Home

Daflyboys NFL 2K5 roster update/tweak ver 1.0

This is a discussion on Daflyboys NFL 2K5 roster update/tweak ver 1.0 within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-09-2006, 01:49 PM   #17
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Daflyboys NFL 2K5 roster update/tweak ver 1.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bascape666
I understand your thoughts,anyway can you please tell me how have you set pursuit and tackle for CPU teams?
Start at 5 for each and play a couple of games. I'm not sure what team you use, but if, in season mode, you're not getting ANY large gains on pass or run, that's probably not too realistic, so adjust from there a little at at time. In fact, one thing you can do is play a season game against a team that you know you could score an average amount of points against, say, like around 20, and see how it works out......then, if you don't like the results, you can always choose to NOT save the season to that point and replay the game later with a little tweak either direction. It may take a few games like that, but for better gameplay in the long run.
Old 01-09-2006, 04:52 PM   #18
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Hey daflyboy I thought I'd pass this file onto you so you can see what its actually doing as far as simming it in the Franchise mode so you can see for yourself and make whatever adjustments needed as far as the personel on the rosters as mentioned that can be fixed but its not that simple to just plug in players because that also can have an effect on your rosters and their outcome can be viewed as being askewed or somwhat off.

Heres the file and its only a test file with info you can look over and get a feel for what edits you need to work on I hope it helps you out.

Right now I'm still getting rosters correct and personel assigned for the proper rosters to function in Franchise mode they're still a work in progress but the focus of this file is for you to see the actual numbers they generate and for you to make the necsessary corrections.

No games were played or sliders adjusted simply simulated for statistical data via the Season Simulate to see where they're actually coming out as,I thought it be best to view these for yourself and you decide what to do next and hopefully it'll be of some use to you.

This file is strickly for test and observation purposes only to aide you in the edits nothing more or nothing less.

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101
Attached Files
File Type: zip ESPNNFL2K5_FranSimTst.zip (332.9 KB, 3 views)
Old 01-09-2006, 07:45 PM   #19
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

Thanks Rickster....the problem is I don't have individual tweaks written down, only global ones. It's a lot easier to tweak and then move players as needed, so looking this over as well as keeping up the one I'm doing, would be double the work. Since I liked my last experiment last night, I'm going to move on from there. There's not too much more room to move with the QB's, so if they're still not getting their realistic numbers over the long run, the only other things to do are affect the DB's and LB's as well as bump up the WR's. I'll keep plugging away at it.
Old 01-09-2006, 08:27 PM   #20
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
Thanks Rickster....the problem is I don't have individual tweaks written down, only global ones. It's a lot easier to tweak and then move players as needed, so looking this over as well as keeping up the one I'm doing, would be double the work. Since I liked my last experiment last night, I'm going to move on from there. There's not too much more room to move with the QB's, so if they're still not getting their realistic numbers over the long run, the only other things to do are affect the DB's and LB's as well as bump up the WR's. I'll keep plugging away at it.

No these aren't about individual tweaks what I'm trying to get you to see here is that all of the tweaks or edits you've been using are good but overly effective via the edits...for example there are no recievers getting the ball in the form of receptions they're mostly RBs recieving receptions due to the edits the majority of them are RBs and the recievers are seen in the form of yardage.

The QB percentages are also rather high up as 85% completion for top and so-so QBs something eles attributed to your edits,I don't want to get into all the specifics but if you look you'll se that the edits used are very effective abit overly effective actually and this was only a quick test run through to see the numbers the edits used are generating thats all and I'm sure you'll make whatever adjustments needed to bring them down to more realistic stats when simming the Franchise but you should see what everyone eles who has DL the edits is seeing and playing with.

The edits used were global and have effected every player subjected to them and this is the result of those edits,a good way to see the players as in their original states would be to perhaps view them in the v3 or v4 roster file before the edits were applied I'm sure you'll see the difference and how effecient the edits are you've come up with are.

The edits for the most part are doing exactly what you've set out to do they're just doing it abit too well and therefore the results are coming out as very effcient statistical data computated by the games sim engine using the data you've applied in the form of edits.

I've just finished up a v4 roster with no edits and the numbers are simming correctly but when used with your edits the numbers jump up to what I mentioned above which can be seen in the Test file, it doesn't appear that they're wrong just overly effcient and effective.

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101

Last edited by Rickster101; 01-09-2006 at 08:29 PM.
Old 01-09-2006, 08:49 PM   #21
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

Oh, I misread what you had originally......distracted here. I see what you're saying. The thing is this. You have a choice. Either more realistic gameplay and exaggerated simmed stats or vice versa. The only thing I can think for you to do is once you're ready to sim a bunch of games, adjust the sliders by dumbing down what you see being exaggerated (I assume you're using about 5 or 6 mins. for simmed games). I would put the heightened stats you're season and zero them out to see the effect. If now too low, then at least you have room to maneuver. If still too high, then my initial statement here stands.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2006, 09:00 PM   #22
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

Quote:
Oh, I misread what you had originally......distracted here. I see what you're saying. The thing is this. You have a choice. Either more realistic gameplay and exaggerated simmed stats or vice versa. The only thing I can think for you to do is once you're ready to sim a bunch of games, adjust the sliders by dumbing down what you see being exaggerated (I assume you're using about 5 or 6 mins. for simmed games). I would put the heightened stats you're season and zero them out to see the effect. If now too low, then at least you have room to maneuver. If still too high, then my initial statement here stands.

The sliders have no effect on the sim engine all you can only account for is the length and I left it on the default 5 min.

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101
Old 01-09-2006, 09:22 PM   #23
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickster101
The sliders have no effect on the sim engine all you can only account for is the length and I left it on the default 5 min.Rickster101
Then it's one or the other bro. Had the same issue in NHL 2K3. Upping defensemen's frequency of shooting in a real game, elevated their stats for simmed season games. Not much you can do.
Old 01-09-2006, 09:37 PM   #24
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

Quote:
Then it's one or the other bro. Had the same issue in NHL 2K3. Upping defensemen's frequency of shooting in a real game, elevated their stats for simmed season games. Not much you can do.

Crazy the way that works but thats what happens when I sim a season with em' so it appears that it is what it is and I'll leave it alone just thought you should know whats going on with em' bro,hopefully you'll get things worked out I'm looking forward to your next release in the meantime and will continue to keep the rosters somewhat current and updated.

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »