Home

Working on a set of rosters that play well on default levels(beta testers needed)

This is a discussion on Working on a set of rosters that play well on default levels(beta testers needed) within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2005, 10:44 PM   #49
Captain Sarcastic

OVR: 6
Re: Working on a set of rosters that play well on default levels(beta testers needed)

Well I just finished my first game with these, and I must say they are awesome. Gone is the ability to catch a slant and outrun everyone that I shouldn't. Gone is the glitch running down the sideline where everyone just runs behind you. Guys actually took angles and took me down.

The passing is a lot more precise too. I got picked off twice on throws that would have been a TD in the past.

I still wish 2k6 would have come out. I forgot how much I hated calling an audiable, and the game waits for the defense to get in position before you can snap. Still I've been playing NCAA/Madden 06, and I love it 2k5 all over with this roster w/all the global updates.

You get about as much out of these rosters as you do from madden one year to the next gameplay wise, so I'm loving them! Thanks again guys. This is my main game now, so I will let you know how things progress.
Old 08-27-2005, 12:01 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 1
Exclamation Re: Working on a set of rosters that play well on default levels(beta testers needed)

I did find a few problems with this roster set in franchise that I would like to point out for anyone still working on them.

1) Rookies advance to 90's within 2 years it seems. People like Matt Jones became a 99 at his 3rd year pro.
2) During the Draft, I noticed quite a few positions have 0 for aggression and at most I found a DE with 4 aggression. I am wondering if this has to do with global edits.
3) A lot of the other players had stats which seemed double from what is normal, so I checked how many games it said they played. Some said the player played 17 games all the way up to 32 games. All the players on the same team though did not stay consistant. Also, some players who never even should have played had 1k rushing yards along with the starter of the team having around 1.3k rushing yards. I just never have seen that b4.
4) Along with number 3, I saw Trent Green win MVP one year, BUT it was with 9,000+ passing yards and 63 TD passes... I have no idea on how to fix these 2.

If I can remember any more from it, I will post them, but I think I got em all in there.
Old 08-27-2005, 01:20 PM   #51
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Working on a set of rosters that play well on default levels(beta testers needed)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickster101
Thanks DanSF49 glad to see you around these parts its been awhile bro glad to see you've still got that "Midas Touch"!!!

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101
Thanks for your hard work, but these rosters seem to a little outdated, There quite a few players on the gaints that haven't been there for a bit.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2005, 09:15 PM   #52
Rookie

Phil21's Arena

OVR: 3

I finally finished my first update. The roster is as recent as today (Peerless Price and Peter Warrick are free agents). The only person I edited was David Pollack because when I moved him to an OLB his ratings dropped. I also gave pictures to just about everyone that needed one.

Most numbers and positions should be fairly accurate, but if you find a problem with one of the teams let me know, and I'll fix it.

All credit with the edits and ratings goes to Rocky, and the pictures and roster moves are thanks to me. Enjoy them.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ESPNNFL2K5_Roster1.zip (295.3 KB, 24 views)
Old 08-31-2005, 07:12 PM   #53
Captain Sarcastic

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil21
I finally finished my first update. The roster is as recent as today (Peerless Price and Peter Warrick are free agents). The only person I edited was David Pollack because when I moved him to an OLB his ratings dropped. I also gave pictures to just about everyone that needed one.

Most numbers and positions should be fairly accurate, but if you find a problem with one of the teams let me know, and I'll fix it.

All credit with the edits and ratings goes to Rocky, and the pictures and roster moves are thanks to me. Enjoy them.
Awesome job thanks!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »