Home

NoPlaces 2k6Rosters Traing Camp ver 1.0

This is a discussion on NoPlaces 2k6Rosters Traing Camp ver 1.0 within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2005, 12:35 PM   #41
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: NoPlaces 2k6Rosters Traing Camp ver 1.0

Noplace,

I've been trying out your rosters the past couple of days, and read the earlier post about the global edits you made. The other roster (GCOs) also made a lot of global edits. What worries me is that these glaobal ratings will take away from the individuality of the players, and they'll all play too much the same. Do you still see a good variety in stats and results with these changes?

For example, I noticed that the LB tackle attr. is 75. How many guys have an attribute other than that? I just don't want a bunch of clone running around with different names on the jerseys.

Right now I prefer using your roster to the other one because you made fewer gloabal edits. Ideally I'd like to see NO global edits, but it's too late for that unless I do my own rosters.

I really appreciate all the time you've obviuls put into this project. Maybe if you could explain in more detail why you made those changes it would make more sense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2005, 01:45 PM   #42
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewk
Noplace,

I've been trying out your rosters the past couple of days, and read the earlier post about the global edits you made. The other roster (GCOs) also made a lot of global edits. What worries me is that these glaobal ratings will take away from the individuality of the players, and they'll all play too much the same. Do you still see a good variety in stats and results with these changes?

For example, I noticed that the LB tackle attr. is 75. How many guys have an attribute other than that? I just don't want a bunch of clone running around with different names on the jerseys.

Right now I prefer using your roster to the other one because you made fewer gloabal edits. Ideally I'd like to see NO global edits, but it's too late for that unless I do my own rosters.

I really appreciate all the time you've obviuls put into this project. Maybe if you could explain in more detail why you made those changes it would make more sense.
Good questions, I basically did my edits by the minimum attri for a certain position. For example: I feel if you are a LB in the NFL the min for tlk should be 75...so thats the min at this time for all LB's...But the elite players in which I used the Pro-Bowl rosters for a grid range from 75-99...The big difference comes with the (consistency attriube) Which I used as a experience grid. This controls how well or often a player plays to the best of his ability. So even though 2 LB's may have a 75 for tlk...But one have 45 consistency & the other 75...The one with 75 will be higher rated and play better. On my next update you will see fewer global edits, I just used them as a starting point. I have been making edits on all players to get rid of most of the global edits so it want look the same as this roster..
Old 08-04-2005, 03:22 PM   #43
Pro

OVR: 9

Thanks for explaining that. If consistency really does have that affect, then at least it keeps the players a little more individual. That, plus it doesn't look like you changed all the attributes for players, so they still have things like speed that are vastly different.

Have you tried simming a few years of franchise to see what these cahnges do to them over time? I'm curious how the veterans will blend in with the rookies the games creates from year to year.

Also, I noticed that this latest set does not have photos for guys like Alex Smith, but the prior one (XRobNoPlace?) roster did? Any reason for this? Will they be added back in later?
Old 08-04-2005, 04:26 PM   #44
OS Member #242

gopadres's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:

Also, I noticed that this latest set does not have photos for guys like Alex Smith, but the prior one (XRobNoPlace?) roster did? Any reason for this? Will they be added back in later?
Yeah. And will Philip Rivers ever get a photo?
Old 08-04-2005, 09:36 PM   #45
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Thanks for explaining that. If consistency really does have that affect, then at least it keeps the players a little more individual. That, plus it doesn't look like you changed all the attributes for players, so they still have things like speed that are vastly different.

Have you tried simming a few years of franchise to see what these cahnges do to them over time? I'm curious how the veterans will blend in with the rookies the games creates from year to year.

X-rob did the photos on the last version. I may do a few but didnt think it was very necessary...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2005, 10:03 PM   #46
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by noplace
X-rob did the photos on the last version. I may do a few but didnt think it was very necessary...
can you explain how you did the photos.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 08-04-2005, 10:38 PM   #47
MVP

Flyermania's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
can you explain how you did the photos.
I was wondering the same thing. Do these new photos actually show up in-game as well, or just in the editor?
Old 08-05-2005, 12:10 AM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 1

you have to right click then select copy player then go to the player that doesnt have the pic then select paste pic only

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »