Home

Daflyboys NFL 2K5 roster update/tweak ver 1.0

This is a discussion on Daflyboys NFL 2K5 roster update/tweak ver 1.0 within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-17-2006, 12:56 PM   #49
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Daflyboys NFL 2K5 roster update/tweak ver 1.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bascape666
I think for example RB usually kill defense,for example they don't have to fight for more yards.Also it'd be great to have Punt retur players that in some case can go for TD,instead of beeing stopped always after 10 yards.I mean only great Punt retur players not all.
Anyway I think it'd be great if you could post here an updated roster (like Rickster v.8) including all your tweaks.
Last thing,maybe I think that NFL 2K give more power to defense in general,so if you could tweak secondary for example to avoid QB get 3 INT every game.
All in all I really enjoy your work!!
I think that the RB factor can easily be addressed by increasing the cpu tackling slider. If you've never tried to play with it maximized, you'll see what I mean. Plus, as far as the cpu RB's vs. you, see what kind of data you get for an entire season. I think you should adjust your own pursuit/tackle (human) slider based on the relative strength of your team.

As far as PR/KR yardage, unfortunately, that's a function of the game. 2K4 did this much better imo, which is why I wanted to focus on that game. Replay any given punt or kick return and watch the blockers....or rather watch all the non-blockers. It doesn't even seem to matter if you would temporarily up the blocking slider just for that play......it just a shame.

At present, the QB's and DB's are tweaked for cutting down INT's. This again, is a slider/tweak combo issue which I still need to look into. I'm probably going to have to knock some additional things down with DB's and even LB's to minimize the INT's.....it's all a tough balance, but I believe I'm close.

As far as when rosters will be ready......I just need to have more time to look through depth charts and exactly how I want to make the changes. Some positions need to be changed as well. It's too bad you can't make roster/depth changes in the editor like you can with Finn's hockey editor....unless there's something in the latest version whereby you can and I missed it?
Old 01-19-2006, 03:16 AM   #50
MVP

OVR: 9

Daflyboys,
many thanks for your dedication!
I hope to see here your new AR roster file with all the editings as soon as possible.
Thanks for keeping NFL 2K series alive!
Old 01-22-2006, 05:18 PM   #51
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bascape666
Daflyboys,
many thanks for your dedication!
I hope to see here your new AR roster file with all the editings as soon as possible.
Thanks for keeping NFL 2K series alive!
Ya, I'm going to work on the roster set I have, thanks to Rickster, et. al., though not going to be as accurate in the depth department as he is I'm sure.
I'm going to shoot for accuracy with the following depth levels:

QB's and RB's: 2
WR's: 4
FB's, K's and P's: 1
OL: 8
LB's: 5
DL and DB's: 6

Since Rickster did such a good job alread with depth, they'll probably be well into the 40's at least that will be correct.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2006, 02:58 AM   #52
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

Ok, here's a temporary update....completing only the AFC at this point. I haven't done any more global edits, only individual tweaks and I see I need to do more, like to Chris Brown (Tenn) in regard to run route and catching. I played a trial half with the Raiders since I added their backup TE and I wanted to check for game crashing....but all's good so far.

Collins went about 53% for around 130 yards, ZERO Int's but not a TD pass in the first half, though he did have a nice bomb to Moss in double coverage to get into the red zone. And I wanted to check that the DB AI wasn't too stupid so I threw up a softball in Woodson's direction and he picked it...as he should have. Oh yeah, he tried to run once but as he was just starting his slide, instinctually I manually popped him and he coughed up the ball. In the real NFL, it probably would've been a penalty.

Have the NFC to do, then testing overall to see if additional global edits are needed.

(all "AFC2" means is that I split the conferences into 2 major divisions to keep myself straight as I was doing this..... I hope to get the NFL done prior to the end of the week).

Again, much thanks to Rickster (and Candyman) from whom this roster is based. The depth charts are really very very good as I only had to create 3 players (Nate Webster, David Stewart, and Z. Flemister) and move around only a handful as well as switch their positions. Only other recognizable name that isn't in the roster pack and that I didn't create since I don't know if he'll play next year is Reggie Tongue.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ESPNNFL2K5_JanAFC2.zip (275.5 KB, 8 views)
Old 01-23-2006, 05:05 AM   #53
MVP

OVR: 9

Dear Daflyboys,
I think that if you can work in team with Rickster you'll give us all the perfect roster file to use with NFL2K.
I am sure you're both 100% dedicated to this game and to give "perfection" to it.
I'll test your file and I hope soon you'll post here a complete NFL roster file.
I'll test in 5/6 complete games and tell you how it works.
Can you just tell me which are the teams that I can use for the test games?
Old 01-23-2006, 11:09 AM   #54
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

Well, by using the roster file that Rickster first updated....we basically are working in concert. We just approach how to tweak differently and this gives people a choice to use what you think is best.

I would suggest trying your hand against the Colts. Unless you are playing out of your mind on defense....my guess is that (with the right slider settings as discussed before) he'll eventually eat you up!

As I suspected, Rickster/Candyman did such great jobs with depth charts, it's just a matter of checking behind them. Keep in mind I'm still working off of Rickster's earlier versions (ver. 3 I think), so I know there's more he's done concerning accuracy. I'm going to go through the FA's once I'm done with the NFC and make sure there are guys sitting in there who really need to be on a team, esp. if they're on 2nd string. The only blatant one I found along the way (earlier) was Eagle's RB Westmoreland, who may have been put into FA pool due to injury.

Last edited by daflyboys; 01-23-2006 at 01:26 PM.
Old 01-26-2006, 06:59 PM   #55
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

I have only two divisions to check through as well as the FA pool. I'm also going to reconsider some tweaks as I don't like how the formulas evened out certain attributes as certain positions, esp. D-line and LB's.

**Of great interest is a little experiment I conducted earlier today whereby I tried to make a "super returner" enhance the KR/PR game somewhat. I basically took Dante Hall in Finn's editor and maxed out every attribute I could think of that would enhance a return (up to the 127 level). I also turned pursuit and tackle to minimum and running and blocking to maximum. I renamed him Dante Hall KR and went into the practice mode. One of the additional problems (beyond blockers simply not blocking) is that even with composure and leadership maxed, the new Dante doesn't necessarily follow the play as written.....in other words even though the "blockers" are stacked right, he runs left. Plus it looked a little funny having him run over someone when he could probably never do that, but in order to get the alternate effect, something has to give. It's just poor programming.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2006, 11:38 AM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 1

Can't wait for this save.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »