Home

PS2 Roster Update

This is a discussion on PS2 Roster Update within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2005, 11:27 PM   #1
Rookie

tpaterniti's Arena

OVR: 5
PS2 Roster Update

Here is the Roster Update for PS2. The files are contained in this zip folder (.max is not an allowed extension). Specific instructions related to playbooks and the like are in the file labeled "Final Roster Info". Further information about how I created the roster can be found in the file labeled "Speed Chart". The two playbooks go with the roster. There are no differences in the plays from the teams' actual playbooks; the subs for that team are on the playbook. This was done to clear up space for more created players and for other reasons which the Word files should explain. I hope you enjoy it. Check for further Updates and team-specific rosters on www.nfl2k5forever.com. in the Share Rosters forum.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 2K6 Final Roster (Sept. 10).zip (365.3 KB, 86 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2005, 11:47 PM   #2
MVP

dbeth's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: PS2 Roster Update

Looks good. I just loaded it and it's about as good as one can get with the ps2. Thanks much....I was looking into doing it, but it was too much of a daunting/time-consuming task for me.

Can't wait to get started!

Go Badgers!
Old 09-14-2005, 12:23 AM   #3
Rookie

tpaterniti's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbeth
Thanks much....I was looking into doing it, but it was too much of a daunting/time-consuming task for me.
Me too. It took 300+ hours (no exaggeration). If I had known how long it would take before I had done it I probably would have passed. A lot of people are enjoying it now, though, and that's rewarding.
Old 09-14-2005, 10:13 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

cant wait to play with your roster when my new max-drive arrives.

...with the playbooks and such, does it affect franchise at all? or is this mainly for exhibition games?
Old 09-14-2005, 01:02 PM   #5
Rookie

tpaterniti's Arena

You can use it in the Franchise. If you want to be the 49ers or Browns you just load their playbook and use it like any other custom playbook. In fact I always recommend using custom playbooks in the franchise mode, if only to save your subs. I believe that you can change the playbook of your opponent in the franchise mode as well, but I'll have to check on this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2005, 02:36 PM   #6
MVP

dbeth's Arena

I noticed at your other site that you were going to make "custom" team rosters. That is, make correct roster files for each team. Would this be in the playbook files, or an overall roster file? Just wondering.

Looking forward to getting home tonight and trying the rosters out. Looked good from what I saw last night...albeit very LATE.

Go Badgers!
Old 09-14-2005, 03:09 PM   #7
Rookie

tpaterniti's Arena

By deleting some fringe players I was able to make team-specific rosters. You use them exactly the same way as the other update; the only difference is that I have changed about 6 or 7 players. My thinking is that you will never notice the players I erased, but as a fan you will enjoy having the extra players on your team. I am making these in my spare time, and I am not in any big hurry so I will post them as I do them. You can request a team, but understand that it may not happen for a while if I get busy with other things. The next team I do will be the Patriots.
Old 09-14-2005, 03:15 PM   #8
MVP

dbeth's Arena

so are these playbook files or varied roster files?

I couldn't load multiple versions so I could have a super-correct Bears vs. Pats?

Go Badgers!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »