I've read and experimented successfully with DB aggression rates being low. However, there seems to be some inconsistencies in yours, as if it was a mistaken edit. Specifically, I saw a teams corp of CB's with AGG ratings in the 20's and 30's and then one of them have a "1".

3) Same area: the DB's "catch" rating maybe could be lower overall to cut back on unrealistic #'s of INT's

Just some observations, bro..... believe me, your work is incredible. I wouldn't hesitate to compensate through PayPal.
1)I'm just using the player creates feature 2) To be honest I really didn't touch those ratings, but if you can fix them for me I would greatly appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2005, 10:04 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

Could you make Chad Owens from Hawaii who is on Jacksonville
Old 04-25-2005, 10:55 PM   #13
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
What type of body sizes changes do you make so it brings more realism. Is there a certain pattern you follow?
This the pattern I follow:

lineman 280-310 large body.but if 310 plus and only 6'0 to 6'3 its xrta large
linemen 320-plus all extra large
all rb are normal, rb under 6'0 and 230 plus wld be large
all fb are large unless short ei under 6'0 and 250 plus then its xtra large
WR 5'9 to 5'11 185 -210 would be normal, under 185 is skinny at these ht
WR 6'0 and up are skinny unless they weigh over 220, then normal. unless 6'5 plus then skinny
CB follow the same as WR but will be mostly skinny
LB are normal unless 260 plus then its large
all S are normal
QB are normal unless 6'4 and less than 200lbs then skinny

I kind of just play in by how players look in pads, but it does add a little more realism to me.
Old 04-25-2005, 11:30 PM   #14
NBA All Life Team

DiceMan's Arena

OVR: 12

good loookin out on this roster jmc. im glad people are taking this project seriously and keeping the game alive for us that love it. keep up the good work my man.
NY Yankees
4 Life.....
Old 04-26-2005, 01:19 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 3

Cool, ok I'll take my pics down now to save space lol

Yea, I totally agree with what you're saying Rick. And catch hit it right on the head with what I was saying.
Its just Chris's body type compared to the player models in the game. Looks like a great fit

PS - Seeing real game pics side by side with 2K5 pics...dang, how sweet are those graphics If the next gen systems weren't around the corner, this would still be the best looking sports game for years to come I think! ha

Last edited by NickChew; 04-26-2005 at 10:05 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2005, 01:50 AM   #16
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickChew
Don't mean to jack the thread like this, but I gotta show that I'm not doin my rosters on crack or anything lol

These are in game photos of Chris this year. The other shots are of him in my rosters, edited to a skinny body type.
6'3 218-20 is a "skinner" body type for an NFL RB. Now, not skinny to most of us yes. A very long strided runner, with a lengthy body. But compare that to the standard NFL back. And why K. Jones was listed as skinny in the game I don't know. Didn't know 5'11 221 was considered skinny, haha

On another note...looks like I'll have to get Chris's cowboy collar out of his equip edits.
Ok,ok so what I'm saying is that 220-225 is not skinny but if you're comparing him to other backs how is that skinny when you've got Dunn at what...175-180 just doesn't make sense uless you take into account his height which makes him appear to be skinny when actually he's not just tall IMO.

In any case I like to keep it simple and practice the old "KISS" system and that being..."Keep It Simple Stupid"...not you or anyone eles but lets not get side tracked here the guy is simply put as you've stated a "Long" strider like another back that comes to mind..."Eric Dickerson"...remember him running back for the LA Rams back in the day...this guy reminds me of Erics body type a long strider but not skinny just tall or as some would say "Lean" not skinny...Jordan as an NBA rookie and later years was "lean" with his legs and leaping ability and was never refered to as skinny but lean...is all I'm saying and I'll leave it alone.

I have seen these guys play over the years and skinny isn't what you guys think it is the guy is a 6'3" running back with long legs that make him appear to be skinny when actually he's not tall yes skinny the body type for his size and weight should be lean but since no option exsist then I can only assume you've optioned for the closest thing that being skinny but don't you ever wonder how that effects his "running" style...Emitt Smith was what 5'10" or shorter or the great Barry Sanders at 5'9" with thighs and legs build very powerfully or Thurmund Thomas,Duce and as of late K.Jones in Detroit.

Holla Back y'all

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »