Home

9/8 Roster - No Global Edits

This is a discussion on 9/8 Roster - No Global Edits within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 09-12-2005, 01:05 PM   #17
Return of Big Mike...

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: 9/8 Roster - No Global Edits - XBOX

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallydog
Hopefully this will be of some use to those of you who are good at editing attributes.
9/12 - Added Willie Parker to the Steelers after his breakout performance yesterday. Updated their depth chart based on what they posted today at their site. Left Haynes at FB (it seems he would fill the spot if Krieder was injured more-so than Staley or Bettis)

Added Jammal Brown and made changes to the Saint's Depth Chart and Jersey #s

This roster was created as a starting point. Aside from players being advanced a year, there are no global edits. All stats are as they were on the last official VC roster.

71 new players have been added. Both rookies and veterans to fill the first string on all teams. I tried to keep as many 1st round draft picks but some have been excluded.

This roster includes accurate depth charts and Jersey #s. There should be no inaccurate announcer cues (i.e. announcer calls out LeVar Arrington for JJ Arrington)

Please let me know if there are any errors. Feed back is always welcome. Enjoy.

[/font][/size]
Hey Wallydog,
Did you use anyone's file as a basis? Was this one that you started from scratch?
Old 09-12-2005, 01:45 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 1

candyman...

No...this was started from scratch using the last offical VC roster (1/2005). I found with some of the rosters I downloaded there were inconsistanies with names and announcers. It seems that if you rewrite a current player with a recognized name, you'll get the announcer calling that player with the correct last name but a different first name. This does not happen however with newly created players. First names are never mentioned. Plus I tried to use only players without photos (except retired players which are displayed)

This roster was created to make other roster makers jobs easier so feel free to use it for your project if you wish.

For added piece of mind, I checked that every rewritten player was called out by their jersey number so as not to 'detach' their sound file with that player so if ever they were needed in the future you could just recreate them and noone would be the wiser.

When Finn updates his editor it should make the announcer issue a mute point.

Last edited by wallydog; 09-12-2005 at 01:49 PM.
Old 09-12-2005, 01:57 PM   #19
Return of Big Mike...

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallydog
candyman...

No...this was started from scratch using the last offical VC roster (1/2005). I found with some of the rosters I downloaded there were inconsistanies with names and announcers. It seems that if you rewrite a current player with a recognized name, you'll get the announcer calling that player with the correct last name but a different first name. This does not happen however with newly created players. First names are never mentioned. Plus I tried to use only players without photos (except retired players which are displayed)

This roster was created to make other roster makers jobs easier so feel free to use it for your project if you wish.

For added piece of mind, I checked that every rewritten player was called out by their jersey number so as not to 'detach' their sound file with that player so if ever they were needed in the future you could just recreate them and noone would be the wiser.

When Finn updates his editor it should make the announcer issue a mute point.
Thanks.

I uploaded your roster in Finn's editor and it looks really good. I'm a Bears and 49ers fan (they won yetersday-yah), so I checked the 49ers and saw that there were players that are missing. That's no big deal because I understand you created a really nice base roster set that could be used to expand upon.

The cutoff date that you used to create these, was it 9/8?

I was working off of the new base that Nick Chew has posted on his site, but it needs a lot of editing. Have you had any freezing at all in franchise mode with this especially after the draft?

Thanks again.
Old 09-13-2005, 01:47 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 1

Fletcher... I don't mind you posting your updates but I suspect you may be working off of someone else's file. R. Bironas should have always been included. I recently added W. Parker but am done for now until Finn's editor update.
Old 09-15-2005, 06:40 PM   #21
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: 9/8 Roster - No Global Edits

Aaron Rogers is missing from the Packers as well. If you spell it RoDgers instead of Rogers it will find the name.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2005, 08:03 PM   #22
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: 9/8 Roster - No Global Edits

Do these work in Franchise mode? They look real good, but I don't want to start a franchise just to have them freeze after the first season like some other rosters have...

Thanks for all your hard work...keep it up...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »