Home

How useful would this be...

This is a discussion on How useful would this be... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 08-29-2005, 08:34 AM   #9
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: How useful would this be...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
I think I can allow you to edit names in the editor, but as it stands, you can only select names that already exist in the game save. That way, you could save the in-game rename slots for those players with name that don't already exist. Not sure how much it would help but I don't think it would hurt and should provide a bigger rename limit since duplicate names won't need to use a slot... What do you all think?
That would be huge Finn good looking. Go for it
Old 08-29-2005, 01:28 PM   #10
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
I think I can allow you to edit names in the editor, but as it stands, you can only select names that already exist in the game save. That way, you could save the in-game rename slots for those players with name that don't already exist. Not sure how much it would help but I don't think it would hurt and should provide a bigger rename limit since duplicate names won't need to use a slot... What do you all think?

Sounds like a great idea Finn if you can pull it off,my main concern though is with the Freeze issue and getting more names in the game.

I'm assuming you're working on away to do this but I do have a question about the name editing...just what is the limit or will you open all the files up for this re-naming of players using all files including the player files used for generating players as in the Franchise mode.

My concern here is that you'll simply run out of them due to some limit on the number of files available for re-naming...will your testing lead to the availabilty to name any and all player files or will it feature a certain limit as to avoid Freezing and running out of files to name?

My thinking is that there is a limit and when re-naming player files ,we over use the files and deplete whats needed for the Franchise features when we go there for future games and seasons so when the next season comes up if the files were used then none will be availabe due to too many named players created/edited earlier...its a theory that makes sense to me.

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101
Old 08-29-2005, 04:03 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
It's a great program that can only get better. That upgrade would give us more flexibility with roster updates and changes!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2005, 05:38 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:

Anything to better the game is a good idea, and I think this editor will be bigger and better as time go on so go for it Finn.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »