Home

Final cuts / opening kickoff 2005 roster

This is a discussion on Final cuts / opening kickoff 2005 roster within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-04-2006, 04:41 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 15
Final cuts / opening kickoff 2005 roster

Hey everyone, this is my very first roster update ever. It's based on the NFL's final cuts / opening kickoff 2005 rosters. And yes, I know this is four months late but oh well.

VC's final roster update was used as the base roster. Features -

- All players were advanced one year pro (except rookies, of course).
- Auto body type was used with my setup (0-199 = skinny, 200-269 = normal, 270 - 319 = large and 320 - 450 = extra large).
- All rookies and players who werent in 2k5 (or 2k4) were copied from other people's rosters. I honestly have never created a player in my life. The closest that i ever came was when I copied WR Niners and re-named him JJ Stokes in Tecmo Super Bowl 3. I hope this doesnt piss off anyone. If so, im sorry.
- All 32 teams have 54 players
- 220 free agents available
- All re-naming done with Finn's editor, version .272.
- Players like Rod Woodson, Tim Couch and so many others who arent in the NFL are gone. They no longer exist.
- Player ratings have been increased or decreased.
- Player ratings are based on the 2004 season.
- Only Steelers RB Willie Parker is the exception.
- Player positions have been updated as of final cuts / opening kickoff.
- Depth Charts are in order of player ratings.
- Kick and Punt returners are also set.
- Jersey numbers are as of final cuts / opening kickoff.
- No global edits.
- No large attribute edits.
- Every player's height and weight (except free agents) is based on the football book I have - ATS Consultants' 2005 Ultimate Pro Football Annual.
- I went through all 1,948 players in Finn's editor and made sure that "dreads" were accurate.
- I also went through the play by play name for all 1,948 players in Finn's editor. If the last name was available, it will be said during gameplay.
- Two players have full names - Lions WR Mike Williams and Cowboys DE Marcus Spears.
- I adjusted every player who had that crappy looking shoe with the flaps on them to the team's colors shoe type.
- All rookie players are rated from 60-82. Some may have been adjusted in order to get the offensive, defensive and overall rating where I wanted it.
- No renaming whatsoever was done in-game.
- No created player slots were used either.
- Some players such as 49ers Andre Carter may still be in their original position due to the defensive setup of the team. Since the 49ers use a 4-3, I left Carter as a DE.
- When I finished with ratings adjustments, I noticed that there's an easily seeable pattern which im honestly not that happy with but honestly, im too lazy to start over. Sorry.

I welcome any and all comments and suggestions that you may have, positive and negative. Feedback is wanted.

Thanks and credit for rookies and other players that I added go out to anyone and everyone who created a roster update since the summer.

Also, a huge thanks goes out to Finn for creating such a damn good editor. You truly are a GOD.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ESPNNFL2K5_2k6.zip (248.9 KB, 106 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2006, 12:25 PM   #2
MVP

erickonasis's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Final cuts / opening kickoff 2005 roster

dont know whether to use this since u made the eagles so damm good lol
Old 01-17-2006, 01:14 PM   #3
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733
Hey everyone, this is my very first roster update ever. It's based on the NFL's final cuts / opening kickoff 2005 rosters. And yes, I know this is four months late but oh well.

VC's final roster update was used as the base roster. Features -

- All players were advanced one year pro (except rookies, of course).
- Auto body type was used with my setup (0-199 = skinny, 200-269 = normal, 270 - 319 = large and 320 - 450 = extra large).
- All rookies and players who werent in 2k5 (or 2k4) were copied from other people's rosters. I honestly have never created a player in my life. The closest that i ever came was when I copied WR Niners and re-named him JJ Stokes in Tecmo Super Bowl 3. I hope this doesnt piss off anyone. If so, im sorry.
- All 32 teams have 54 players
- 220 free agents available
- All re-naming done with Finn's editor, version .272.
- Players like Rod Woodson, Tim Couch and so many others who arent in the NFL are gone. They no longer exist.
- Player ratings have been increased or decreased.
- Player ratings are based on the 2004 season.
- Only Steelers RB Willie Parker is the exception.
- Player positions have been updated as of final cuts / opening kickoff.
- Depth Charts are in order of player ratings.
- Kick and Punt returners are also set.
- Jersey numbers are as of final cuts / opening kickoff.
- No global edits.
- No large attribute edits.
- Every player's height and weight (except free agents) is based on the football book I have - ATS Consultants' 2005 Ultimate Pro Football Annual.
- I went through all 1,948 players in Finn's editor and made sure that "dreads" were accurate.
- I also went through the play by play name for all 1,948 players in Finn's editor. If the last name was available, it will be said during gameplay.
- Two players have full names - Lions WR Mike Williams and Cowboys DE Marcus Spears.
- I adjusted every player who had that crappy looking shoe with the flaps on them to the team's colors shoe type.
- All rookie players are rated from 60-82. Some may have been adjusted in order to get the offensive, defensive and overall rating where I wanted it.
- No renaming whatsoever was done in-game.
- No created player slots were used either.
- Some players such as 49ers Andre Carter may still be in their original position due to the defensive setup of the team. Since the 49ers use a 4-3, I left Carter as a DE.
- When I finished with ratings adjustments, I noticed that there's an easily seeable pattern which im honestly not that happy with but honestly, im too lazy to start over. Sorry.

I welcome any and all comments and suggestions that you may have, positive and negative. Feedback is wanted.

Thanks and credit for rookies and other players that I added go out to anyone and everyone who created a roster update since the summer.

Also, a huge thanks goes out to Finn for creating such a damn good editor. You truly are a GOD.
You did a pretty good job on these. This is a nice base for people who dont like edits.

Note: The teams that wear black shoes are not corrected though. I'd use shoe 4 for those teams. other than that you are pretty on point with the personel before injuries.
Old 01-17-2006, 01:37 PM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by noplace
You did a pretty good job on these. This is a nice base for people who dont like edits.

Note: The teams that wear black shoes are not corrected though. I'd use shoe 4 for those teams. other than that you are pretty on point with the personel before injuries.
Thanks. As for the teams that wear black shoes, im assuming that those teams are the Bears, Buccaneers and Steelers.

They had players who had the shoes with those flaps on them with the team's colors. I hated that. It bugged me to no end. I remember seeing Dolphins RB Ronnie Brown with shoes that had that flap on them and it bugged me, so I went through every player that had them and changed it to type 3. For the three above teams, types 3, 4 and 5 are the same as types 4, 5 and 6 for the other 29 teams.

I apologize for them being incorrect but I honestly hate seeing players who wear those shoe types. Its just something that bugs me.

Thanks again for replying.
Old 01-17-2006, 01:53 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by erickonasis
dont know whether to use this since u made the eagles so damm good lol
Eagles should be good considering that they were the NFC champions last year. Let's face it, the 2004 Eagles were the best team in the NFC. I have their offense at 85, defense at 95 and overall is at 92. I think that's fair. The main edit that I did defensively was LB Trotter. He was 87 in the default roster and then lowered to 86 in opening and 85 in final. I didnt agree with that at all. After the Eagles were crushed by the Steelers in 2004, Trotter became the starting MLB and dramatically improved the Eagles run defense. He also had a good year overall considering the fact that he only started 9 games. Offensively, I didnt really make any major adjustments.

NOTE - Please remember that my roster is based on teams 2005 final cuts / opening kickoff rosters and that ratings are based on 2004 excluding RB Willie Parker of the Steelers. I also might have increased or decreased player ratings if they were or werent a starter. I hate it when starters are rated lower then the backups. It bugs me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2006, 02:06 PM   #6
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733
Thanks. As for the teams that wear black shoes, im assuming that those teams are the Bears, Buccaneers and Steelers.

They had players who had the shoes with those flaps on them with the team's colors. I hated that. It bugged me to no end. I remember seeing Dolphins RB Ronnie Brown with shoes that had that flap on them and it bugged me, so I went through every player that had them and changed it to type 3. For the three above teams, types 3, 4 and 5 are the same as types 4, 5 and 6 for the other 29 teams.

I apologize for them being incorrect but I honestly hate seeing players who wear those shoe types. Its just something that bugs me.

Thanks again for replying.
Teams are the Bears, Bucs, Seattle, Carolina, Saints, Giants, Bengals, Colts, Falcons, Eagles, Jaguars, Jets, & Lions. Steelers wear white shoes BTW. I'd use type 1 for them. type 3 are white & team color & type 4 are black Those dont look bad at all to me. Check my roster file ! its below
Old 01-18-2006, 12:49 AM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by noplace
Teams are the Bears, Bucs, Seattle, Carolina, Saints, Giants, Bengals, Colts, Falcons, Eagles, Jaguars, Jets, & Lions. Steelers wear white shoes BTW. I'd use type 1 for them. type 3 are white & team color & type 4 are black Those dont look bad at all to me. Check my roster file ! its below
I just checked all those teams. The Bears, Bucs, Colts, Jags and Steelers are the only teams who dont have "team colors" for shoe type. Every team's colors are type 3 but for whatever reason, it doesnt apply to those teams. All the other teams that you listed should have type 3 listed as their shoes. Type 1 is white shoes and they are good for the Steelers and im going to use them for those other teams that dont have their "team colors" shoe type available. Thanks. As for type 4, that type has that flap on it. You can tell because there are no shoelaces.
Old 02-07-2006, 12:41 AM   #8
Banned

UPDATE -

Just to let everyone who has downloaded my roster, there's a problem regarding the Draft Class that appears in Finn's editor.

The Draft Class doesnt appear in Finn's editor and after the Draft, all Drafted players first and last names will be blank when opened in Finn's editor.

I apologize for any problems this may occur. I have emailed Finn the roster file and am waiting to see if he can fix it. Sorry.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »