Home

Finn’s editor.

This is a discussion on Finn’s editor. within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-27-2005, 10:55 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: Finn’s editor.

Finn,

Ok...those 2 issues appeared fixed in 260.

I am sorry if I asked this before, but is it possible for historic teams only (which are individual files) to have a field for new team name? So, if I wanted to take the 81 49ers, edit them to the 1970 team, and save as 70 49ers. Would this be possible? It shouldn't be associated with any particular Xbox folder since it is a single file. Would there be any semi-easy way to accomplish this?

Not a huge issue, as the team can be changed to 1970 players, but just shows up as 1981 49ers team name in the game itself...

Chris
Old 10-27-2005, 01:00 PM   #18
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
Finn,

Ok...those 2 issues appeared fixed in 260.

I am sorry if I asked this before, but is it possible for historic teams only (which are individual files) to have a field for new team name? So, if I wanted to take the 81 49ers, edit them to the 1970 team, and save as 70 49ers. Would this be possible? It shouldn't be associated with any particular Xbox folder since it is a single file. Would there be any semi-easy way to accomplish this?

Not a huge issue, as the team can be changed to 1970 players, but just shows up as 1981 49ers team name in the game itself...

Chris
Try this file, I changed the 88 Bengals year to 54. Let me know what happens in game.

Finn
Attached Files
File Type: zip ESPNNFL2K5_Bengals88.zip (14.4 KB, 5 views)
Old 10-27-2005, 01:22 PM   #19
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
Try this file, I changed the 88 Bengals year to 54. Let me know what happens in game.

Finn
Looks good...works in game. Team shows up as 54 Bengals in the game. I actually changed the name of the zip file to 54 as well, but that still showed as 88 Bengals when I loaded it to the drive. That's ok though...I can always change the name and save a s anew team in the game.

Thanks Finn! I think you nailed it. I will change a full team once you release the next version with this functioanlity and let you know how it goes...

C
Old 10-27-2005, 01:25 PM   #20
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
Looks good...works in game. Team shows up as 54 Bengals in the game. I actually changed the name of the zip file to 54 as well, but that still showed as 88 Bengals when I loaded it to the drive. That's ok though...I can always change the name and save a s anew team in the game.

Thanks Finn! I think you nailed it. I will change a full team once you release the next version with this functioanlity and let you know how it goes...

C
261 is up with it.. Right click on the classic team name to change the year. I can't change the save name so you will have to save as the correct name in-game.
Old 10-27-2005, 01:57 PM   #21
Banned

Quote:
261 is up with it.. Right click on the classic team name to change the year. I can't change the save name so you will have to save as the correct name in-game.
Thanks Finn! This opens up a million new teams for historic junkies! Appreciate the effort...

C
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2005, 02:00 PM   #22
Banned

Dare I even ask?? .....

Is it possible from a db point of view, to have a regular roster file loaded, and then have an import function that would read a historic team file and overwrite the current team active in the editor? We would import a historic file for each team in the regular roster (78 Steelers to overwrite current Steelers, 71 Cowboys to overwrite current Cowboys, etc...).

This would allow us to import a historic file for each franchise and play a season mode with these oldtime teams. As you know, rigt now all we can do is play exhibition.

Let me know your thoughts on this one...and yes, this is for sure worth a Paypal donation!!

C
Old 10-27-2005, 07:43 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
I believe in .70 you can only pick from existing names when changing names.
Actually, I can edit the names themselves by typing them in. I have done like 15 players (first & last names) and thus far, the file has saved and loaded fine. I even played a few exhibition games last night and I didnt have any problems.
Old 10-28-2005, 07:35 AM   #24
Banned

Finn,

Can you look at this file for me? There is a player in here with no last name and he cannot be edited. The file saves ok but the game freezes when you try to use this team. Let me know if fixable.

Thanks!

Chris
Attached Files
File Type: zip ESPNNFL2K5_49ers70bad.zip (13.4 KB, 1 views)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »