Home

GameChewOver Xbox Rosters v2 - "Mini-Camp Edition"

This is a discussion on GameChewOver Xbox Rosters v2 - "Mini-Camp Edition" within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2005, 04:25 PM   #33
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: GameChewOver Xbox Rosters v2 - "Mini-Camp Edition"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickChew
I hope to work on more of them. All the teams though? Don't know how much time I'd have for that. But if I can mess around with these and get them to put out some nice gameplay from the cpu, something unique or promising...we'll see.
Well I've been playin' the Hell outta these playbooks and as far as nice gameplay from the CPU...trust me its there bro and plays great at least IMO.

Anyway you just gotta get somemore playbooks in doesn't make sense to just "Tease" with two of them and why is it you always exclude my Browns from testing?j/k

These play great and the 3-4 was amazing to see the CPU use during various points in the game,you know how I like it...10-12 minute games and player substitutions that depict real NFL games.

One thing I want to mention while I've got your attention...fatigue at "36" doesn't work for me and heres why....

It upsets my "RB" rotations and in a way doesn't let fatigue come into play as a factor as in creating miss matchs through out the team during games.

Now this is not for everybody to try but I'm a realist when it comes to my games and theres nothing sweeter then seeing a player sucking the ole O2 after long gains and hard play.

Well as far as playbooks these fit and played well with both teams using the 3-4 at certain and various points again during the game so don't stop now give me more and please don't forget about my Browns adapting that 3-4 this year...I want em' all !!!

Also check the depth charts I was looking for A. Davis outta Wisconsin for the Colts...James got injured and no FB set up either I think it should be some guy name Wall at FB not Mungro.

I'm satisfied with these so far excellent edits balanced with great sliders makes for a great game bro so keep it up...I'll have more later but for now these "Rock"...need more playbooks,depth charts and these are good to go IMO.

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101
Old 08-05-2005, 10:21 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickster101
...One thing I want to mention while I've got your attention...fatigue at "36" doesn't work for me and heres why....

It upsets my "RB" rotations and in a way doesn't let fatigue come into play as a factor as in creating miss matchs through out the team during games...

Also check the depth charts I was looking for A. Davis outta Wisconsin for the Colts...James got injured and no FB set up either I think it should be some guy name Wall at FB not Mungro...

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101

I'll get your Browns in there sometime haha. I always just pick a couple teams at random when testing is done. All I have time for. I wish I had more time to do all this, damn real life jobs, I tell ya lol
But yea, I think these playbooks could be pretty sweet.

I hear ya on that fatigue slider setting. I also noticed no substitutions hardly at all with that set to 36. I don't know why either, because earlier when I first released the rosters with that setting it was working well. But like you said, and you play a good sim like I do, I want the substitutions going on realistically. Something to look into. But yea, change any settings to fit your play style, thats what I always say.

Also, I already got ya covered on the FB situation for Indy. JT Wall is in and Mungro is at 3rd string HB. I noticed that while making the playbooks. And that will be one of the new changes you'll notice in the next roster release. Including a few more rookies at key spots, the Gardner trade, etc...
Old 08-05-2005, 11:00 PM   #35
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickChew
I'll get your Browns in there sometime haha. I always just pick a couple teams at random when testing is done. All I have time for. I wish I had more time to do all this, damn real life jobs, I tell ya lol
But yea, I think these playbooks could be pretty sweet.

I hear ya on that fatigue slider setting. I also noticed no substitutions hardly at all with that set to 36. I don't know why either, because earlier when I first released the rosters with that setting it was working well. But like you said, and you play a good sim like I do, I want the substitutions going on realistically. Something to look into. But yea, change any settings to fit your play style, thats what I always say.

Also, I already got ya covered on the FB situation for Indy. JT Wall is in and Mungro is at 3rd string HB. I noticed that while making the playbooks. And that will be one of the new changes you'll notice in the next roster release. Including a few more rookies at key spots, the Gardner trade, etc...

Sounds good bro on that fatigue issue at first I was willing to go along with 36 until after several games I pretty much noticed what you did and optioned to go down to 3 or 4 works out great for my playing sitution which happens to be "Pro" style sim with all it entails and then some as long as its realistic and guys keep sucking wind after big plays that drawn and fatigue players and get those rotations and miss matches going just like the real NFL.

I still find myself in awe when looking at the little things like proper "collision detection" something you've seemingly caputured with the edits you've implimented along with sliders that also work in conjunction with the rosters.

Up to know I've found them to be IMO the best at doing things and rendering the NFL experience as it should be...not perfect but very,very good at all aspects in the game from injuries to penalties and great gameplay for both the User and CPU.

Guys who create and make up rosters should take a cue from these rosters,I've seen alot of them exploit the figures and use numbers that cause the gameplay to not "Sync" up due to such numbers being implimented.

Simple solution to this would be to diet them off of the 99 steroid diet of aggression which IMO is a game killer in the sense of players acting and re-acting to game time situtions that don't require such above the norm behavior adjustments are fine if tempered with realistic attributes that actually reflect such players and their behavior...just my two cents from a self proclaimed "Slideoligist".

In the meantime I'll continue to enjoy your work as I've found them to be quite enjoyable and somewhat addictive in a sense and will be looking forward to your next version when you post them if theres anything needed as far as input and observations don't hesitate to ask I'm really enjoying what you've done with these.

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2005, 02:56 PM   #36
Rookie

New to this board but I just had to give a quick shout out for all of your hard work Chew. I've only played a couple of games with your rosters and settings but so far I'm loving it. (As the above stated I'm still looking for a good setting for subs but that should be an easy tweak.) I have a few questions, but I'm going to catch up on my reading on the boards to make sure they already haven't already been addressed.

Thanks again!!!!
Old 08-13-2005, 07:16 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 1

I post a lot over at 2ksports.com. Big Joe referred me to this roster update after I just picked up action replay today. I gotta say I like these rosters a lot. Thanks again for putting your time into these. NFL 2k5 forever
Old 08-14-2005, 12:37 AM   #38
Rookie

is there a roster for ps2?
Old 08-14-2005, 02:53 PM   #39
Rookie

Thanks for the kind words mudvayne

And lowride...I think you would want to get in touch with rudyjuly2. I believe he has a PS2 roster file in this forum as well.
Old 08-14-2005, 07:34 PM   #40
Rookie

ok i belive that you may possibly have the roster im looking for. the problem is i downloaded it i have action replay and when i try to drag it over it tells me that it isnt a valid xbox save. what am i doin wrong. In addition i have tried several other rosters to find out it that they were not quite there yet and have some questions about this one.

1.) exactly how accurate are the depth charts? I have noticed many players that were playing DE are now DT or OLB playin ILB now: few examples warren sapp was a DE now a DT; troy brown was a CB now back to WR; chad brown was OLB now an ILB (thats the biggest issue that nobody was able to do) NFL.com has all the accurate info but i have tried to switch positons in the game and wasnt able through roster manager

2) Are all the rookies on the teams or just the main ones?

3) Is the list of free agents accurate?

BUT mainly why doenst action replay recognize your roster as a valid xbox save?

Last edited by Ffsphynx; 08-14-2005 at 10:09 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »