Home

This might be the answer to the poor QB play...more work needed

This is a discussion on This might be the answer to the poor QB play...more work needed within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2005, 02:08 AM   #1
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27
This might be the answer to the poor QB play...more work needed

I edited all starting QB's so that pass read, accuracy, composure & consistency was 103 or above with the marquee QB's at the mid to high 120's level. Then, since composure was up, I decided to put scramble at a minimum of 100 (and of course, higher for the scramblers in the league). I also (kind of arbitrarily) decided to put AGG down in the teens, though no real logic there. But, I think the deciding factor just may be leadership. Again, I'm maxing it out for the marquee guys and matching it up with the other above raised levels. Vick's is shown below.

So far in the mini-experiment (with maxed 3 main offensive sliders for the cpu) Vick vs. KC was 16 for 31 with 1 TD and NO int's. The real suprising result was turning the cpu blocking slider up to the second major hash mark from the left which opened Dunn up in the second half for 200 yards! I tweaked the human sliders to my liking and what I think is in keeping with what the Chiefs should be able to do, but keeping them fairly low. I ended up losing a nail-biter 39-31. I wasn't intimidated by the Falcons in the past, so this was a pleasant surprise. Vick never scrambled though, so it seemed that the composure setting kept him home in the pocket.

The bottom line seemed to be the "leadership" attribute. More experimenting is needed and I think I have Peyton next....so it should be fun! (thanks to Flyermania for the rosters to work from).

Last edited by daflyboys; 06-14-2005 at 02:13 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2005, 12:17 PM   #2
MVP

Flyermania's Arena

Re: This might be the answer to the poor QB play...more work needed

Interesting work on the edits....please keep me posted on how things go. My kingdom for a high CPU completion percentage!
Old 06-14-2005, 08:04 PM   #3
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

Well, just played against Manning & Co. and had to zero out the INT slider as he had 2 in the first half. His 3rd in the second half wasn't his fault as his receivers picked each other. Wasn't happy with some of the choices he made. He did throw for 350+ yards, but only 1 TD, which was mainly Stokely's doing, not a pass to the end zone or throwing to anyone in stride. More to do.....
Old 06-15-2005, 05:44 PM   #4
MVP

Flyermania's Arena

I hate to say it, but at times I think these are issues that are inherent to the programming of the game itself and cannot be consistently corrected. You know...like EA's hockey series.
Old 06-15-2005, 10:14 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

The fix for this problem is simple. You must put the stamina rating for all the QBs to 99. It solves all the QB play problems.

Tim
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2005, 01:55 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 6

[quote=Timathie]The fix for this problem is simple. You must put the stamina rating for all the QBs to 99. It solves all the QB play problems.

When you do this is does it still allow a difference in the level of play say between joey harrington and donovan mcnabb or do all of the qbs play good?
Also, is qb stamina to 99 the only rating you are changing?

Last edited by astronut; 06-17-2005 at 01:59 AM.
Old 06-17-2005, 03:47 AM   #7
MVP

adriano's Arena

OVR: 8

[quote=astronut]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timathie
The fix for this problem is simple. You must put the stamina rating for all the QBs to 99. It solves all the QB play problems.

When you do this is does it still allow a difference in the level of play say between joey harrington and donovan mcnabb or do all of the qbs play good?
So would 99 stamina be for the elite Qbs and degrade from there down to say a average qb rating at 65?
Old 06-17-2005, 07:07 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

[quote=astronut]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timathie

Yes it does. The diffenents in play for all Qbs is there. I know nobody belives me. I dont even know why I keep trying to tell everyone. But I am telling you all Qbs at 99 stamina fixes alot of the playing issuse with this game. In fact go read my stamina post. It does explane alot. Stamina is the key to great game play. You must read..

Tim

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »