Home

GameChewOver Xbox Rosters v2 - "Mini-Camp Edition"

This is a discussion on GameChewOver Xbox Rosters v2 - "Mini-Camp Edition" within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2005, 05:21 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: GameChewOver Xbox Rosters v2 - "Mini-Camp Edition"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timathie
This was posted by Nick over on his fourm. I just wanted to repley...
Then why not reply over at the forum it was posted at?...lol
Thats why I put effort into that site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timathie
...Well as for line play I just dont see the samething you do. I see the lineman as too slow and not getting to there blocking assingments. Guard dont pull well at all. In fact I have gone pass the line before the guard has even got to his block. Now I know lineman are slow but they are not that slow. But this is not an aggressiveness problem. It is a speed problem.

Aggressiveness is the hardest one to put to a number. I agree with your findings on this but Personnally I would rather have it at 99 then anyother number. I just feel you get better game play out of it. But that does not mean I am right.

As for the stamina remember that it even if it is set to 99 for all that it is defferent for all players. This is the biggest fix of all. You put the fatguie slider just right and all the player rotate in and out properly. But you also haved to fix the sub in and out numbers. The problem is the sub in and out is backwards. You have to reverse the numbers to get it to work right. I dont think it is backwards. I know it is backwards. I could not ever get the settings right. So I switched it for giggles. I was very shocked by what I saw. Set it up so you sub in at 70% and out at 30%. You will see that the running back rotate like they should. Game plays much better. but dont belive me try it and see for your self. This only almost fixed most of the problems in the game.

Nick you have done a great job. I guess I am just after something different then everone else. It is importent for the roster stats in franchise to be as close to the real deal as I can get them for me. I have done that. It does not make any sense to me to have my stats be NFL like and the rest of the league be way off. I am not saying you have not done this either. I just have not tested them that is all, but I am going too.

Thank you for all your hard work.
Tim
Thanks for the input Tim. We all have opinions on our styles of gameplay.
Old 07-27-2005, 09:23 AM   #18
Rookie

That is a good question. Well i never said to be very bright. LOL. I dont know why i did not post it over there.

I love your rosters they are great.

Tim
Old 07-27-2005, 12:36 PM   #19
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

DL'd your rosters and further tweaked to address the QB AI concern. The pass read coverage decrease was a great find on these forums, but I assumed more needed to be done on the defensive side, so I dumbed down non-DLinemen in pass coverage and upped all receiver types in catching and run route. Some other posting spoke to RR and I agree it needs to be enhanced to help the QB's, not reduced. I also individually reduced composure for the running QB's though I only took my Chiefs up against the Pats as I wanted to see how a premier QB would do with this additional tweaks. I was very impressed. In franchise 10 min qtrs. (I never test in exhibition....worthless), Brady threw for close to 60% and 400 yards with ZERO INT's! Dillon also burned me on the ground after 2 big 2nd half runs, including one for 95 yards! Overall, there were too many total plays which has never been a problem before, but if I have to go to 8 or 9 min qtrs, no biggie.

The other thing that occured to me is that there may be a need for different slider sets depending on the type of team your playing: overall primo; bottom feeders; defense oriented. You could probably come up with 5 or 6 different orientations.

Well, would like to email these to you along with the sliders, but I'd like to test more as well. If the INT issue is solved via this and allows for the INT slider to work more effectively the more you push it off of the minimized setting, that would be great. That's all for now and tx for your work.
Old 07-27-2005, 06:17 PM   #20
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Hold the phone...these roster/sliders are just about there and its time for updates and roster changes if anything for for petes sake no more back to the lab testing at least not for me and guys are wanting to "PLAY" now and these sliders/rosters have already been thru enough already by you and your sites work its 2005 time to keep er' movin' for the up coming season and "git er' done", comon cuz those days are over and the seasons about to open very shortly now along with the release of Madden 2006 so time just about up as far as more of this more testing stuff...testing over time to play!!!

On the for real side check it out the guys not new to this neither are the fans of 2K5 who've waited quite awhile now and this is a 2K6 project thats been long,long,long into being work on like what...a long time already!!!

Hell the guys got his own site and has already done enough in delivering a fine set of rosters/sliders I check his site out often and trust me he is very,very much on top of things here and there his facts are together his theorys and fact findings are pretty solid IMO,testing extensively eveything and his work has been well documented and reported mostly at his own site so he's done his homework the guys the real deal check his site out!!!

Any longer and another millinium or ice age will be due,IMO he's done enough of the "Find" a cure tour and has paid his dues Nick you just keep doin' whatever it is you're doin' in keep us all happy but first bro have that fun yourself and don't worry about more testing and whatever bro play the game with all the work and effort you've put in already along with the "Fact" you've an actual site of your own further signifies your already significant contributions to improving the game.

Trust me guys will figure it out with the formula/guildlines you've laid down all of us will get thru it along with your other brethren also doing roster/sliders we all will get thru this trust me.

So in a word or two you've done enough play with all you've accomplished and enjoy the fruits of your labor...you deserve a break so take it you've earned at least that much and thanks for a job well done all the way round!!!

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101
Old 07-28-2005, 09:35 AM   #21
MVP

Flyermania's Arena

You're certainly entitled to your opinion, and if you feel the game has maximized it's potential (outside of roster updates) then by all means go for it.

Some of us, Daflyboys and myself included, are still frustrated with certain aspects of the game --- like the poor CPU QB play and high INT totals. If new ideas can be interjected to make the game better then I am all for it. With Finn's excellent editor it enables the life of 2k5 to go on for as long as we'd like it to, and that's a good thing.

No one is asking Nick to do anything....there is no arguement that he hasn't done a lot for the game already. But I have a feeling Nick is a perfectionist (otherwise he wouldn't be doing this in the first place), and with that would also enjoy new ideas on the game --- especially if it would make the game better, more realistic, and improve on it's current shortcomings.

So if you feel it's time to move on with the game, have fun. I wish I was at that point, but for some of us it's not quite there....yet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2005, 09:53 AM   #22
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

That's exaclty the point FM, thx. I'm not trashing CGO's rosters at all. In fact, I'm glad to adopt them and try to see if the QB AI can be made more real, at least in game. What I mean is, that if I have to sacrifice season stats being realistic for good in-game play.... I'll do that. When I did a lot of work on NHL 2K3 tweaking to assist with good AI play, that's what it came down to.

So far I'm very happy with the tweaks I made, having seen KC go up against the NYJ, OAK and DEN. The cpu QB's had two total INT's for those three games, making my only worry being what should be the right slider setting for me, which is a worry I don't mind. (BTW....I'm 0-3..... again, a good problem as it means I've got to do better play calling on both sides of the ball and no longer have to worry about the AI QB's).
Old 07-29-2005, 01:24 PM   #23
Rookie

I'm always looking forward to more info and opinions on anything with rosters and gameplay. Whatever works for the person playing the game, I say do it. I don't mind any changes to the rosters, thats why I put them out there. I love this stuff.

Like I posted in Tim's topic about just playing the game. I could sit here all day and constantly test and edit, I know its still far from my dream gameplay I would want. But I also enjoy playing the game. Gotta find that balance between the editing and taking time to enjoy the game

So again, any input is always appreciated. I like what your finding flyboy, as I too would like the AI passing to be a little more refined. But I didn't want to adjust that much at one time. But keep up the good work

Thanks

ps - Haha, dont worry Rick, more rookies and updates are coming once we get a good idea after the preseaon and depth charts fill out. Editing has taken a backseat for now, at least from what it use to be.
Old 07-30-2005, 07:27 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 1

Just wanted to say awesome job NickChew! Thanx for all the hard work.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »