Home

Rickster101 Roster Updates Edit Series

This is a discussion on Rickster101 Roster Updates Edit Series within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-31-2006, 02:30 AM   #9
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Rickster101 Roster Updates Edit Series

Well its that time again to post yet another updated version as the up coming Super Bowl fast approachs and everything is now set for the final run as far as updates go so this isn't quite the last roster to come thru but it sure makes for a exciting conclusion to what may have been so with out any further delay I present them for your gaming enjoyment once again!!!

I ran some Franchise sims and was pleased to see the Jags among other teams make their playoff runs along with the Chargers who should have been there all along IMO so things are looking good with these fellas, have fun and enjoy your games and season runs!!!

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101
Attached Files
File Type: zip ESPNNFL2K5_RkstrEdv2.zip (276.1 KB, 16 views)

Last edited by Rickster101; 01-31-2006 at 04:22 PM.
Old 01-31-2006, 11:48 AM   #10
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

thanks Rickster
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 02-01-2006, 09:35 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 9

Hello!
I have had only time to test one complete game using Rickster last edit roster V.2 and the "zero sliders" settings and it was 49ers (ME) at Colts (CPU).
Well with "zero sliders" I have had a too easy victory,Manning throws 7 INT during the game,my QB complete the 84% of passes,all my WR gets every ball in every position,and for my D men was really easy to sack the QB every action.
The final result was 45 to 13,so I'm not satisfied with it,but I think it's because I used the "zero sliders",in fact also when I test Daflyboys roster file in my first game using the "zero slider" I have had an incredible victory.
Now my next step is to have a complete 49ers vs. Colts game but this time using the slider for CPU all maxed and also the Rickster edit roster V.2
I'll report here my thoughs and I'll see how they works.
In my opinion the "zero sliders" are not working,or at least they don't work for me,but please note that even if you're a rookie or expert gamer is not possible to play with your QB who completes 80-90 % of passes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2006, 01:03 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3

Well, if got about 400+ games on my VIP, so I guess I do know a great deal about this game, so with that said, all I have to say is these are the best sliders that I've come up with for me and my 5 team franchise that is now in it's 10th season [over at my university, I play with 4 other people in a Franchise, it's awesome]... we've all outgrown Legend to the point that it's ridiculously easy, so here goes:

Basically, start off with "Legend" settings w/performance EQ on

-increase all CPU sliders to MAX except CPU catching/running/fatigue (that way, the play is never over until the CPU receiver takes the hit and holds on to the ball).
-set leave all Human sliders the same, except running/fatigue, put these to the same level as the CPU.
-bring Interceptions down, or leave them the same... if you're playing a human, leave it at default... if you are playing a strictly solo franchise, then you might want to bring them down, as Into's are too easy to get for a human vs a CPU opponent IMO.

Last edited by Flipmo23; 02-01-2006 at 01:12 PM.
Old 02-01-2006, 03:26 PM   #13
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bascape666
Hello!
I have had only time to test one complete game using Rickster last edit roster V.2 and the "zero sliders" settings and it was 49ers (ME) at Colts (CPU).
Well with "zero sliders" I have had a too easy victory,Manning throws 7 INT during the game,my QB complete the 84% of passes,all my WR gets every ball in every position,and for my D men was really easy to sack the QB every action.
The final result was 45 to 13,so I'm not satisfied with it,but I think it's because I used the "zero sliders",in fact also when I test Daflyboys roster file in my first game using the "zero slider" I have had an incredible victory.
Now my next step is to have a complete 49ers vs. Colts game but this time using the slider for CPU all maxed and also the Rickster edit roster V.2
I'll report here my thoughs and I'll see how they works.
In my opinion the "zero sliders" are not working,or at least they don't work for me,but please note that even if you're a rookie or expert gamer is not possible to play with your QB who completes 80-90 % of passes.

I also have a Vip with all the game code and cheats available and playing in "Big Head" mode among others isn't hardcore Football either but its in the game if you have the codes to access them.

In hindsight the "Zero" sliders are nothing new and are actually the "Rookie" level with adjustments that cator and fit the gamers needs to play game thats to the liking of the user.

Apparently playing with "Zero" sliders is not your niche and you should move on to a more competive game level and not be so critical of sliders that do cator to gamers who are not as skilled as you are remember the game is rated "E" for everybody and not everyone plays as you do.

1.Do you have a VIP with accumulation of points that let you acesse game codes?

2.Have you garnished any trophys and/or game acheviments or records?

3.Have you earned all the game codes?

4.Are you familar with the game differentials used to compete for gaining these accomplishments and set up your VIP?

If not then you shouldn't discourge others who may have an interest in attaining these game acheviements by simply playing the game for the shear pleasure of having fun.

You are free to play the game in any format that fits your needs be it arcade or hardcore sim its up to you bro but "Zero" sliders aren't for everyone and apparently they don't seem to be for you thats all.

Whats too easy for you may not be for others and thats ok I've know a lot of youngsters at the age of 15 who have practically master certain aspects of this game that leave me with my jaw dropped and some ole school gamers that can out coach these kids like professional NFL coachs and run circles around the youngsters.

You're a great tester no doubt Bascape666 but not everyone is a tester on the level you are and in being a game tester you should never discredit any level of the games playing skills as being just too easy thats not a fair and bias opinion and leads one to question your motives.

Are you testing for your own needs or testing to insure the game is playable for all levels of gamers be it 9 or 99, I'm an average gamer with better then average skills and I assume you are too because if either one of us was that good we'd be employed by someone in the buisness, I'm good on a novince level and can compete with the best of em' no doubt but what I offer here is by no means anything near pro competition its for fun and enjoyment to share with my fellow members, I'm good I know that but to be great I've got to keep working at it and keep prespective in sharing thoughts and ideas as well as be open to ideas and points of view and as a tester so should you.

I am aware of the fact that what I say and post does and has had an impact on the masses who read these threads and welcome all to engage in this process so together we can make improvements and find ways to better this game which is now past its prime but yet far ahead of its competitor as it has always been IMO, but by no means am I done with this game from a enjoyment level and if I can find ways to keep it going then I will and judging from the interest in it I feel along with my fellow gamers who also are still working on projects have accomplished this goal.

You don't necessaraly have to use "Zero" sliders Bascape666 I do because its what works for me and I offered them only as a "recommendation" and the "Truth" nothing set in stone,I posted a link for you and all to access and try out also, so don't limit yourself to just one mans point of view but try them all and find what works for you,there is nothing wrong with "Zero" sliders they just don't appear to work for you thats all bro so simply try something eles its that simple and see if your view and prespective opens up.

In the meantime I'll look forward to your next post or replie in regards to your on going test of the rosters and how you're finding their gameplay,hopefully your gaming experiences will be enjoyable ones bro untill then relax and just have fun with em'!!!

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101
Old 02-01-2006, 10:00 PM   #14
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

Nothing really all that special about this edit update except the re-insertion of "Jamal Robertson" on the Panthers roster and the placement of "Eric Shelton" in the FA due to injury as reflected in the actual NFL season, I just thought it be a good thing to have him available for thoses of you who might see this as an oversight and want a certain authenticity to your rosters.

I did not zero out and re-set his stats because he is a 4 year vet but if you feel he shouldn't have any statistical numbers simply remove them via Finns editor and you'll be fine.

The player used to accomplish this was Eddie George since retired and the PBP name used is "Jamal Robertson" also his photo has been put in so you will see the real players picture as well as hear the real "Jamal Robertson" name!!!

This updated roster is more for those who don't have access to Finns editor or are not familiar with its functions and want to have such and edit done for them and to those who do I'm sure you're more then capable of making such a change without my assistance or aide but if you need any help in making this change consider this as a more refine effort and enjoy the roster as it is in this format!!!

Also included is the Franchise featuring the 2005 schedual in the regular format excluding any updates to the rookie pool which is another process altogether but still just as enjoyable!!!

P.S. About the sliders used here, you can change or adjust them to your prefernce they are not set in stone and if you've a better set that works for you then by all means do your thang and have fun with the rosters!!!

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101
Attached Files
File Type: zip ESPNNFL2K5_RkstrEdv3.zip (255.1 KB, 9 views)
File Type: zip ESPNNFL2K5_Franchise2.zip (275.8 KB, 9 views)
File Type: zip ESPNNFL2K5_DawgBook11.zip (32.3 KB, 9 views)
File Type: zip ESPNNFL2K5_RkstrEdv4.zip (255.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: zip ESPNNFL2K5_RkstrEdv5.zip (276.1 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by Rickster101; 02-03-2006 at 05:34 PM.
Old 02-02-2006, 08:57 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 9

Dear Rickster,
there is not enough words to thank you for your great work,really!
Sorry if I offended someone,I know every person have his own skill and so playing against CPU with different slider settings can work for me but not for a lot of other people!
I hope to have enough time tonight to play the test game 49ers (ME) against Colts (CPU) using your roster V.3 slider and the "max CPU slider".
I'll try also the slider set of the person in this thread,some post up here.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2006, 04:00 PM   #16
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

This is a rant,you've been warned!!!

I've been wondering about something I've seen in another threads about the rookie classes and the upcoming draft...

Why are guys so content to just do a handful of the rookie class? Its only 380players, whats the deal with these Franchise rosters only having the well know rookies and no kids that are on the radar?

If your going to have a legit rookie draft whats the use of excluding the other 300 or so and leaving the rosters looking unfinished and incomplete, if you ask me I think some guys are just rushing things abit and not doing the real work involved in knowing about their college prospects and awareness of what the draft might produce thru reading and watching what the Sports media has to say in the form of information available.

It takes months to gather this kind of info so how could a roster with a rookie draft possibly be made now that has an actual rookie class that reflects what the NFL has inmind, not necessarly every player but more then a handful in comparrision to a 380 player pool.

Most I've seen was what pretty thin by my standards and confusing due to this export thing which wouldn't be a problem if played in the right schedual and progressed thru the games own progressions to hold up and not "Freeze" up on you.

If you're using the editor correctly things should be fine,it is a shareware tool not the game itself and can be placed in conflict with the games hardcode program something to think about and consider.

I don't get it theres nothing wrong with the editor the game generates the rookie classes you can edit and name including a 380 player pool and just waiting to be set up by you the user, its a piece of cake and doesn't need to be exported of sent anywhere its right there in front of you and can be managed but its not suppose to happen with a mere exporting of a class why should it if its already there.

Just my rant on the thing thats all, if guys can name and edit the hundreds of players in EA sports college game whats the deal with getting names in the pro game a mere 380 of em', I guess its not wanting to put in a real effort in gathering the info and doing a complete finished product and settling for whats appears to be a lack of effort...sounds like the same thing what most gamers complain about when the real companys do it...poor rosters lacking players not posted or DL'd in their online rosters thus leaving the user to edit and put them in, well heres you chance to solve that problem by doing your own editing via the games rookie editor and the use of Finns editor.

Rant over back to my regularly schedual thread.

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »