Home

Rickster101 Roster update

This is a discussion on Rickster101 Roster update within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-02-2006, 11:01 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: Rickster101 Roster update

Looks pretty good ricky - 2 things I noticed - Tim Rattay is still with the 49ers, and Michael Clayton plays for the Buccaneers - Mark Clayton is the rookie from Oklahoma playing for the Ravens

Thanks for all your time and effort
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2006, 11:15 PM   #26
Rookie

mistake
Old 01-03-2006, 12:59 AM   #27
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZ Buccaneer
mistake

You're right those are some updates for sure that should be included and most likely will be but whoes gonna get the axe as far as the Bucs QBs go?

Currently they're carrying three and we know Grieses injuried but what if some guys want to play with him as the starter or whatever and not in FA?

Well you can move Rattay over to the Bucs and carry four (4) Qbs an easy move for sure and I'll probably post the update sometime later along with a name change for Mark Clayton another quick and easy fix...most guys reading this you should follow suite and I'll post the file but its nothing difficult and doesn't require the use of editing other the just typing in "Mark" inplace of "Michael" done deal.

Thanks for the heads up bro like I said most guys know their teams personel better then I do in most cases and you've just proven that...good lookin' out on that one.

Well it didn't take long after all so here it is with the changes above in the post so the Bucs should be good to go!

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101
Attached Files
File Type: zip ESPNNFL2K5_Rkstr101v2.zip (276.5 KB, 15 views)
Old 01-03-2006, 04:09 AM   #28
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickster101
You're right those are some updates for sure that should be included and most likely will be but whoes gonna get the axe as far as the Bucs QBs go?

Currently they're carrying three and we know Grieses injuried but what if some guys want to play with him as the starter or whatever and not in FA?

Well you can move Rattay over to the Bucs and carry four (4) Qbs an easy move for sure and I'll probably post the update sometime later along with a name change for Mark Clayton another quick and easy fix...most guys reading this you should follow suite and I'll post the file but its nothing difficult and doesn't require the use of editing other the just typing in "Mark" inplace of "Michael" done deal.

Thanks for the heads up bro like I said most guys know their teams personel better then I do in most cases and you've just proven that...good lookin' out on that one.

Well it didn't take long after all so here it is with the changes above in the post so the Bucs should be good to go!

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101
sweet man - I fixed it up myself too - I had a look at some other things and noticed Barrett Ruud has Rudd as his last name (backup ILB for the Bucs). I read your other thread and decided to make Samkon Gado have his correct last name (I changed it to AAlex I think then renamed it) instead of Gerado.

I'm away on holiday tomorrow for a few weeks so I'll try and have a better look at your roster then and note any mistakes.

I can only imagine how much time you've put into this already man - thanks
Old 01-03-2006, 01:48 PM   #29
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZ Buccaneer
sweet man - I fixed it up myself too - I had a look at some other things and noticed Barrett Ruud has Rudd as his last name (backup ILB for the Bucs). I read your other thread and decided to make Samkon Gado have his correct last name (I changed it to AAlex I think then renamed it) instead of Gerado.

I'm away on holiday tomorrow for a few weeks so I'll try and have a better look at your roster then and note any mistakes.

I can only imagine how much time you've put into this already man - thanks

No problem name them as you see fit the reason why Samkon Gado is named the way he is inpart is due to him not being in or on the naming list found in the editor and it wouldn't be called by the game,it isn't in the PBP list either so you won't here it called because it doesn't exsit.

In all what I did was improvise and it works for my intended purposes to have a viable name in the game that does exsit, not freeze up the file and remain consistant with the editors programming thus keeping the file from corrupting due to addtional names that possibly could cause problems and issues filling up slots and taking up space for the "UNKS" which yet have to be determined.

To me as a person who does believe in the use of the editor and its limits it'd be better to use the tool as it was intended and not create problems thus improvise or use simular names but if what you're doing works for you then so be it.

I'm glad you've found your niche and can only wish you success in whatever course you choose to take in completeing and updating your roster.

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101

Last edited by Rickster101; 01-03-2006 at 01:52 PM.
Old 01-03-2006, 03:21 PM   #30
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

I've started some major revisions as I've done in the past with 2K5 rosters to help make the QB's more realistic stat wise. The tweaks are going to be based on all kinds of stuff I read on these forums as well as via adriano at the old 2kx. There will be other face lifts, but QB's and DB's will predominantly get the work. I'm going to then apply the weekly team sliders via the other thread (dan) and give it the season tester. I should have this done by tonight and can post my findings soon. The main holdup is making the individualized tweaks to the premiere and top level QB's that deserve it, especially most who are playoff bound. Thanks for your update Rickster and those who found the needed tweaks.
Old 01-03-2006, 04:57 PM   #31
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
I've started some major revisions as I've done in the past with 2K5 rosters to help make the QB's more realistic stat wise. The tweaks are going to be based on all kinds of stuff I read on these forums as well as via adriano at the old 2kx. There will be other face lifts, but QB's and DB's will predominantly get the work. I'm going to then apply the weekly team sliders via the other thread (dan) and give it the season tester. I should have this done by tonight and can post my findings soon. The main holdup is making the individualized tweaks to the premiere and top level QB's that deserve it, especially most who are playoff bound. Thanks for your update Rickster and those who found the needed tweaks.

You might have something there daflyboy I myself have made such edits but won't post them in this thread due to the fact most guys prefer to actually do their own edits from a base set of rosters as I'm providing in this thread.

In a word they're actually my own edits as viewed by me and some may not agree with them so I more then likely will be posting them in another thread possibly and if needed as an "Edited" version which will give most members an option to go with that version and keep these in this thread as rosters that they can edit as they deem fit and necessary for their personel and individual style of play.

I'd be interested in seeing what edits you've come up with and look forward to seeing them upon their completion. Thanks for the heads up on your impending rosters which I'm sure others will find as an alternative to what work I've already done here with these as they are at this time with basic updates and now with your input and pending rosters it appears the 2K football may still have a place here at "OS...Da Spot",I'm sure they'll be welcomed and well recieved by those still interested indeed!!!

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2006, 11:27 PM   #32
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Okay...not the tightest experiment, but on 10 min. qtrs., Manning passed against the Eagles in the firs half for 277 (18/24), 3 TD's and 0 INT's. James as 50 yards on 9 attempts and 1 TD. McNabb has 8/16 and 125 with 1 and 1. Westbrook (who was in the FA pool?) has 30 yds on 8 carries. McNabb has 2 runs for 16 yards. Manning actually tried to run once!

I'm not sure if I like EQ on or off. The flag pattern, esp. to right still seems too easy to pull off with EQ off. Oh ya, I'm losing 31-7! I think I'm on the right track again. Sliders still need to be looked at. Dan's weekly sliders don't necessarily work entirely well for the human side, esp. passing. For example, they suggest 15 for Eagles' passing, but I think that's too high. For now, I'm going to keep passing/running on 3 ea. .... makes it challenging and you have to make good decisions. MTC.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »