Home

"editor" question

This is a discussion on "editor" question within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2005, 04:26 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 5
"editor" question

I am getting anxious to start playing a new season with 2k5 again. I really appreciate all of the work so many of you do with the rosters to keep them up to date, but I have a question. I have used Finn's editor a few times for some global and individual edits, but that is about it. Now that I am anxious to get the season going, I was going to just use one of the hard working roster makers files and change just a couple of the most rescent deals such as the Colts and Simon, and the Bears and Orton, Vikings (hate-em) and Cambell etc. But I just realized Finn's "editor" really doesn't let you "edit" that much as far as rosters go, it is just for attributes and now the schedule (awesome). Is this correct? So I still have to go into the actual game with the controller to move and change players from different teams and such? I thought there was an option to do it all in this handy software, but I guess not. Is this correct? If so I give even more props to you roster makers doing all of this hard work with a controller in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2005, 05:13 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: "editor" question

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB33
I am getting anxious to start playing a new season with 2k5 again. I really appreciate all of the work so many of you do with the rosters to keep them up to date, but I have a question. I have used Finn's editor a few times for some global and individual edits, but that is about it. Now that I am anxious to get the season going, I was going to just use one of the hard working roster makers files and change just a couple of the most rescent deals such as the Colts and Simon, and the Bears and Orton, Vikings (hate-em) and Cambell etc. But I just realized Finn's "editor" really doesn't let you "edit" that much as far as rosters go, it is just for attributes and now the schedule (awesome). Is this correct? So I still have to go into the actual game with the controller to move and change players from different teams and such? I thought there was an option to do it all in this handy software, but I guess not. Is this correct? If so I give even more props to you roster makers doing all of this hard work with a controller in the game.
You used to be able to do it in the editor but it caused freezing so it was removed. This software still rocks though and now allows many other features.
Old 09-08-2005, 06:22 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 5

Oh I definately agree that this does in fact "rock" but I was just under the impression that it was all done on the software. Thanks. And an even bigger hats off to all of you editors.
One last question. I think you can do this, but say I have all edits and atributes set to how I like them and a newer more up to date roster is made. Do I lose all of the work I did with editing, or can those attributes be used in a new roster? Thanks
Old 09-09-2005, 12:40 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB33
Oh I definately agree that this does in fact "rock" but I was just under the impression that it was all done on the software. Thanks. And an even bigger hats off to all of you editors.
One last question. I think you can do this, but say I have all edits and atributes set to how I like them and a newer more up to date roster is made. Do I lose all of the work I did with editing, or can those attributes be used in a new roster? Thanks
You can copy the edited players stats over or paste the players added in the updated rosters to the old roster.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »