Home

DreadedSteeler's 2K6 Roster

This is a discussion on DreadedSteeler's 2K6 Roster within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2005, 05:48 PM   #49
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: DreadedSteeler's 2K6 Roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickChew
This might be the key to everything about the freeze...

Just as someone noted to me the other day, about player names and numbers. If you do everything in the editor first and save. Then load the file on Xbox and go into the game...any player that had a number overwritten in the editor, the commentary would still say his old number. Even works with names.
Now if you load up that roster file, but go into the Edit Player in the game and go through "pressing start" to advance all the way through and save. Then the changed number/name/etc is "resaved" while in game. Apparently it fixes the name and number bug.

Could this be the same concept for the franchise freeze?

DreadedSteeler, do u know off hand how many rookies have been created in this roster set?

I doubt it you're still using players from a stock pool of them and once you've exhausted those stock files they're gone and re-wrting over them won't help!!

I can't see how you'd edit something thats not there or available...just my two cents worth (which is priceless) but I just don't see the cpu giving in on this issue it is what it is but I may be wrong however I've never met a computer that didn't process from the point of logic...files used, files not available sorry we're out of "STOCK" player files no more all gone or used up...sorry!!!

But if you've seen this procedure work using Finns editor I'll believe you but I seriously don't believe it, Finns editors have always had issues and I've used every version as I'm sure you have but the more features introduced to them the more chances are theres a bug in it and with his latest its got alotta things going on and its only an editor I don't believe it can fix all issues after all its only an editor and not a Hex program or anything it doesn't do code and is limited to only functions dealing with changing/augmenting/editing files already set up...not the actual codeing for changing files that way but again I may be off here...if you can get this "someone" person to get it goin' and have done it yourself then I'm convinced but I want facts...and you're up bro so let me know if it works!!!

Holla Back y'all
Rickster
Old 08-23-2005, 06:06 PM   #50
Pro

DreadedSteeler's Arena

OVR: 8

Nickchew,

I believe there are 101 rookies, but i'm not sure about how many created players total i have. I'll have to count them when i get a chance. Another thing i was thinking about do you think the freeze could be caused by pasting pics from a different roster? I only used pics from that last sega roster update file and never pasted anything from a different file.
Old 08-24-2005, 01:14 AM   #51
Banned

OVR: 15

DreadedSteeler.....

I was just looking through your roster and theres a few rookies missing.

DT Manuel Wright (MIA)
DT Travis Johnson (HOU)
OG Adam Snyder (SF)
WR Rasheed Marshall (SF)

Also, SF is missing DE Andrew Williams and OT Scott Gragg was released this past June. I dont have Xbox but im looking through your roster on Finn's editor and it looks pretty solid. I'm really surprised that you missed Texans DT Travis Johnson considering he was the first DT drafted.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2005, 05:05 AM   #52
Pro

DreadedSteeler's Arena

OVR: 8

Dan,

I usually do updates to the roster daily...I thought i already had Travis Johnson on there, but i just checked and yep, somehow i missed him. Thanks for the info. I'm also still working on position and depth chart changes along with a number change here and there...and oh yeah, more rookies.
Old 08-24-2005, 09:06 AM   #53
MVP

OVR: 12

Has anyone come to a conclusion for the amount of created players you can have before you get the nfl draft lockup? I created Travis Daniels and added him to the Dolphins and simmed a season and tried the draft manually and I still did not get any game freeze/lockup.
Old 08-24-2005, 12:38 PM   #54
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreadedSteeler
Nickchew,

I believe there are 101 rookies, but i'm not sure about how many created players total i have. I'll have to count them when i get a chance. Another thing i was thinking about do you think the freeze could be caused by pasting pics from a different roster? I only used pics from that last sega roster update file and never pasted anything from a different file.
That's a good idea from now on every rookies u create write down the number in a notebook until u finally reach that limit. I don't think pasting photos from another file has anything to do with freezing though.

Gamertag XRob da Realist
Old 08-24-2005, 02:01 PM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 1

I'm new to the whole "2K6" roster updating, so I have what may be a very n00bish question: have you edited the player sizes? Just looking through, many of the players are the wrong size. For example, clinton portis and jamal lewis should not be the same size in terms of "largeness". Another example would be that many of the linebackers should be set to large, not normal.

I was just wondering if your roster update addresses this issue. Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2005, 02:14 PM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narclepto99
I'm new to the whole "2K6" roster updating, so I have what may be a very n00bish question: have you edited the player sizes? Just looking through, many of the players are the wrong size. For example, clinton portis and jamal lewis should not be the same size in terms of "largeness". Another example would be that many of the linebackers should be set to large, not normal.
I was just wondering if your roster update addresses this issue. Thanks.
Ah ha! I knew I wasn't the only one wondering about the player model sizes, haha. Shamless plug...Editing Poll

Now the player models are still the best in any football game yet. But when we have the option to adjust them, some do appear a bit off for my uber simulation football tastes

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »