Home

Rickster101 Roster update

This is a discussion on Rickster101 Roster update within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-28-2005, 04:25 PM   #1
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20
Rickster101 Roster update

These are rosters that were updated from the original Candyman v6 roster set posted and still available in the thread.

Credit goes to Candyman56 and others who helped and contributed to them in the process.

I have since continued to keep them somewhat current and the only reason Candyman56 isn't is because he no longer has the XBOX version due to him moving on to the XBOX 360 otherwise he'd have a v7 set available.

They're not perfect but are a solid foundation to improve on and update via the use of Finns editor and your own knowledge of current NFL trends and transactions.

I felt the need to post these to retain the integrity of his original set and to stop the use of his name on rosters that aren't what we posted at this site awhile back in the series starting from V1 through V6 along with setting and links,credit also goes to all those members once again who did contribute whose names can be found in Candymans postings throughout his threads and post.

A special notation gose out to Finn for his assistance in helping me get better familiar with the use of his editor and naming process,which ended up with the Finn Test that I did but didn't put my name on because it just wasn't appropiate at the time and it was only intended for TEST purposes only.

Note see last or close to last pages for info on recent file updates

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101
Attached Files
File Type: zip ESPNNFL2K5_Rkstr101_V1.zip (276.4 KB, 72 views)
File Type: zip ESPNNFL2K5_Rkstr101_v1.5.zip (255.6 KB, 23 views)
File Type: zip ESPNNFL2K5_Rkstr101v2.zip (276.5 KB, 84 views)

Last edited by Rickster101; 01-03-2006 at 01:02 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2005, 01:44 AM   #2
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

Re: Rickster101 Roster update

Heres something I've been tinkering with fellas...I noticed that Nick has most of his defensive backs and linebackers aggressive ratings set pretty low at 1 for most of them with the "Elite" players at a higher setting to what I think distinguishs them from the so-so backs and linebackers of the like and it seems to work in improving the gameplay so that those particular players stand out amoung the rest.

These particular players can be seen via the editor or simply viewed on their respective teams in Nicks v3.1 roster, what I did was use the editor to set these players via a global attribute setting available in the editor then set the "Elite" players in the game. The highest rated players will perform up to their respective styles and potentials while the other players will also stand out and perform well without being seen as "Supermen" but rather play up to a decent and competative game of Football.

I set all the DBs and LBs in this mannor, this is nothing set in stone as yet because I'm still tweaking these settings to see just what effect its having on the overall gameplay thus the reason why I haven't posted any such roster but would rather have you try this yourself and see just what I'm talking about here...basically its an adjustment attributed to Nick himself whoes settings I'm attempting to mimic here with pretty good results so try it out and see just what I'm doing here with these settings,after somemore work on them I intend on posting them for others to check out as well until Nick himself gets started on his project.

If you've any ideas or feedback I'd like to hear from you and remember these are nothing set in stone just some observations and tinkering in an attempt to keep things going in the 2K Football sports world until the really big projects gets started and underway with Finns editor I think something close can be achieved here so let me know what you think guys.

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101
Old 12-29-2005, 02:44 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 9

Dear Rickster,
can you please tell us which are the edits you have done in this roster?
Also have you work on depth chart?I mean have you put aside T. Owens and add the latest rookie?
Old 12-29-2005, 03:38 PM   #4
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bascape666
Dear Rickster,
can you please tell us which are the edits you have done in this roster?
Also have you work on depth chart?I mean have you put aside T. Owens and add the latest rookie?

Well most of the current rookies and then some are in the roster posted here, its quite easy to verify them by actually DLing the roster and checking thru it a process thats easy to do.

I really don't intend on posting every rookie and new player currently active in the league at this time but I believe I've gotten most in there if you'd like you can check them for yourself particularly for the team you want to use.

T.Owens is no longer an Eagle as in the current NFL at this time ,"Samkon Gado" is with the Packers, due to his name not being in the data base I've improvised and used whats available in the name list and chose "Santiago" as his "PBP" so you'll hear him mention by that name which sounds close to hearing "Samkon Gado",I think its pretty close to actually hearing that as opposed to hearing a number.

As far as edits go they're slightly updated from the original Candyman v6 roster to reflect again the current NFL which I also aide him in putting together along with some fine members who assisted on that project.

Since that roster release I've made additions and enhancements to most teams too many to list but all can be viewed and verified via NFL sites found on the web.

About every new addition to the leauge should be here but due to the nature of the NFL changing on a weekly bases I really don't have the time to list every transaction,its not that I'm lazy or anything but most guys know their teams personal better then I do thus I'm sure they'll be checking thru them and the edits should be in line with the original v6 roster.

I'll check thru it again to verify the edits I've made but again no list was compiled for that ethier on my end and they should be in line with the original v6 roster,I'll try and get you something but with about 1800 NFL players and 32 teams plus transactions happening weekly the process can be somewhat frustrating to say the least.

I may have missed some and thats to be expected because the league changes also but I will be posting another update to reflect the league at this time and it will in probably be the last or close to it, its time now to be thinking about next years roster and the new crop of rookies entering the league.

With the availability of Finns editor its possible to edit players and update them and with some of the postings and research done by members such as baa7 and findings done by NickChew (visit his site) among others it quite possible to do edits depending on whoes edits you prefer,Nicks edits IMO are about the best you can go with but again thats just my opinion his roster v3.1 is also available for DLs so you can check it out and see what all he hype is about.

On another note the edits and updates are a continuous process and makes it difficult to actually post a fixed set because it changes and varries but are in line with current trends found in various posting dealing with such inquirys such as the members reaserch and testings I've mentioned, I myself am leaning towards NickChews edits due to the gameplay I'm finding to my liking especialy his QBs gameplay along with my own findings.

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101
Old 12-31-2005, 01:28 AM   #5
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

Well after about 115 views are there any comments or views on these I'd really like to get some feedback especially seeing that 2K football seems to still hold some interest to the guys who by all indications are checking them out or should I just scap the whole idea and not continue on except for my own personal reasons with this project...I need some feedback fellas let me hear you comments or ideas.

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2005, 03:17 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1
Icon14 Re: Rickster101 Roster update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickster101
Well after about 115 views are there any comments or views on these I'd really like to get some feedback especially seeing that 2K football seems to still hold some interest to the guys who by all indications are checking them out or should I just scap the whole idea and not continue on except for my own personal reasons with this project...I need some feedback fellas let me hear you comments or ideas.

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101
This Roster is Great, but I would like to see improvements on the Raiders. Like Chris Carr (CB) and Randell Wiliams (TE) put on the team. That would be great.
Old 12-31-2005, 07:53 AM   #7
MVP

slapnutz2k2's Arena

OVR: 10

I just looked it over. You did a good job, Rickster.

I opened with the .70 editor and there are quite a few names missing. Also, a few teams don't have full rosters.

I've had internet problems the past 2 weeks so that's why I haven't been here but I'm still working on my roster. I'm done creating players, I just need to check the depth charts again and sim it thru franchise play.

The thing I'm doing at the moment is deleting multi pics and adding new ones. I'm trying to get pics that look similiar to the actual players rather than just giving them any picture. Also, a number of players don't have the right skin, ex. The Giants Diehl and Whittle. They have the correct pics but not the right skin color. I'm trying to correct that.

I might be going to deep into it, but that's just me.
Old 12-31-2005, 02:48 PM   #8
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

A note to those attempting to re-edit my file, it would be wise to use the source editor to do this by that I mean using the correct editor to add/sub from the work already done to them.

Use the .274 editor as it is the editor of choice used to create these files and reaffirmed by Finn and myself through testing.

It is possible to use other editors but through our testing we've found this one to deliver the results you are not seeing available,if you're using another edition you run the risk of experciencing such issues as in missing or deleted names.

Holla Back y'all
Ricster101

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »