Home

Is there a way to add player pics with say a modded xbox?

This is a discussion on Is there a way to add player pics with say a modded xbox? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-08-2004, 06:05 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Is there a way to add player pics with say a modded xbox?

Is there anyway at all to add player pics to the roster file? If the pics themselves are saved into the roster file and are not simply referenced off the game disc then we should be able to add pictures to the roster save file somehow? I don't read this board too much, just wondering if anyone else has attempted this yet
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2004, 06:14 PM   #2
All Star

jt45's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Is there a way to add player pics with say a modded xbox?

Old 12-08-2004, 06:28 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt45
3, 2, 1 what? I am just asking if there is even a possibility at all. I don't own a modded xbox and do not endorse one. I just want to know if anyone has found out a way to add pictures to the roster files.
Old 12-08-2004, 06:36 PM   #4
Banned

whats with the stigma about modded xbox's? it's not illegal to mod your xbox. it's like upgrading your software or hardware on your computer.

its like guys get all scared to talk about something regarding software editing? shishka55 posted a very valid question with an answer that i'd like to know about as well.
Old 12-09-2004, 12:07 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishka55
Is there anyway at all to add player pics to the roster file? If the pics themselves are saved into the roster file and are not simply referenced off the game disc then we should be able to add pictures to the roster save file somehow? I don't read this board too much, just wondering if anyone else has attempted this yet
ive also given this some thought...I would think it would definitly be a possibility...All you'de hafta do would be find the folder where the pictures are stored and see what type of file they are...then take the image you want to use on your cpu for the player and convert it to that file type, upload to your xbox to the folder where the images are...and last but not least youde need to find the player database and find the tag in the player's source data and just link it to his image...shouldn't be hard im gonna actually try it out soon once I mod my box if i decide to mod it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2004, 01:29 AM   #6
Rookie

dbly32's Arena

OVR: 6

That would be cool, both for ESPN and Madden. I think it would be of more use in Madden as most of the rookies have no pictures (damn you lazy EA), and I've noticed LB Donte Curry of the Lions has Dre' Bly's picture.
Old 12-09-2004, 12:09 PM   #7
Rookie

My thinking is that the pictures are contained in the actual roster file. Although this seems like it would make the file larger than necessary, this explains a few things. There are some players who either didnt have pictures or did not exist in the factory rosters. (someone on here mentioned Ronald Curry, I have also noticed a few not so well-knowns) My point is, if the pictures were contained on the disc you could not add new ones through a roster update. Unless they created a way to have a base set of pictures on the disc and then be able to add them to the save file as well. Either case, we should be able to add pictures or modify them on the roster file. I know there is a roster editor out there that allows you to remove pictures. Is anyone on here familiar with how that was implemented? I looked at the roster file through a binary/hex viewer. I found names of players and stadiums and such, but I am not even sure what to look for because I don't know what type of image file is used.
Old 12-09-2004, 07:36 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishka55
My thinking is that the pictures are contained in the actual roster file. Although this seems like it would make the file larger than necessary, this explains a few things. There are some players who either didnt have pictures or did not exist in the factory rosters. (someone on here mentioned Ronald Curry, I have also noticed a few not so well-knowns) My point is, if the pictures were contained on the disc you could not add new ones through a roster update. Unless they created a way to have a base set of pictures on the disc and then be able to add them to the save file as well. Either case, we should be able to add pictures or modify them on the roster file. I know there is a roster editor out there that allows you to remove pictures. Is anyone on here familiar with how that was implemented? I looked at the roster file through a binary/hex viewer. I found names of players and stadiums and such, but I am not even sure what to look for because I don't know what type of image file is used.
Pictures are not stored in the the game save. My bet is that the pictures for some rookies were included on the disk before they had rights to use them so the earlier roster files did not contain the pointer to them. Later roster updates added the pointer to enable the picture once rights were secured.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »