Home

Do the edits really ever stop

This is a discussion on Do the edits really ever stop within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-29-2005, 02:25 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 4
Do the edits really ever stop

You guys had some posts on here that said after a certain amount of edits the game wont let you do anymore, is this true, cause i been doing my NFL 2K6 project since the end of the season, have many edits and lots of CAPS and rooks, is the game just gonna stop on me soon and ill be screwed or you guys find a way around this, noplace or xrob?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2005, 04:11 AM   #2
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Do the edits really ever stop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pmogs10
You guys had some posts on here that said after a certain amount of edits the game wont let you do anymore, is this true, cause i been doing my NFL 2K6 project since the end of the season, have many edits and lots of CAPS and rooks, is the game just gonna stop on me soon and ill be screwed or you guys find a way around this, noplace or xrob?
I can't speak for either one of them but the only edit I've come across is the same one they did and mentioned that being in the names everything eles is OK as from what I've run into and its hoped Finn is working one an editor to get around it other then that its the only issue thats come up so far.

But also like what noplace mentioned he'll probably have a June roster which will more then likely have cuts in them so I'm sure there will be room for all players active for the season but until the camps and regular rosters come out no ones really sure who'll make the cut after all he did do something like 130-140 rookies and created/edited players theres bound to be room after the cut downs I'm sure just like the real life camps do so I'm not worried in the least bit that the rosters will hold up once all the camps and cuts are final.

Holla Back y'all
Old 05-29-2005, 08:33 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 13

With my most current roster posted I exceeded the 47 CAP limit I only had the problem with Justin Miller. So I haven't got that far as to where the game stopped me from editing names or things of that nature.

Gamertag XRob da Realist
Old 05-29-2005, 01:43 PM   #4
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrob
With my most current roster posted I exceeded the 47 CAP limit I only had the problem with Justin Miller. So I haven't got that far as to where the game stopped me from editing names or things of that nature.
I think we'll be fine,I've been working on the last roster you posted a sorta proto-type,its noplaces rookies in it since he's already done most of them and at 130-140 rookies I couldn't resist going thru it of course I've made quite a few roster moves updating it along with sliders which I do very well and its a working proto-type if you will and isn't anything set in stone but gives me a working roster to run off of for now until the final ones dropped and I see Ram209 has some here so I think I'll check his out and compare personal,I think I've done a decent job up to this point seeing it was pretty easy basically using personal already set up by you guys and checking roster updates and news coming outta the various training camps around the league so they're current but as you know is the case with rosters at this point "Subject To Change" and I haven't done any kind Franchise testing yet but that will come soon enough, for now I'm going to see how Ram209's are looking and am looking foreward to the rest of you guys rosters until the finals are dropped.

Holla Back y'all
Old 05-30-2005, 01:44 PM   #5
MVP

noplace's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickster101
I think we'll be fine,I've been working on the last roster you posted a sorta proto-type,its noplaces rookies in it since he's already done most of them and at 130-140 rookies I couldn't resist going thru it of course I've made quite a few roster moves updating it along with sliders which I do very well and its a working proto-type if you will and isn't anything set in stone but gives me a working roster to run off of for now until the final ones dropped and I see Ram209 has some here so I think I'll check his out and compare personal,I think I've done a decent job up to this point seeing it was pretty easy basically using personal already set up by you guys and checking roster updates and news coming outta the various training camps around the league so they're current but as you know is the case with rosters at this point "Subject To Change" and I haven't done any kind Franchise testing yet but that will come soon enough, for now I'm going to see how Ram209's are looking and am looking foreward to the rest of you guys rosters until the finals are dropped.

Holla Back y'all
The only problem is that players that are not in the game can not be created now. I didnt created the current punters on the Rams & Seahawks & they are not in the game. So the Rams and Sea have no punters at this time. Can only hope that Finn figures out away to Edit names in his editor.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2005, 04:53 PM   #6
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by noplace
The only problem is that players that are not in the game can not be created now. I didnt created the current punters on the Rams & Seahawks & they are not in the game. So the Rams and Sea have no punters at this time. Can only hope that Finn figures out away to Edit names in his editor.

Alls not as bad as it seems...just think in terms of productivity and common sense.

What would the CPU do if it saw a roster space open like that? It would sign another player simple as that and therefore you/we should follow the same reason of "Logic"...when we play Franchise games we or most of us see this all the time...the CPU signing players to fill roster voids.

I plan on doing the same thing except the edits will reflect what that particular player would do,its not that complicated the CPU does it all the time.

There are players still in the FA pool and others not on current rosters at this time,until Finn or someone eles figures a way around this I suggest doing what the CPU would do...sign another player/replacement until one can be found.

Its not a cure all but do you seriously think thats gonna kill the project? I don't think so,yes perhaps we've maxed the names out or something like that but thats something thats easily solved by the CPU it just signs a player and continues on so for now as a replacement sign a kicker/punter to fill that roster void and perhaps tweak his ratings/edits and even though he doesn't have the name you at least have a body to fill that roster spot until the original or replacement is named.

There are 6 punters and 10 kickers so there is no reason for any roster holes on any team just sign a replacement kicker/punter until the orriginal can be found...think big as in the movie "The Replacements".

Thats what I plan on doing until Finns editor come up with a better mouse trap until then my bros there no reason for any slots left with holes in them use those players in the FA and no longer playing edit their years and whatever eles it can be done and if push come to shove I'll use the kickers with edits and keep my own personal record as to who the player really is and there aren't that many so that shouldn't really be something to leave a player off the roster think with your head and not your heart..."Sign a Replacement Kicker" and fill those holes make a note as to who is really suppose to be there and move on...the CPU would do the same thing so get along and "Git er' Done"...I'd do just like the CPU would sign a replacement and edit him,make some notes as to who he's suppose to be and play on!!!

Holla Back y'all
Old 05-30-2005, 06:15 PM   #7
MVP

noplace's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickster101
Alls not as bad as it seems...just think in terms of productivity and common sense.

What would the CPU do if it saw a roster space open like that? It would sign another player simple as that and therefore you/we should follow the same reason of "Logic"...when we play Franchise games we or most of us see this all the time...the CPU signing players to fill roster voids.

I plan on doing the same thing except the edits will reflect what that particular player would do,its not that complicated the CPU does it all the time.

There are players still in the FA pool and others not on current rosters at this time,until Finn or someone eles figures a way around this I suggest doing what the CPU would do...sign another player/replacement until one can be found.

Its not a cure all but do you seriously think thats gonna kill the project? I don't think so,yes perhaps we've maxed the names out or something like that but thats something thats easily solved by the CPU it just signs a player and continues on so for now as a replacement sign a kicker/punter to fill that roster void and perhaps tweak his ratings/edits and even though he doesn't have the name you at least have a body to fill that roster spot until the original or replacement is named.

There are 6 punters and 10 kickers so there is no reason for any roster holes on any team just sign a replacement kicker/punter until the orriginal can be found...think big as in the movie "The Replacements".

Thats what I plan on doing until Finns editor come up with a better mouse trap until then my bros there no reason for any slots left with holes in them use those players in the FA and no longer playing edit their years and whatever eles it can be done and if push come to shove I'll use the kickers with edits and keep my own personal record as to who the player really is and there aren't that many so that shouldn't really be something to leave a player off the roster think with your head and not your heart..."Sign a Replacement Kicker" and fill those holes make a note as to who is really suppose to be there and move on...the CPU would do the same thing so get along and "Git er' Done"...I'd do just like the CPU would sign a replacement and edit him,make some notes as to who he's suppose to be and play on!!!

Holla Back y'all
I was just thinking about Rams & Seahawk fans thats all. If their anything like me, it would kill them that the roster was incorrect. But I see what you're saying we have no choice right now.
Old 05-30-2005, 06:56 PM   #8
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by noplace
I was just thinking about Rams & Seahawk fans thats all. If their anything like me, it would kill them that the roster was incorrect. But I see what you're saying we have no choice right now.

Yeah I feel ya bro thats whats know in the buisness as a "minor" tech difficulty and I'm sure we can work around it for now anyway...the project will stay the course for the loyal fans out there if for a little while we'll have something good here and something that I'm sure will rival most 2006 rosters coming along so for now we're in decent shape not perfect but better then most and worth the effort IMO.

Up next "Synchronized Swimming" and "Tiddly Winks"...anybody game enough to take on the challenge?j/k

Holla Back y'all

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »