Home

Creating draft class and problems with FINN editor?

This is a discussion on Creating draft class and problems with FINN editor? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 01-25-2006, 01:50 PM   #1
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7
Creating draft class and problems with FINN editor?

I am using the GCO 3.1 rosters thoughout my first season in franchise. I finished the season and have begun the offseason rituals. I have gone in and using the editor changed the names and colleges of top prospects to match the real ones. I saved and loaded it on XBOX and it was all fine. I made a few changes to attributes of a couple of players and that is it. When renaming I always used existing players names. I saved on the XBOX and then I went back to the editor to remove a few photos. Now buttloads of players are missing from the editor as well as parts of names. When I clicked on them to view they say I am not allowed to edit these players. I notice players like Braylon Edwards and Charlie Frye (who I didn't touch) are gone....I mean they are there but invisible and unable to be edited. It was working fine before.

I am using 2.0 build .265 and I see that .275 is out. Anyone have any Ideas? It was going so well! probably about 45 real draft picks were done.

THanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2006, 02:10 PM   #2
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Creating draft class and problems with FINN editor?

Ok. So version .275 detected name corruption and fixed all of my problems!

YAY!!!!!

Now...do I need to look out for freezing in the upcoming season becuase of this or is that not related?

THanks!
Old 01-25-2006, 02:41 PM   #3
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by icicle22
Ok. So version .275 detected name corruption and fixed all of my problems!

YAY!!!!!

Now...do I need to look out for freezing in the upcoming season becuase of this or is that not related?

THanks!
if it freezes it shouldn't be related to the name corruption. The editor writes additional info to the game save it uses that the game doesn't. Early versions sometimes got "confused" and wrote incorrect data. Newer versions double check that "editor" data and rewrite when need be. That is what the name corruption dialog in the editor refers to 95% of the time.
Old 01-25-2006, 03:33 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
if it freezes it shouldn't be related to the name corruption. The editor writes additional info to the game save it uses that the game doesn't. Early versions sometimes got "confused" and wrote incorrect data. Newer versions double check that "editor" data and rewrite when need be. That is what the name corruption dialog in the editor refers to 95% of the time.
Finn...does that include 2nd last version? (.72 I think were the last two digits)
Old 01-25-2006, 03:54 PM   #5
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
Finn...does that include 2nd last version? (.72 I think were the last two digits)

The last two were .274 and .275 and both feature the "Auto-check" updated in the last one .275.

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »