Home

Question about latest editor...

This is a discussion on Question about latest editor... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2005, 10:04 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Question about latest editor...

How come in the editor it has missing player photos but when i load them in the game it would not show the photo :S. Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2005, 12:22 AM   #2
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Question about latest editor...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther84
How come in the editor it has missing player photos but when i load them in the game it would not show the photo :S. Thanks
Question doesn't make any sense... I added player photos for most of the league in the editor but I still have last names beginning with P,R,S,T,W to finish. NOTE: Just because the photo shows in the editor, it doesn't mean it will show in game. I still need to go back a remove the photos of players that don't show in game but I will do that once all the photos are added.
Old 10-15-2005, 01:31 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 15

Well, Finn just answered one question that I was just going to ask but here's another few.

1) Why is there an option for "practice squad" when it doesnt exist in the game itself? And how can it be used when it doesnt exist?

2) Did you add all the last names that are available for the "PBP" option? It looks like you did but I just want to make sure.

3) I noticed that you can put a player on IR but in-game, he doesnt appear on IR. Since I just thought of it, I didnt check in-game to see if that player returns in the off-season. Do you know if that player returns?

Thanks.
Old 10-15-2005, 08:36 AM   #4
MVP

slapnutz2k2's Arena

OVR: 10

edit

**Never mind I see it**

Last edited by slapnutz2k2; 10-15-2005 at 08:44 AM.
Old 10-15-2005, 12:43 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
Question doesn't make any sense... I added player photos for most of the league in the editor but I still have last names beginning with P,R,S,T,W to finish. NOTE: Just because the photo shows in the editor, it doesn't mean it will show in game. I still need to go back a remove the photos of players that don't show in game but I will do that once all the photos are added.
O ok sorry for the misunderstanding finn
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2005, 12:49 PM   #6
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733
Well, Finn just answered one question that I was just going to ask but here's another few.

1) Why is there an option for "practice squad" when it doesnt exist in the game itself? And how can it be used when it doesnt exist?

2) Did you add all the last names that are available for the "PBP" option? It looks like you did but I just want to make sure.

3) I noticed that you can put a player on IR but in-game, he doesnt appear on IR. Since I just thought of it, I didnt check in-game to see if that player returns in the off-season. Do you know if that player returns?

Thanks.
1: I am working on way to use this in the editor to add extra players to team. The game won't recognize the practice squad but they can be manipulated through the editor.

2: I think I added them all

3: When I placed a player on IR, he showed up in the IR list for me. The player was hurt in-game. Was the player the player you placed on IR healthy? Maybe that has something to due with it... I will investigate.
Old 10-15-2005, 02:10 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 21

Hey Finn,

Let me know if you think the next release of your editor will fix the issue I had with the historic team editing (see the 49er team file I sent you). If you are not addressing this, that's cool...I know historic teams take a back seat to the rgular stuff. If not adressing, I will just create new teams from editing in the game itself (ugh)...

Thanks!

Chris
Old 10-15-2005, 03:54 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
1: I am working on way to use this in the editor to add extra players to team. The game won't recognize the practice squad but they can be manipulated through the editor.

2: I think I added them all

3: When I placed a player on IR, he showed up in the IR list for me. The player was hurt in-game. Was the player the player you placed on IR healthy? Maybe that has something to due with it... I will investigate.
1) Damn, is there anything you cant do or come up with?

2) Great, thanks. This is one thing that I needed in your last editor, version .253.

3) The player I placed on IR was healthy. He wasnt injured. If IR can only be used if a player is hurt, whats the point of IR when its in the game itself?

I also have another question.

I edited QB Tim Couch and made him 49ers QB Alex Smith through your editor and then assigned him on to the 49ers in game. When I then transferred the file back to my laptop and then opened it on your editor, his name was blank. Just a white space. When I tried to edit him, it said that he could not be edited. Do you know what could have caused this?

Thanks Finn.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »