Home

NFL 2K4 Updated Rosters for 2005 season

This is a discussion on NFL 2K4 Updated Rosters for 2005 season within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 08-09-2005, 11:10 AM   #9
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: NFL 2K4 Updated Rosters for 2005 season

Well, I didn't have any idea how to rate a player either. So I'm basically looking at what other roster makers here have for 2K5, viewing them through the editor and bringing them into K4. Right now I'm taking bottom of the barrel FA's and editing everything to match a needed player. Yes the pic doesn't fit, but that pic never comes up in game so it really doesn't bother me. Accuracy of rosters and game play are always my biggest wants. If I have those, I'm content. I'm not saying these rosters will be 100% accurate. I'm primarily concerned with making sure all the marquee and important players are there and that depth chart numbers are good.
Old 08-09-2005, 11:16 AM   #10
MVP

Flyermania's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
Well, I didn't have any idea how to rate a player either. So I'm basically looking at what other roster makers here have for 2K5, viewing them through the editor and bringing them into K4. Right now I'm taking bottom of the barrel FA's and editing everything to match a needed player. Yes the pic doesn't fit, but that pic never comes up in game so it really doesn't bother me. Accuracy of rosters and game play are always my biggest wants. If I have those, I'm content. I'm not saying these rosters will be 100% accurate. I'm primarily concerned with making sure all the marquee and important players are there and that depth chart numbers are good.
Quite the undertaking bud....so do you think 2k4 will be garnering most of your time over 2k5?
Old 08-09-2005, 11:36 AM   #11
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyermania
Quite the undertaking bud....so do you think 2k4 will be garnering most of your time over 2k5?
You know I really do. I never realized how important the return game is. The Texans returned one against me last night and I just dropped my jaw! I have Hall leading the league in total return yards, but I have yet to do one, though have had some good returns. Carr also played well against last year's Chiefs coverage (but then again, who didn't! ) I think it really comes down to how you do the sliders and making sure the kickers are tweaked. Green had a horrendous game giving up 4 picks, though had a lot of yardage.... but again my own dumb fault. The other thing I like seeing again is realistic season stats/leaders. With the tweaks in K5, you can't get that.

The other thing is that you can do custom league set up in K4 as well. So when you switch entire divisions around, you end up playing different non-division games than the default season schedule, though still play your division opponents twice. Sure it's not the actual '05 schedule but I could give a rats.... as long as I can effect some variety.

Well, with no K6 - K10 (would it really have been called 2K10? yikes!), it's not like there isn't time to get these done. I made a bigger dent in the AFC moves and creations last night than I thought I would. Bringing the created players attributes over from K5 is the biggest hassle as the order of atty's don't match up in line, so when you print out the text numbers, you have to matchup what you want. Fortunately not every attribute is important for every player (e.g., Losman's blocking number, etc.).

The Browns have proved to be the biggest hassle, apparently having the most acquisitions for the AFC as I can tell. I have to get their present roster and see who else I need to release as I have no more room for them. I think what I'll do is release the partially done rosters once I have the AFC where I want them for guys to check out and mess with. Then I'll tackle the NFC.

(hey you made me wonder.... "garnering"... I wonder how many other NFL players last names could be made into a verb??! lol --- ok, gotta go; gotta talk to somebody who "owens" me some money !)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2005, 11:47 AM   #12
MVP

Flyermania's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
(hey you made me wonder.... "garnering"... I wonder how many other NFL players last names could be made into a verb??! lol --- ok, gotta go; gotta talk to somebody who "owens" me some money !)
With all these video games, I sometimes run out of time to "holmes" my wife when I'm done with the updates. Ugh, that was bad.

So generally speaking, do you see less INT's in 2k4 without player edits? And the same with CPU completion % ---- do the CPU QB's seem to be "smarter"?

I am very interested in your project...I am actually considering picking up a copy again. I always found the "zero" sliders worked very well in 2k4.
Old 08-09-2005, 12:43 PM   #13
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyermania
So generally speaking, do you see less INT's in 2k4 without player edits? And the same with CPU completion % ---- do the CPU QB's seem to be "smarter"?
I think they're just fine and like I said they're even taking off out of the pocket at times. I haven't played against the likes of Vick and McNabb so I'm interested to see how often and how well they run. There may be a need to tweak the "running/scrambling" QB's and related attys. Relatedly, I can consider running with Green, but sometimes you can see it's not wise as they cover the escape routes pretty well.

One KC note... I think Gonzalez is a little too effective and I may tone down his catch ability.
Old 08-09-2005, 10:42 PM   #14
MVP

Flyermania's Arena

So overall would you say you like it better than 2k5? Even our edited version?

How are the rosters coming along?
Old 08-09-2005, 11:41 PM   #15
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

Overall I would say I do. I love the KR game; the way the QB's scramble and run at times; I don't worry that the QB's will have a bad game, but I believe I have a chance to stop a QB with good planned out defense. Sure there are feature in K5 I absolutely love, but overall I've gotta give the offline edge to K4 at this point.

Still working on the AFC..... created/edited players, etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2005, 07:26 AM   #16
MVP

Flyermania's Arena

You've inspired me....I think I am going to pick up a copy of 2k4 today with part of my store credit at EB Games. If I can assist with the rosters, testing, or whatever just let me know!

Do you recall offhand if you could play in First Person Football mode while in season mode in 2k4? I'm pretty sure you can in 2k5.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »