Home

Text Rosters - updating 2k5 to new season

This is a discussion on Text Rosters - updating 2k5 to new season within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2005, 09:08 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Text Rosters - updating 2k5 to new season

As a PAL gamer, i can't use the Roster update files because they are for NTSC versions of the game.

Therefore to edit my roster file (something i have not done at all for ESPN 2k5) to the new NFL 2005/06 season i would very much appriciate a text file link with all the transactions needed. This means updating the stock game's default rosters.

If anyone can help me, or post links, or post a copy/paste of roster transactions, i would be very grateful.

Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2005, 09:18 AM   #2
MVP

Flyermania's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Text Rosters - updating 2k5 to new season

I've been using the transactions page on espn.com -- http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/transactions

You can go back three days at a time....kind of tedious, but thorough.
Old 08-03-2005, 09:34 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyermania
I've been using the transactions page on espn.com -- http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/transactions

You can go back three days at a time....kind of tedious, but thorough.
Cheers Flyermania, but if you can only go back 3 days previous at a time, i'm looking at about 100 clicks back to get to the start of the 2004 season!
Old 08-03-2005, 09:36 AM   #4
MVP

Flyermania's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freelancer 2K3
Cheers Flyermania, but if you can only go back 3 days previous at a time, i'm looking at about 100 clicks back to get to the start of the 2004 season!
Yeah, that's the only drawback.

I'll check around on the net and see if I can find a link that has a recap of the off-season moves. Are you looking for every single transaction, or just the major moves?
Old 08-03-2005, 09:39 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyermania
Yeah, that's the only drawback.

I'll check around on the net and see if I can find a link that has a recap of the off-season moves. Are you looking for every single transaction, or just the major moves?
either would be fine, but i'm looking mostly for every transaction to get the rosters from the stock 2k5 game up to the current NFL rosters for the new season. It's not just off-season moves between the end of the 2004/05 season i'm looking for. It's practically EVERYTHING that's happened in the way of trades since the 2k5 game was released.

This way, i'll avoid buying EA's game, and keep playing my much loved copy of NFL 2k5 well into the new season..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2005, 09:42 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freelancer 2K3
I'm thinking of updating 2k5 as well and will have to do it the ol' fashioned way too, lol. I think I'm just going to wait until near start of the season and then just go onto the teams' website and copy/paste/print their depth charts. Should be pretty accurate.

The thing is Freelancer, what do we do about the season schedules?
Old 08-03-2005, 09:42 AM   #7
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Use nfl.com's website. It has all the moves by team:

http://www.nfl.com/freeagency/afc-signings

That same page has the link for the NFC.
Old 08-03-2005, 10:00 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooberstabone
The thing is Freelancer, what do we do about the season schedules?
Season schedules can't be changed. However, i'll suspend my belief and just pretend that the 05/06 season is scheduled the same as the 04/05 season, and i'll try to imagine that the calender in the franchise mode says 2005/06, not 2004.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »