Home

hey nickchew

This is a discussion on hey nickchew within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2005, 12:38 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
hey nickchew

hey nickchew,

first off, I wanted to dedicate this thread to throwing ya some much deserved props for the edits and slider adjustments. I have never had a more competitive (yet frighteningly realistic) game. The Chiefs and Colts absolutely sliced my guts open with their absolutely dominating offensive play, but I never felt like I was getting a raw deal.

The biggest improvement has to be in the QB AI.

Your edits reveal just how much of a large role LB's played (before your edits) in aiding DB coverage. Now, the DB's are more isolated and have to show up to shut down good passing offenses. W/o so much coverage help from LB's, and more time to read coverages (w/ the reduced read cov rating) the QB can now actually sit back and read the D and pick apart poor DB's. I can no longer go out and draft strictly fast DB's and expect them to make a QB throw 8 straigh incompletions like before.

Also, I love what you have done with the line play too. it really helps the Offense run alot more efficiently too.

The only note I had was that you mentioned some difficulty in franchise possibly because of too many team/player ratings getting inflated too high after a while. I greatly helped keep you ratings in check by reducing every player's speed by 10%. I have noticed no ill effects on gameplay whatsoever, and there are no longer rashes of 100 rated teams in franchise. I don't know if this solves the franchise bug but it may be worth a try. I haven't tested it in long term franchise but maybe someone would.

thanks again
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2005, 12:55 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: hey nickchew

I second what augustus just said, NickChew you have really done an amazing job with these rosters. I am having some of the most realistic games I have ever played in a video game before. Thanks again.
Old 08-03-2005, 01:34 PM   #3
Rookie

RDMercer's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSF49
I second what augustus just said, NickChew you have really done an amazing job with these rosters. I am having some of the most realistic games I have ever played in a video game before. Thanks again.
okay Nickey, I gotta try these NOW!!!
Old 08-03-2005, 02:04 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Thanks guys!

I enjoy working on it and love hearing about others having a blast with these rosters
Makes me even more motivated to continue working on them!
Old 08-03-2005, 02:41 PM   #5
Rookie

RDMercer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDMercer
okay Nickey, I gotta try these NOW!!!
WOW..very nice...I like alot of what Im seeing in the game so far...the CPU is a threat to hit the deep post or high percentage crossing patterns at any time...ONE QUESTION...does anyone have some sliders for these rosters...

I was playing as Dallas against the Giants and even though I was mixing it up I was able to run at the big runs were too abundant...at half I had almost 200 yards on about 10 carries with Julies...thats on default all pro...
so if you ahve some sliders that are working with this great roster I'd appreciate the post.

...BTW just saw your site...very nice...

peace

Last edited by RDMercer; 08-03-2005 at 02:43 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2005, 04:04 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 11

Nick has his sliders that go with this roster posted on his site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDMercer
WOW..very nice...I like alot of what Im seeing in the game so far...the CPU is a threat to hit the deep post or high percentage crossing patterns at any time...ONE QUESTION...does anyone have some sliders for these rosters...

I was playing as Dallas against the Giants and even though I was mixing it up I was able to run at the big runs were too abundant...at half I had almost 200 yards on about 10 carries with Julies...thats on default all pro...
so if you ahve some sliders that are working with this great roster I'd appreciate the post.

...BTW just saw your site...very nice...

peace
Old 08-03-2005, 04:38 PM   #7
Rookie

I'll chime in too. Thanks Nick for doing a wonderful job on the rosters and the sliders. My games have beeen very good. I look forward to your future updates.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »