Home

XBOX GCORosters v3.0 "NFL 2K6 Edition"

This is a discussion on XBOX GCORosters v3.0 "NFL 2K6 Edition" within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2005, 11:00 PM   #41
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: XBOX GCORosters v3.0 "NFL 2K6 Edition"

The announcers still don't say their names...they still call rookie brown on Eagles by number...and all the HD Wynn #20....even with editor the cpu doesn't say their names...

I thought that was the point of the name editor..so it would.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2005, 11:02 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 3

Haha, I do get a ton of crap with my purple pride over here in WI. I live with it though, as it goes both ways too. We all dish it and take it pretty well over here. The only slam I hear constantly is the super bowls obviously, but its a "what have you done for me lately" league. And I just point to the playoff win in Lambeau last year... "He burned Al Harris!...Touchdown Randy Moss!" *moonshot*...haha, that made my season.

Anyway, to answer a few questions...
Still plugging away for an update sometime down the road. I'm not sure when the slider page will be back up though, the focus has been more on adjusting player edits and roster moves for the update.
And yea, I know Peerless is a bit overrated. That will be fixed in the update
Also looking at some dropped passes and INT issues...
Old 09-29-2005, 11:14 PM   #43
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows2
The announcers still don't say their names...they still call rookie brown on Eagles by number...and all the HD Wynn #20....even with editor the cpu doesn't say their names...

I thought that was the point of the name editor..so it would.
Use the editor and fix it to your liking then... I am sure there is a Brown in the PBP you could assign.
Old 10-05-2005, 04:52 PM   #44
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
Use the editor and fix it to your liking then... I am sure there is a Brown in the PBP you could assign.
I am using the "modified" file that Finn tweaked the names. I have not made any changes in the editor. Left everything as is. Started a franchise and got to week 3. I am controlling only the Browns. I played my greatest game ever against the Colts and won it in OT. Manning was killing me and had 4 TD's. I could not stop him at all. I however managed to hold them when they tried to run out the clock and came back to tie with a few secs in regulation. They won the toss but I was able to force them to punt after 1 first down. Then I mounted a game winning drive and victory was mine. My offensive stats were dead-on. An amazing offensive performance by real NFL standards....not overinflated video game numbers. And I felt like I really earned every yard as it was hard!

Here's where it goes south.

I exited the game and simmed the rest of the week and decided to watch the Sportscenter hilights. 3 games were fine but when Boomer said "here are some transactions of note" the game locked up! Argh! I know this may be coincidence but could this have to do with the rosters? I have never seen it do that before with all of the modded rosters from last year.

I love the rosters but just a little scared of losing some more of my franchise. Especially after I go replay week 3 again.

Peace!
Old 10-06-2005, 04:26 PM   #45
MVP

icicle22's Arena

Did I miss something? Why has this thread gone dead? Everyone was so hyped to get these rosters and now where did you all go? Playing games I suppose?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2005, 05:02 PM   #46
Rookie

I still check in on my normal routine, every couple days or so

I haven't had any problems with franchise locking up like you stated below. I even re-tested it today and checked many different weeks of Sportscenter highlights and got no lock ups. Sounds like it might be a rare thing if any. That sucks, especially after your nice victory over Indy!

Just goes to show that when using modified rosters and Finn's editor, you are always at risk for lock ups and erased data. One of the downfalls of all this, thats for sure. Back up saves as often as you can, make it a habit.

PS - An update to v3.0 will be on its way soon. The gameplay has gotten better with recent testing
Old 10-06-2005, 10:17 PM   #47
MVP

icicle22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickChew
I still check in on my normal routine, every couple days or so

I haven't had any problems with franchise locking up like you stated below. I even re-tested it today and checked many different weeks of Sportscenter highlights and got no lock ups. Sounds like it might be a rare thing if any. That sucks, especially after your nice victory over Indy!

Just goes to show that when using modified rosters and Finn's editor, you are always at risk for lock ups and erased data. One of the downfalls of all this, thats for sure. Back up saves as often as you can, make it a habit.

PS - An update to v3.0 will be on its way soon. The gameplay has gotten better with recent testing
Thanks. Can you elaborate a little on how the gameplay has gotten better? And also..could I just edit attributes in my current franchise to achieve the better gameplay you speak of without having to start all over?
Old 10-06-2005, 10:25 PM   #48
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by icicle22
Thanks. Can you elaborate a little on how the gameplay has gotten better? And also..could I just edit attributes in my current franchise to achieve the better gameplay you speak of without having to start all over?
I believe so, if you load your franchise save into the editor you should be able to make adjustments to players and have it transfer over to your xbox.

I don't have the final details on the changes quite yet though. Nothing major really, it probably won't even affect everyone's gameplay. But just a little more on the sim side for my style I guess.
It involves more tweaks with the QB AI passing, and human/AI DB play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »