Home

Daflyboys NFL 2K5 roster update/tweak ver 1.0

This is a discussion on Daflyboys NFL 2K5 roster update/tweak ver 1.0 within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-09-2006, 10:42 PM   #25
MVP

Flyermania's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Daflyboys NFL 2K5 roster update/tweak ver 1.0

DFB,

Did a couple of simmed season as tests with your rosters, and as Rickster said the simmed stats are out of whack.

This does not detract from the great job you have done with the edits though...the in-game results are much improved. But like you said, it becomes a question of what each individual wants ---- normal season simmed stats, or more realistic gameplay.

Am I selfish for wanting both?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2006, 11:00 PM   #26
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyermania
simmed stats, or more realistic gameplay.

Am I selfish for wanting both?
Why nn-----, YES you are! lol

Hey anybody know the answer to my above question about Finn's editor? Is the limit lid finally off as far as name and attribute changes??
Old 01-09-2006, 11:31 PM   #27
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
Why nn-----, YES you are! lol

Hey anybody know the answer to my above question about Finn's editor? Is the limit lid finally off as far as name and attribute changes??

I'm not sure of the limits as of yet due to all those UNKs that are in the editor itself along with UNKs for certain player/line positions,we really don't know what they are but the editor sure is full of em'...an indicator to just how far it could possibly go would be the messages you see pop up when you attempt to name or re-name players and you're told what the sitution is with that particular name and what could happen should you continue to proceed onward sometimes its a warning telling you that the name may be associated with other files sharing the same name which results in all players associated with it being changed think of it a warning that you'd be better off finding another or simular name to impliment or risk some very undisirable results such as duplicated players with the same name and file corruption and instability throughtout the whole file thats why I always back-up or save all original files incase retrevial is unsuccessful.

The last item I noticed Finn saying was all appears to be solved and no other issues had been reported or observed other then the use of Historical files and their data in those regards.

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101
Old 01-09-2006, 11:40 PM   #28
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

On another note Flyermania and anyone eles interested to avoid the figures coming out as askewed as they do would be to sim those games using the "Game Cast" feature and you'd actually see the game and its results in a more conventional manner closer to what you'd see if you'd played such a game and theres also a feature that lets you join in the game at any point during the "Game Cast" and also make coaching and stategy adjustments.

It would function better then letting that sim engine run rampant and generate those odd looking results it puts out...just an option and a very viable one thats closer to having played such a game.

Game Cast works off of sliders implimented in the game and should provide more realistic results and it works so there are actually two ways to sim games and IMO the Game Cast handles it better!!!

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101

Last edited by Rickster101; 01-09-2006 at 11:44 PM.
Old 01-10-2006, 12:14 AM   #29
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickster101
Game Cast works off of sliders implimented in the game and should provide more realistic results and it works so there are actually two ways to sim games and IMO the Game Cast handles it better!!!Rickster101
Ahh...didn't think of that....good catch!
Old 01-10-2006, 03:27 AM   #30
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

Re: Daflyboys NFL 2K5 roster update/tweak ver 3.0

First in-season experiment ~~~ I like what I see so far!

Game 1 took KC into Denver. Plummer went 20/34 and around 60% passing after passing only 50% in the 1st half. He finished with 271, 2 TD's (Lelie, Watts) and 2 INT's, but need to qualify what happened. After Denver pulled ahead late (Anderson ran all over me), KC comes back and drive to tie it at 34's with a FG. After the kickoff, Denver coaching staff makes some very dumb play calling formations, including spread out 3 wide right with only :10 to go and about 80 yards. The dumb part is that all of the patterns were short ins. When Plummer threw to one of these 3 receivers, he literally stood there and kept his hands frozen....ugh! Wesley jumps up and INT's with a few seconds left. I could've easily kicked a FG and won it, but decided to take it into OT and see what happens.

Denver won the toss and drove to within striking distance for Elam who nailed a 43 yarder to win it. Up until that last pass by Plummer, which clearly appeared to be a programming (receiving) glitch vs. anything QB related. Plummer could've easily had a 3rd TD strike as well as his shook off a would be sack by Allen and had Smith near the goal line on about a 25 yard strike...and Smith just outright dropped it! Plummer also ran 4x for 30 yards, including a beauty for 23! Like I said Anderson ran all over me going 29 for 187 and 1 TD. Smith was the big receiver having 8/122.

On the KC side of the ball, Green was awesome including dealing with an injury. He went 18 for 29 for 364 and 4 TDs. The long ball was there, as Dan's sliders are set very low for the Denver coverage. Besides going to Kennison for 7/152 and a TD, he went to Gonzo twice and Dunn once. Parker also had a ton of yards, burning the lesser Denver DB. LJ only had 58 yds on 17 carries (I threw more than usual). However, I had tackle and pursuit up to 8 each instead of 6 and I think I would've gotten some more with him. He only busted one medium run to the right. Green's injury proved big as his backup threw a deep red zone INT ot Ian Gold who took it about 90 yards!! I think other than making the individual team slider's work, this roster pack is set!

BTW....Rickster.... GameCast doesn't seem to make passing realistic. I guess the tweaks killed the simulation of that aspect.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ESPNNFL2K5_Jan06ver3.zip (253.9 KB, 33 views)

Last edited by daflyboys; 01-10-2006 at 03:31 AM.
Old 01-10-2006, 08:01 AM   #31
MVP

OVR: 9

Dear Daflyboys,
I'll test your AR file version 3,but I don't know what set of sliders use along with roster file.
I have tried the week 14 specific team sliders but as I told you before it seems it doesn't work well,anyway I have a set of slider I'm using so I will test your roster file both with specific team sliders and also with my set of sliders and see what happens.
As Daflyboys has told that this roster file is really near to perfection I think now we have to work on the slider settings that fit the roster in the better way.
Please post here your reflections and also your set of sliders if they really works well.
I know sliders are not equal for everybody,it depends on your skill level,but in my previous test when I used Daflyboys roster file and team specific sliders my RB really get too much yards on every carry,no matter which team I use and which team CPU use.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2006, 03:27 PM   #32
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bascape666
I know sliders are not equal for everybody,it depends on your skill level,but in my previous test when I used Daflyboys roster file and team specific sliders my RB really get too much yards on every carry,no matter which team I use and which team CPU use.
Well, like I said..... turn up cpu pursuit and tackle. Like for me in the trial KC/Den game, 8 for each was a bit too high, but again, I don't shoulder charge with the RB. Setting back down to 6 seemed realistic. Also, I'm thinking of maxing the pass/run/catch sliders for the cpu regardless of the team. Additionally, I don't think 100% of Dan's sliders for kickers is realistic. I think 2/3rds might be. When you post your findings, try to indicate what kind of settings you did use. You may find that you'll have to tweak things at half time......or if you find it ridiculously easy early on...just restart the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »