Home

Any chance that someone's gunna create the upcoming draft class?

This is a discussion on Any chance that someone's gunna create the upcoming draft class? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-23-2006, 08:45 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Any chance that someone's gunna create the upcoming draft class?

With Finn's editor allowing us to save the draft classes, has anyone thought of creating maybe the first rounders, so say, people that are in the middle of a franchise could upload the draft class so we could do the draft ourselves, considering I'm sure that someone somewhere will update this game next year with Bush on the Texans, etc... I think it would be awesome, I just really suck at working with rosters, not to mention I wasn't really a big football fan until this past year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2006, 09:15 PM   #2
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Any chance that someone's gunna create the upcoming draft class?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flipmo23
With Finn's editor allowing us to save the draft classes, has anyone thought of creating maybe the first rounders, so say, people that are in the middle of a franchise could upload the draft class so we could do the draft ourselves, considering I'm sure that someone somewhere will update this game next year with Bush on the Texans, etc... I think it would be awesome, I just really suck at working with rosters, not to mention I wasn't really a big football fan until this past year.

I can only speak for myself about draft classes but I don't really see it as anything difficult using Finns editor since the in-game engine will generate the rookies and with the editing for rookies feature on it should be just a matter of updating the names and other vital data to sync up with the players used for their prespective teams and positions the editor should be more than capable of handling the editing process, whats needed is some sort of excel file or simply put a list of who is who and where they're gonna be placed at the start of a Franchise something in the middle might not turn out so well, just my .02 cents worth on mid season additions particularly during a Franchise run.

At this time its early and pretty much unknown where those guys are gonna be so theres time and for the most part we're all gonna have to wait and see what the draft and draft projections are gonna be anyway.

I've been looking at draft info and projections via web sites and links to such information to stay close to news and changes so I'm not caught off guard, I believe it was Daflyboy who provided some links to some great sites providing such information, time to read up on get your mind set going into the off season.

Question here for you bro just who is this someone,somewhere at I'd like to chat with him if he's available.

It could and should be done as a conventional roster first due to the nature of the draft retiring players and other transactions related to the Official NFL to reflect acurracy in the depth charts and to see whats going on before embarking on uncharted waters and of course the use of Finns editor should be implimented.

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101

Last edited by Rickster101; 01-23-2006 at 09:20 PM.
Old 01-24-2006, 01:13 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 15

I'm redoing my roster file that I posted here due to the Draft Class not appearing in Finn's editor. Once im done, im going to start a 32 team franchise file with the 2005 schedule applied and 32 rookies in the Draft Class. My list of players looks like this thus far -

QB - Leinart, Young, Cutler, Quinn and Jacobs
RB - Bush, White, Williams and Maroney
WR - Holmes and Avant
TE - Davis, Pope and Lewis
OT - Ferguson, Winston, Justice, McNeill and Thomas
K - Crosby
P - Weatherford
DT - Ngata
DE - Williams, Kiwanuka and Hali
OLB - Hawk, Greenway, Ryans and Carpenter
ILB - Jackson
CB - Williams
S - Huff
Old 01-24-2006, 03:09 AM   #4
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733
I'm redoing my roster file that I posted here due to the Draft Class not appearing in Finn's editor. Once im done, im going to start a 32 team franchise file with the 2005 schedule applied and 32 rookies in the Draft Class. My list of players looks like this thus far -

QB - Leinart, Young, Cutler, Quinn and Jacobs
RB - Bush, White, Williams and Maroney
WR - Holmes and Avant
TE - Davis, Pope and Lewis
OT - Ferguson, Winston, Justice, McNeill and Thomas
K - Crosby
P - Weatherford
DT - Ngata
DE - Williams, Kiwanuka and Hali
OLB - Hawk, Greenway, Ryans and Carpenter
ILB - Jackson
CB - Williams
S - Huff

I don't believe thats how the draft classes in the in-game functions its suppose to function as far as classes go, it suppose to happen this way....the game editor will just generate players in general any class can be applied by editing the player data and there are more then enough in there trust me its a matter of editing those exsiting players into the ones currently in the real draft theres no need to expect Finn to name those players because its not known who'll be represented therefore you would have to do that part yourself via the in-game editor and Finns editor to input that data.

Draft classes do appear in the game they're just not specific for any particular class just randomly generated for editing via the game select feature (Edit Rookies) and then the rest is up to you to convert them into specific individuals by using Finns editor which again is more then capable of editing players with features ranging from uniforms features to physical ones as in height,weight size and photos if you're into going that far with it however there are also randomly generated photos or UNKs in there also so there will be plently of players to choose from it just needs the data to change "John Doe" RB 6'0" into a Reggie Bush from USC it can be done and that draft class is rather large so that shouldn't pose a problem.

You would do the actual editing from the "Rookie" report in the game to edit and change certain data however due to the name data base which is probably maxed out at this time in the actual game itself you'll need to do the renaming via Finns editor which is another part of the process but can be done according to Finn and his explanations of the editor and its use for this process.

The game handles almost all aspects relating to an actual draft that you can actually particapate in from the combines to being in the Draft room itself observing the "Big Board" its all there and they're all available for editing if selected and teams can afford to sign em' which requires some managing of the Cap to insure monitary compensation is available to get these hot little prospects, its part of the games alure to see this process and feel a part of what actually happens during a Draft...its fun or you can delegate these reponsibilitys to the CPU and just watch the show!!!

Now there is another way to impliment these players and its just as effective but would only require a roster edit by simply adding or deleting players known to be on certain teams and therefore making it just a simple roster edit but I'm looking forward to using the actual Franchise and seeing how it turns out for my own personal use and I enjoy the Draft screens in the game itself so for me its probably not as exciting as just sitting down and changing and re-arranging rosters not much fun in that IMO but both ways do work!!!

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101
Old 01-24-2006, 05:21 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

Well, what I meant was, since most of us diehards are already deep into our current franchises [i.e. me and my 4 friends are in our 10th season], I think the easiest way for most of us to enjoy having the new rookies would be to import [or export, whichever is the correct term] a created draft class right into our existing franchises, which Finn's editor DOES allow us to do.

So for instance, let's say you, Rickster, were to edit your draft class from your franchise file so that you would have Bush, Leinhart, Young, White, etc in there. You would then right click on DRAFT CLASS, and save that particular draft class. At that point, you [or whoever creates the draft class] could post that online and other people could import/export/whatever that file into their current seasons, so that when the current season is over, that particular draft will have the big rookies in it.

I think that makes more sense considering two things:

1 - It's less work, as maybe only the first rounders are important to most people, and
2 - It allows people to have these players without having to start over a franchise, plus I would imagine that even if we were to put those players on the correct teams, most people would be making deals to get Bush/Young/whoever on their team anyways.

Again, I absolutely suck at creating players only because I do not watch college football, and well, I'm not all that good at creating a player that plays like he does in real life.

But hells, it would be cool.

PS - I just thought of a great idea...

If anyone [preferably you Rickster, were to do the research or whatever, and create these players [say, the top 32 players, the 1st rounders] and put everything on a spreadsheet for me, I'll go through the trouble of editing my draft class, save it, and post it on here for everyone... I actually just tore my ACL/MCL/Meniscus playing football [living the ESPN 2k5 lifestyle =P], so I have the time, I just need someone who knows about these players to get me the recommended ratings. So how's that for an offer, Rickster?

Last edited by Flipmo23; 01-24-2006 at 05:25 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2006, 10:49 PM   #6
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flipmo23
Well, what I meant was, since most of us diehards are already deep into our current franchises [i.e. me and my 4 friends are in our 10th season], I think the easiest way for most of us to enjoy having the new rookies would be to import [or export, whichever is the correct term] a created draft class right into our existing franchises, which Finn's editor DOES allow us to do.

So for instance, let's say you, Rickster, were to edit your draft class from your franchise file so that you would have Bush, Leinhart, Young, White, etc in there. You would then right click on DRAFT CLASS, and save that particular draft class. At that point, you [or whoever creates the draft class] could post that online and other people could import/export/whatever that file into their current seasons, so that when the current season is over, that particular draft will have the big rookies in it.

I think that makes more sense considering two things:

1 - It's less work, as maybe only the first rounders are important to most people, and
2 - It allows people to have these players without having to start over a franchise, plus I would imagine that even if we were to put those players on the correct teams, most people would be making deals to get Bush/Young/whoever on their team anyways.

Again, I absolutely suck at creating players only because I do not watch college football, and well, I'm not all that good at creating a player that plays like he does in real life.

But hells, it would be cool.

PS - I just thought of a great idea...

If anyone [preferably you Rickster, were to do the research or whatever, and create these players [say, the top 32 players, the 1st rounders] and put everything on a spreadsheet for me, I'll go through the trouble of editing my draft class, save it, and post it on here for everyone... I actually just tore my ACL/MCL/Meniscus playing football [living the ESPN 2k5 lifestyle =P], so I have the time, I just need someone who knows about these players to get me the recommended ratings. So how's that for an offer, Rickster?

Well this preposed offer of yours really holds no interest for me considering the time work and research I've already invested up to this point and still have much more to do considering not one draft guru has made any for sure picks most at this juncture are speculative at best.

I'm going to watch the reports as they come in and in my Franchise I have 380 prospects ready to go, at this point I'm waiting on confirmation for an accurate represention of these players.

I understand guys have already started their Franchises and I commend them on their efforts but I march to the beat of a different drum and will continue to remain focused on my current agenda and not let the pressure of actually producing a draft class that doesn't exsit yet deviate me away from that agenda.

I believe my approach is a sound and effective way to introduce the draft class as it unfolds with up to date reports and accurate representation of real time events, now that doesn't mean you can't proceed ahead and do one yourself all the information is available via the internet and pre-draft reports that all speculate on these collegic players and their potential impacts in the league, think of it as an educated guess by suposed experts that from time to time hit or miss their mark!!!

I have, once again a Franchise test file with 380 prospects with no particular names or designations and all thats needed at this point is the naming and data process itself and it is my intention to do them all when its a known fact whoes who but not until I've researched and have confirmed these players.

If anyone wants to edit these guys it shouldn't be a problem using the tools and shareware currently available, and for those not as fortunate to employ such items I'll probably post my Franchise with these players already set up for Franchise play but if you're in a hurry to beat the draft rush then by all means edit away I've no issue with anyone wanting to do so.

The Franchise test file I've been working on will be available in my thread for anyone interested but be forewarned it still may not be accurate due to the season being where it is currently and therefore certain roster personal may or may not be present because its still a work in progress and the rosters are constantly be reviewed and updated to put it simply its only a test file with no real value other then testing purposes.

Thanks for the offer bro but I'm pretty much a free spirit and to commit to such a project would stifle my creative process and leave me frustated and feeling somewhat obligated to produce something I enjoy doing free of charge with no strings attached, I worked a job where I had to produce on demand and this project of mine allows me to break that mold and work when I want the way I want creating and editing rosters in any concievable manner within reason its the ultimate expression and I don't intend on giving it up anytime soon,so thanks but no thanks I rather work as I've been doing all along with no strings attached and no obligations.

On a lighter note I hope that ACL/MCL/Meniscus injury isn't causing you too much grief, I do wish you a full and speedy recovery and hope this reply doesn't mean we can't work on other projects in the future but as far as this draft class goes I'm pretty much set as to how I intend to approach it at this time.

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101
Old 01-24-2006, 11:23 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickster101
I don't believe thats how the draft classes in the in-game functions its suppose to function as far as classes go, it suppose to happen this way....the game editor will just generate players in general any class can be applied by editing the player data and there are more then enough in there trust me its a matter of editing those exsiting players into the ones currently in the real draft theres no need to expect Finn to name those players because its not known who'll be represented therefore you would have to do that part yourself via the in-game editor and Finns editor to input that data.

Draft classes do appear in the game they're just not specific for any particular class just randomly generated for editing via the game select feature (Edit Rookies) and then the rest is up to you to convert them into specific individuals by using Finns editor which again is more then capable of editing players with features ranging from uniforms features to physical ones as in height,weight size and photos if you're into going that far with it however there are also randomly generated photos or UNKs in there also so there will be plently of players to choose from it just needs the data to change "John Doe" RB 6'0" into a Reggie Bush from USC it can be done and that draft class is rather large so that shouldn't pose a problem.

You would do the actual editing from the "Rookie" report in the game to edit and change certain data however due to the name data base which is probably maxed out at this time in the actual game itself you'll need to do the renaming via Finns editor which is another part of the process but can be done according to Finn and his explanations of the editor and its use for this process.

The game handles almost all aspects relating to an actual draft that you can actually particapate in from the combines to being in the Draft room itself observing the "Big Board" its all there and they're all available for editing if selected and teams can afford to sign em' which requires some managing of the Cap to insure monitary compensation is available to get these hot little prospects, its part of the games alure to see this process and feel a part of what actually happens during a Draft...its fun or you can delegate these reponsibilitys to the CPU and just watch the show!!!

Now there is another way to impliment these players and its just as effective but would only require a roster edit by simply adding or deleting players known to be on certain teams and therefore making it just a simple roster edit but I'm looking forward to using the actual Franchise and seeing how it turns out for my own personal use and I enjoy the Draft screens in the game itself so for me its probably not as exciting as just sitting down and changing and re-arranging rosters not much fun in that IMO but both ways do work!!!

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101
I understand what you're saying but when you're playing a Franchise, the Draft Class that appears in Finn's editor is the same as when you get to Week 7 of the regular season. I tested it out earlier today by creating Bush, Young and Williams. They appear in the rookie scouting and I simulated two seasons and didnt have any lock up or double name problems.
Old 01-25-2006, 03:26 AM   #8
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733
I understand what you're saying but when you're playing a Franchise, the Draft Class that appears in Finn's editor is the same as when you get to Week 7 of the regular season. I tested it out earlier today by creating Bush, Young and Williams. They appear in the rookie scouting and I simulated two seasons and didnt have any lock up or double name problems.

That sounds great but are going to complete the other 300 and some odd players to complete the draft, its good to know that it can be done that way and I have no issue with anyone doing as such but when I do my draft I intend on having every significant and then some player represented and not just high profile prospects so again what you've done is a good thing its just the start though theres still plenty to do and consider if you want your drafted players to truly represent the draft as a whole and completed project,its gonna take more then a couple of high profile prospects to sway me to do a couple of guys when the draft is full of gems just waiting to get their opportunities to play in the NFL thats just my take on it and I won't just do some college prospects because they're the known or have potential not yet seen by me or the scouts for that matter...remember J.J. Arrington of the Cardinals, it wasn't long ago guys believed the hype about him now look at the Cards possibly looking for the next great one to come along and save that organization face because he didn't produce.

I don't mean to sound rude or like some know it all but whats the rush anyway or is it draft fever getting to some guys,slow down and take it for what it is and everything will turn out fine whats needed is a step back and look at the process then gather your thoughts and devise a plan as to how you're going to approach the draft taking into account all the possible senerios that may take place the game isn't going anywhere and its amazing that its still here for us all to enjoy going into another transformation into 2K6-7 gather some notes, thoughts and info with a sound and proven plan and you'll be able to complete a whole draft with as many players as the editor will allow us to compliment a real NFL draft and not just a hand full of prospects...don't believe the hype do some real time research and make sound judgements.

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101

Last edited by Rickster101; 01-25-2006 at 04:03 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »