Home

Finnís editor.

This is a discussion on Finnís editor. within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 11-01-2005, 08:44 PM   #49
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Finnís editor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
I just read the last file I saved back into the editor. Somehow it got corrupted right after I edited the TE's and WRs. The names still show upok for all positions previous to that....I'll keep digging.
I have finally figured it out (at least one problem). As long as you closed the file after saving before re-editing you would never see the problem.

In my testing, I would change names, save the file and close the app to check the file outside of the editor. I would then reload into the editor and it would be correct. However, if I saved the file and then re-edited it without closing it first, the names would get all messed up. This is why the first batch of names always worked for you... However, after the first save if you didn't close, you'd be screwed.

I should have a new setup uploaded within the half hour.

Cheers,
Finn

Last edited by FlyingFinn; 11-01-2005 at 08:50 PM.
Old 11-01-2005, 09:09 PM   #50
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
I have finally figured it out (at least one problem). As long as you closed the file after saving before re-editing you would never see the problem.

In my testing, I would change names, save the file and close the app to check the file outside of the editor. I would then reload into the editor and it would be correct. However, if I saved the file and then re-edited it without closing it first, the names would get all messed up. This is why the first batch of names always worked for you... However, after the first save if you didn't close, you'd be screwed.

I should have a new setup uploaded within the half hour.

Cheers,
Finn
Ahh..ok..that makes perfect sense now that I think back to how I used the editor for the past 2 days. Thnaks for keeping at it! I'll take a look at the stuff in the morning probably...wife has computer tied up right now!

Chris
Old 11-01-2005, 09:13 PM   #51
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Ahh..ok..that makes perfect sense now that I think back to how I used the editor for the past 2 days. Thnaks for keeping at it! I'll take a look at the stuff in the morning probably...wife has computer tied up right now!

Chris
No worries... I was able to finally get the names to screw up so I was able to fix it... Hopefully, that is the last hurdle to fully functional renaming. I will keep playing with it tonight just to be sure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2005, 07:33 AM   #52
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
No worries... I was able to finally get the names to screw up so I was able to fix it... Hopefully, that is the last hurdle to fully functional renaming. I will keep playing with it tonight just to be sure.
Finn,

Problem...I edit the 99 Rams to be the 67 Rams. Changed year in the file as well. Did ebeything in one shot...then saved. Read back in and looks fine. Freezes in game. Can you take a look? Using versiion 265.

Thanks!

Chris
Attached Files
File Type: zip ESPNNFL2K5_Rams67.zip (14.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-06-2005, 08:33 AM   #53
MVP

Quote:
Finn,

Problem...I edit the 99 Rams to be the 67 Rams. Changed year in the file as well. Did ebeything in one shot...then saved. Read back in and looks fine. Freezes in game. Can you take a look? Using versiion 265.

Thanks!

Chris
Finn,

Update: Weird...the team actually works if you select it to play in a game. However, if you go to edit the players in the game editor (not yours), it freezes...take a look at this file...

Chris
Attached Files
File Type: zip ESPNNFL2K5_Rams67.zip (14.9 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by capa; 11-06-2005 at 01:47 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »