Home

Daflyboys NFL 2K5 roster update/tweak ver 1.0

This is a discussion on Daflyboys NFL 2K5 roster update/tweak ver 1.0 within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-06-2006, 12:25 AM   #1
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27
Daflyboys NFL 2K5 roster update/tweak ver 1.0

Ok...let's give this a shot. Use Dan's sliders save for pursuit, tackling and kicking. Place pursuit & tackling on 3 for human and 6 for the cpu. Place kicking on 1/2 of what Dan suggests for human and full for the cpu.

Here are the basic changes:

QB's: pass acc/leadership/consistency all put over 100 at varying increments for top level QB's; secure ball/pass read below 20 & 30; speed upped for faster QB's; composure lowered at first, but this didn't seem to make Vick run any more, so upped for top level QB's; stamina = 100 for all; agg = 25 for all.

RB's: maximum 65 for strength; run route and catch upped between 15 and 25% for necessary RB's (except L. Jordan who was raised more).

FB's: maximum 75 for strength

WR's: run route upped significantly (can't remember percentage)

LB's: jump lowered 50% or more for maximum ceiling

CB & S's: coverage lowered to 45 max. ceiling; S's: catch = 1

Addendum: Of course these ROSTERS based directly from Rickster who got 'em from Candyman. For a good test, go up against the Colts and use Dan's wk 14 sliders for the cpu (with above suggested changes). Then adjust to taste.

Addendum#2: I looked at augustus' thread about the scrambling QB, etc. This impliments some of adriano's ideas in other areas as well and I did want to look at this as I still didn't like the overdone alacrity seen in some of the D-linemen. I'd like to incorporate this into what I did already and see the interactive effect.

Again...props to everyone who has brought out their ideas to make a great game even greater!

Addendum #3: In my first pre-season experiment, KC (human) vs NYG (cpu). Stats for Manning turned out great passing for a TD, an INT and over 300 yds with a low 60's% completion rate (Toomer literally looked like he grabbed the ball away from a lesser DB in Sapp, going over top of him...another jaw-dropper). Barber went for 130 and a touch, struggling at first, then busting a long one. Green was in the mid-50% with high 200's in yd'age and 3 TD's. Holmes had 150 and Gonzo over 100 (I think he needs to be reduced in skill overall as he ain't what he once was.) Unfortunately the score was lopsided for me 44-14, though I did run up the score a bit with the last TD being a passing one. It did though make me see something in a cutscene I never saw before..... a Giants defender kicking over a Gatorade keg on the sidelines!
Attached Files
File Type: zip ESPNNFL2K5_JAN06twkd.zip (255.7 KB, 77 views)

Last edited by daflyboys; 01-06-2006 at 12:32 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2006, 06:35 PM   #2
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Daflyboys NFL 2K5 roster update/tweak ver 1.0

Well I just gotta say something about these edits of daflyboys and if you haven't checked them out yet you are truly missing some of the best Football played in awhile by yours truly.

Not since the great NickChew have I enjoyed a better game of 2K Football from rosters that have been submitted as rosters edited from the ground up,this guy is someone I'm proud to know as a member here at "OS...Da Spot" in keeping with the tradition of great gameplay.

If you haven't tried em' yet you're really missing out on something truly special,I'm not gonna BS you with gaddie stats and whatnot you'll see them for yourself once you get your hands on these babies and even better yet he's still perfecting them in an attempt to even bring out more of what are already a great roster set,how much more better can they get remains to be seen but as far as I'm concern he's hit the jackpot in dropping these bad boys and I'm glad the base roster set was Candyman and Rickster101 used for such a great set!!!

But the real credit most def goes to daflyboy for coming thru with the vision to see the true potential in using the editor and coming up with the proper balance and gameplay edits needed to make these really shine without a doubt these are about the best set of edited rosters once again since the days of NickChew and his most excellent roster set...move over Nick theres a new kid on the block and he's coming on strong,hard and fast!!!

You did great bro and I'm proud of ya for coming thru and making some noise to keep the 2K tradition going strong for us who just can't get enough,I'll continue to update and stay current but credit and major props go to you for bringing a new prespective to the table props also to Finn and the editor tools he provides that allow us to keep it going and to my partner in crime Candyman56 the coolest cat I know and a major props once again to daflyboy for stickin' wit it and keepin' his focus...I knew you had it ya bro and now its you time to shine!!!

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101
Old 01-07-2006, 09:07 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 9

Dear Daflyboys,
I have test your roster using the AR file plus week 14 specific slider settings and it seems that it's too easy to run,I mean I use Bears agains a lot of different teams (CPU) but the final result is always the same,all my RB can reach 200 or plus yards in a single game.
Just give the RB the ball and you'll kill the CPU teams by 20 or 30 points every game.
A part from that it looks that your roster really work great,but again running seems too easy.
Can you tell me something?Can you test some games using the Bears and week 14 specific sliders?
Old 01-07-2006, 01:32 PM   #4
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bascape666
Dear Daflyboys,
I have test your roster using the AR file plus week 14 specific slider settings and it seems that it's too easy to run,I mean I use Bears agains a lot of different teams (CPU) but the final result is always the same,all my RB can reach 200 or plus yards in a single game, etc. etc.
You make terrific points. Again, it's all still a work in progress and we're continually up against the programming of what the AI's limitations are. Actually, my true desire would be to keep 2K4 going until the NFL realizes it's mistake in marrying EA/Madden and they go through a divorce in 4 years. But, without an editor and a way to remove the cap in K4, it's impossible to make mostly accurate rosters. So in looking back at this, Dan's sliders really intrigued me and if all things were equal in this game, I'd say they would work flawlessly, but again, we're up against the programming. This doesn't mean anyone's work on this is in vain. I think we take Dan's sliders and do the adjustments as needed. For example, I killed the NYG's in my trial game using the Chiefs. Now maybe on any given Sunday the Chiefs could put up 44 against the NYG, but they should be able to put up more than 14 against that KC defense.

So, bascape, I would simply turn up pursuit and tackling to maybe 10 and try to play the same way against the same teams....but I would especially try to take on a stronger defensive team, like Pittsburgh, and see what happens. Also, I don't play like I play against a human opponent. My personal "in-game" rules are, no shoulder charging with the RB unless I'm inside the 10 yard line and only 1 stiff arm once I break into the open field. I do allow myself one shoulder charge by the FB or TE during their possession. On defense, I stay only with one man throughout the play, including kickoffs and punts. This will make the game more challenging.

Oh, the other thing (flaw) I've noticed is this. Sometimes it seems the defensive AI comes out in the wrong set and doesn't adjust initially. For example, ever go in a 4 wide, with 3 weighted to one side, and the defense has 1 or maybe 2 defenders strong side? You almost have to audible and audible back to your original play to make them adjust, otherwise it's almost taking advantage of a game glitch. I'll be working on the new update by Rickster adjusting what I said before.

And thanks for the major accolades there Rickster....it IS good to see a group effort come together. And, i'm going to continue to use Dan's excellent slider idea with the seemingly necessary adjustments.
Old 01-07-2006, 01:33 PM   #5
MVP

slapnutz2k2's Arena

OVR: 10

I just looked them over and it's a good job.

Going over a few teams, I noticed a lot of players are missing and some are not their teams anymore or they have signed with other teams.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2006, 01:37 PM   #6
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapnutz2k2
I just looked them over and it's a good job.

Going over a few teams, I noticed a lot of players are missing and some are not their teams anymore or they have signed with other teams.
Well, I think Rickster did some moving around in his ver. 3. Plus, if you're talking about 3rd and 4th string guys, well, they're not worth spending a lot of time on re: accuracy. It's too bad the editor can't reliably be used to move guys around. I know in Finn's hockey editor, it made my updating 2K3 (still the better offline ver. imo) much, much easier than if I had tried it in-game. Again, it's a work in progress. I'll probably check behind Rickster using ourlads.com later this week/month. But, with playoff football starting soon..... eyes will probably be on those 4 games this weekend!
Old 01-07-2006, 07:14 PM   #7
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

Rickster....do you have a list of the roster moves you made between your v. 1 and 3? It would be easier for me to move players than to apply individual edits to all of the players that I did, after thinking about it. I have the general edits written down, but not the individual ones.
Old 01-09-2006, 07:43 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 9

Dear Daflyboys,
I have tried to use your roster file along with the sliders post in the "sliders forum" (I don't remember the name of the person),to be clear your roster file and NOT the team specific sliders but one set of sliders equal for all the CPU teams and it seems that the game ise really much better.
I have changed the INT sliders to 0 and put Offensive holding" sliders to 30,as I see that on defense I can use one player on the line of scrimmage and if I turn around the O men I always get the O men a penalty.
In my test games I have seen a great challenge,now my RB can run only for few yards,and sometimes they take long running yards,but it seems the gameplya is more balanced.
I hope you'll post here another roster file with all the latest tweak,a versione 2.0
Many thanks for your work!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »