Home

Team roster related trick in 2k5

This is a discussion on Team roster related trick in 2k5 within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2005, 05:17 PM   #1
Pro

Erratic's Arena

OVR: 6
Team roster related trick in 2k5

This was posted on nfl2k5forever... I don't know if this can be of any use or not, but I thought I'd post it, anyway just in case. BTW All credit goes to dan77733 for the trick.

"I found an awesome trick earlier today that allows you to edit as many players as you want while at the same time not have to even use the create a player feature. If you have all four official roster updates, you can use them all as well as the default roster. I'm using three rosters. Default, opening and final. Years pro is also correct as is player positions on the depth chart but not all players are moved. They can all be moved but its more of a pain in the *** to do plus there will be too many players without a pic. The negatives are 1)you cant see your team's roster in the roster manager and 2)your team's offensive, defensive and overall ratings is replaced with question marks(??). Here's what I did -

I'm using the default roster for my 49ers. I released 11 players who shouldnt be there. I then assigned FB Chris Heatherington(OAK), TE Steve Bush(FA) and K Joe Nedney(TEN).

I then went in to franchise with the 49ers and saved the "team" using the "export" feature. I did not save the franchise, just the team.

I then quit and load the opening roster. I then release DE Travis Hall(ATL) and DE Marques Douglas(BAL) in to free agents. I then load my exported team. I then start a franchise with customize league on. Make sure customize league is on.

Then, I switched my 49ers with my exported 49ers team. When you highlight the 49ers to switch them, there will be a second 49ers team listed before them. For example, it will say Vikings, 49ers, 49ers, Bears, Bengals, etc. Make sure you switch the original 49ers with the exported 49ers.

Now in franchise, I go to free agents and sign both Hall and Douglas. It doesnt matter what kind of contract you sign them as unless you want to play with the exported team in franchise.

I then save the 49ers again via the export team option. I overwrite the team. I then quit franchise.

I then load the final roster update. I release WR Johnnie Morton(KC), OT Jonas Jennings(BUF), DT Chris Cooper(SF) and FS Dwaine Carpenter(SF) in to free agency.

I then load my exported 49ers team. I start a franchise and once again switch the original 49ers team with the exported 49ers team using the customize league option.

Now in franchise, I sign Morton, Jennings, Cooper and Carpenter. I then release any players who shouldnt be on the 49ers. I then save the 49ers team using the export team option. I then quit franchise again.

I then wanted to move CB Mike Rumph to FS but I honestly hate substitutions and all that crap. Its just extra work and in the end, you're still short a player in the respective position and I personally just hate that.

This is what I did. Since Rumph is one of the many players who doesnt allow his face or skin tone to be edited, I loaded the opening roster using Finn's editor. I know this is just for Xbox but forget that. You're using his editor just to see what face type the player has. Rumph has "type 3" listed as his face.

After finding out Rumph's face type, I then loaded each roster I have and looked for a FS with no pic who also had those "high white" elbow pads. I found FS Madieu Williams(CIN) who had those "high white" elbow pads in the final roster update.

I then edited him to FS Mike Rumph. His rating overall is now 85 instead of a 78 CB. Make sure you edit him before doing what I posted below.

Once done, I then start a Bengals franchise. I simulate the season and once im in the off-season, I save the Bengals team using the export team option. I then quit franchise.

I then load the Bengals team and start a new franchise using the exported Bengals team by switching them with the original Bengals team using the customize league option in the franchise menu. Now in franchise, I simulate the season. Once im in the off-season, I save the Bengals team using the export team option. I overwrite the Bengals team that I just saved minutes ago. Looking at Rumph, you'll see that he's now a third year FS. Quit your franchise.

Back on the main menu now, go and load both the 49ers and Bengals exported team saves. Start a franchise and switch both the original 49ers and Bengals with the exported 49ers and Bengals using the customize league option. Now select both the 49ers and Bengals so that you can control both in franchise.

Once in franchise, release CB Mike Rumph from the 49ers. Then, switch to the Bengals and release edited FS Mike Rumph. Switch back to the 49ers. Go to free agents and sign edited FS Mike Rumph. Now, with Rumph listed as a FS on the 49ers, save the 49ers team using the export team option. Now, quit franchise.

Now, load your exported 49ers team and start a new franchise using the exported 49ers team in place of the original 49ers team by using the customize league option. Select the 49ers as your team and then simulate the season. Once in the off-season, save the 49ers team using the export team option. Every player should now have years pro as if 2k6 actually existed. Quit franchise.

Now, back on the main menu, load whatever roster you want to use for editing rookies(QB Alex Smith, RB Frank Gore, etc.) for the 49ers. You can use any rookie you want whether they are a free agent, on another team or even the 49ers themselves. Just make sure that they are rookies and have no pics unless of course you want a fake pic.

Once done editing all the rookies, make sure they are all free agents. Now, load the 49ers exported team. Start a franchise. Switch the original 49ers with the export 49ers using once again the customize league schedule. Then, select the 49ers and enter franchise. Go to free agents and sign all the rookies to the 49ers.

When done, go to the 49ers depth chart and set up everything the way you want(I go by overall ratings personally but to each his own). When done, once again, save the 49ers team using the export team option. Now, quit franchise.

Back on the main menu, load the roster you want to use. Then load the 49ers team. If you want to play franchise, just do what I have posted to do several times. If you just want to play a quick game to check out the 49ers exported team. Select quick game and select the 49ers exported team. You'll know its the exported team because their offensive, defensive and overall ratings will be listed as question marks (??). Select the team and whatnot and then just play.

NOTE: If you're going to play a franchise, you must fix all 32 teams. If you dont, you will have double and even triple players. In other words, you'll see two(or more) Johnnie Morton's(49ers/Chiefs), two Jonas Jennings's(49ers/Bills), etc. in your franchise.

What this does is basically allow you to set up every team and player on a team by team basis. The "team" save is not a roster file. Its simple a file of the team you saved in franchise.

Hope this doesnt sound confusing and helps those who may want to do this. 49ers baby!!! "

Last edited by Erratic; 09-10-2005 at 05:45 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2005, 05:20 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 15
Re: Team roster related trick in 2k5

I was just going to post my trick here but you beat me to it.
Old 09-10-2005, 05:43 PM   #3
Pro

Erratic's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733
I was just going to post my trick here but you beat me to it.
Hehe, I read it, and I thought the OS guys might find it helpful but yeah, i had nothing to do with it, it's all you. I wasn't sure if you were registered at OS either. As they say in some places. You the man! hehe
Old 09-10-2005, 06:17 PM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erratic
Hehe, I read it, and I thought the OS guys might find it helpful but yeah, i had nothing to do with it, it's all you. I wasn't sure if you were registered at OS either. As they say in some places. You the man! hehe
No problem here bud. Thanks for posting it for me. I posted it at Gamefaqs after the nfl2k5forever board but because of their stupid character limit, it took me a few extra minutes. Oh well, its all good.
Old 09-10-2005, 06:22 PM   #5
Banned

Oh yeah, I almost forgot.

This trick can be used for both ps2 and xbox but because xbox users can use Finn's editor, there's no reason to do so especially with Finn in the process of releasing a new updated editor. For ps2 users such as myself, my trick will come in handy. I only wish that I would have thought of this sooner.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2005, 02:16 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 13

Thanks I been found out this trick but I didn't bother posting it becuz its a whole lot of work. What I did was use a roster ans export the tam example Noplace with a lot of rookies and just load the exported team and finish creating the rest of the rookies and save and export the team again.

Err can u post ur 49ers roster file.

Gamertag XRob da Realist
Old 09-11-2005, 09:20 PM   #7
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

That sounds like way too much work for me. 2 bad for me I have no patients...lol

I'll have to wait for finn
Old 09-12-2005, 12:01 AM   #8
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by noplace
That sounds like way too much work for me. 2 bad for me I have no patients
Are you a doctor?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »