Home

How do I correct this? (Redskins cap problem)

This is a discussion on How do I correct this? (Redskins cap problem) within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2005, 01:34 AM   #9
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: How do I correct this? (Redskins cap problem)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondra12
I think you are missing the point. DaFlyboys is not trying to cheat franchise mode, he is trying to play this year's schedule with the current rosters provided here. The problem is the current Redskins roster ends up over the CAP when in real life it isn't. If contracts are based on ratings, lowering the ratings of the players on the redskins before starting a franchise would allow the players to cost less, keeping them under the CAP. Once franchise starts, you return the players back to their original attribute values but since the contracts are already signed, the Skins still won't be over the CAP. He is just trying to have his season mirror the NFL season, making all the moves the real teams do along the way.

First off lets get to the facts...if you've been to Finns site lately you'll see that there is a problem with the editor it can cause files to "Crash" period Finn gave no real reason for this problem but as not to cause further harm to your system or files attached to it he has since "Removed" the editor due to this very very dangerious problem.

Second its not called cheating its an editor for that purpose alone editing and is in its 8th edition and I've used them all and they all have had one issue or another what he does is work on the problem and releases another edition like I said its in its 8th edition and I believe its an updated version.

Third the players created by the game are usually set to certain attributes already and its highly likely and probale the salary is included in that so when you "Further" edit that player his value will increase also reflecting his skills thus you may find youself going over the cap.

I can only confirm that by how Madden handles that issue and it works in MADDEN the better the players skills and attributes the more costly he'll be to which ever team he's assigned to...that makes sense to me its like these created players want to get paid for their skill and attribute levels.

Fourth I did not mean to imply anyone using the editors was "CHEATING" if you're using it then you are simply adjusting and augmenting files and using this as a "TOOL" nothing more or less...its basically a computer program used to arrange and augment files with options in it to "CUSTOMIZE" the game which it does quite well when used properly...its works to a certain extent but still has issues as he himself has posted at his site as he has all his updates and releases.

This is not his first,second,third or even fourth editor but his eigth and then some,the one I'm using is his first Ver.8 there are two others after the first and perhaps you guys are using his lastest which has since been removed most likely due to problems you all are now experiencing with it functioning in the Franchise modes.

My suggestion would be to carefully go over your teams roster and verify the ratings as not to go over certain caps not all teams have monitary issues and can afford to pay out monies to players created with "FAT" cap numbers and of course some don't thats just how it is.

And finally I don't think guys using the editors realize what a risk they're taking especially if you haven't read his warning relating to his last editor posted its in plain english...I'd suggest reading that message as to avoid any damage using it at your own "RISK" as he has stated also in his read me file.

Its up to you in using it however unless you're skilled and understand its options and use and are familiar with his previous versions I would not fool with it.

I have PM'd guys on this subject and the guys I've chatted with have experienced no such problems at this time I can only summize that their using the first and original 8th edition Ver.1 anything after that and you're playing with a loaded gun aimed at your pc and associated files so use with extreme caution because "Crashing" files is a serious event waiting to possibly happen to a pc very near you coming soon so user "BEWARE" and check out his message at his site...you now have been officially "WARNED" by your truly...so my fellow members beware of this issues using Finns latest editor.

Holla Back y'all
Old 06-14-2005, 01:09 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickster101
you're playing with a loaded gun aimed at your pc and associated files so use with extreme caution because "Crashing" files is a serious event waiting to possibly happen to a pc very near you coming soon so user "BEWARE" and check out his message at his site...you now have been officially "WARNED" by your truly...so my fellow members beware of this issues using Finns latest editor.

Holla Back y'all
His editor doesn't "crash" your PC. It may cause NFL 2k5 to freeze but it won't do anything to your computer. Just to keep the record straight.
Old 06-15-2005, 12:05 AM   #11
Daydream Believer

Flyboy's Arena

OVR: 26

Besides Carlos Rogers and Jason Campbell which I don't think are too high in ratings, what other rookies are considered rated "too" high on the team?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2005, 08:12 AM   #12
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

This may be solved it some players are released. Like make sure Chad Morton is released and Rod Gardner & Mike Barrow will be release.
Old 06-17-2005, 06:36 PM   #13
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

No luck with any of this.... at one point I just started releasing a bunch of players and some time the number would go up and sometimes down.... it's confusing... or a glitch... or both.
Old 06-17-2005, 07:08 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
No luck with any of this.... at one point I just started releasing a bunch of players and some time the number would go up and sometimes down.... it's confusing... or a glitch... or both.

No glitch, when you cut someone you have to pay them there roster bonus which is the penalty in this game, if you cut someone with a 6 M contrach and Penalty of 8 M, then you losing 2 M, your not saving yourself anything AKA Mark Brunell's contract, you cut him and you save nothing, you just add more to your debt, you gotta cut people b4 you start your franchise then re-sign him to the team and he will be givin a legit contract that is coincided with his overall rather then his real life over-paid contract
Old 06-17-2005, 07:52 PM   #15
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pmogs10
No glitch, when you cut someone you have to pay them there roster bonus which is the penalty in this game, if you cut someone with a 6 M contrach and Penalty of 8 M, then you losing 2 M, your not saving yourself anything AKA Mark Brunell's contract, you cut him and you save nothing, you just add more to your debt, you gotta cut people b4 you start your franchise then re-sign him to the team and he will be givin a legit contract that is coincided with his overall rather then his real life over-paid contract

Great post bro I thought eveyone was aware of cap manegment issues thats how it usually works in the real world and transends in the game basically the same way as you've described I'm surprised guys are actually having problems working the cap because its pretty much as you've explained great post, now if only guys will pay this more attention and maybe do a little more managing the true to life aspects of the game and take a closer look at the cap numbers they do make sense at times and when worked properly can be an effective tool for working the franchise mode.

Holla back y'all
Rickster101
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2005, 07:52 PM   #16
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

thanx 4 the help

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »