Home

Daflyboys NFL 2K5 Feb 2006 Roster Update

This is a discussion on Daflyboys NFL 2K5 Feb 2006 Roster Update within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2006, 01:47 AM   #17
MVP
 
OVR: 9
Join Date: Nov 2005
Re: Daflyboys NFL 2K5 Feb 2006 Roster Update

Dear Daflyboys I suggest you to take a look at MoONk thread as I think you can add some edits to your next roster file with his suggestions.
We wait for your new AR roster file and we hope to get it soon!
Bascape666 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 04:58 PM   #18
MVP
 
TWOSILK's Arena
 
OVR: 19
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Deltona, Fl
Re: Daflyboys NFL 2K5 Feb 2006 Roster Update

hey DFB helluva job on these rosters this is the best football i have played on this amazing game the qb scrambles, the computer will run draws on third down and they even use secondary and third recievers and no more circling the wr while trying to play db they move much more instinctively and the oline-dline play is realistic as i have seen no more 6 sack game even by dominant dlineman great job
TWOSILK is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 11:52 PM   #19
MVP
 
OVR: 13
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Chi, IL
Re: Daflyboys NFL 2K5 Feb 2006 Roster Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWOSILK
hey DFB helluva job on these rosters this is the best football i have played on this amazing game the qb scrambles, the computer will run draws on third down and they even use secondary and third recievers and no more circling the wr while trying to play db they move much more instinctively and the oline-dline play is realistic as i have seen no more 6 sack game even by dominant dlineman great job
I agree full extent. Best roster I've played with in a while.
__________________
XBox 1 and 360

Gamertag XRob da Realist
xrob is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 12:44 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame
 
daflyboys's Arena
 
OVR: 27
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Lehi Valley, PA
Re: Daflyboys NFL 2K5 Feb 2006 Roster Update

Thanks for the props guys..... as always, the guys who worked rosters and set the base are too be thanked as always.... and of course, Finn, infinitum.

I'm working off of Dan's rosters at this point and keeping track of the FA moves in a seperate file. But I'm also playing an "experimental" season and was in week 7 last night with my Chiefs vs. Vick & Co. Again, these are on 9 min. qtrs and I don't change d-men once the cpu snaps the ball. If I blitz, I don't powerup/charge. Vick only scrambled once for a medium gain, generally playing in the pocket and showing good patience overall. He and Finneran hooked up quite a bit, but most passes were short to medium range and he only had about 90 yds total going late into the 4th and down 20-7. Then something happended I never saw before. He rolled slightly left, waited, then connected with White --- in stride! --- for a 65 yard catch and run. (I saved it if anyone wants to see the replay later.) This allowed him to finish with around 50% for the day for about 155. His season percentage was only 55% last year, so pretty happy to see this....along with 0 INT's.

The nice thing is if I keep seeing zero INT's I can always bump up the INT slider as it's currently set to minimum.....so that's good to have.

Dunn also finished with 80yds. Neither team had a rushing TD. As far as the Chiefs go, I think I'm going to have to dumb down Gonzalez some as he's an absolute beast, even with the receive slider at 16. LJ's attributes need to be bumped up to elite as his nos. last year were ridiculous considering the limited no. of games he played.

Overall, I'm liking working off of this roster set. I don't see the QB's doing this dumb overstepping up into the pocket like on my last set. There's some tweak I must have not overdone from my last set that has fixed this, but damned if I know what it is.

Again, props to Dan and this part of the OS community as well for all that is being done in keeping this football game still the best available.
daflyboys is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 03:19 PM   #21
Rookie
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: May 2005
Re: Daflyboys NFL 2K5 Feb 2006 Roster Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
Thanks for the props guys..... as always, the guys who worked rosters and set the base are too be thanked as always.... and of course, Finn, infinitum.

I'm working off of Dan's rosters at this point and keeping track of the FA moves in a seperate file. But I'm also playing an "experimental" season and was in week 7 last night with my Chiefs vs. Vick & Co. Again, these are on 9 min. qtrs and I don't change d-men once the cpu snaps the ball. If I blitz, I don't powerup/charge. Vick only scrambled once for a medium gain, generally playing in the pocket and showing good patience overall. He and Finneran hooked up quite a bit, but most passes were short to medium range and he only had about 90 yds total going late into the 4th and down 20-7. Then something happended I never saw before. He rolled slightly left, waited, then connected with White --- in stride! --- for a 65 yard catch and run. (I saved it if anyone wants to see the replay later.) This allowed him to finish with around 50% for the day for about 155. His season percentage was only 55% last year, so pretty happy to see this....along with 0 INT's.

The nice thing is if I keep seeing zero INT's I can always bump up the INT slider as it's currently set to minimum.....so that's good to have.

Dunn also finished with 80yds. Neither team had a rushing TD. As far as the Chiefs go, I think I'm going to have to dumb down Gonzalez some as he's an absolute beast, even with the receive slider at 16. LJ's attributes need to be bumped up to elite as his nos. last year were ridiculous considering the limited no. of games he played.

Overall, I'm liking working off of this roster set. I don't see the QB's doing this dumb overstepping up into the pocket like on my last set. There's some tweak I must have not overdone from my last set that has fixed this, but damned if I know what it is.

Again, props to Dan and this part of the OS community as well for all that is being done in keeping this football game still the best available.

You shoould post them
JWZZR is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2006, 05:40 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame
 
daflyboys's Arena
 
OVR: 27
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Lehi Valley, PA
Re: Daflyboys NFL 2K5 Feb 2006 Roster Update

Not near ready....plus would like to wait until this FA ride slows down a bit.
daflyboys is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 09:48 AM   #23
Hall Of Fame
 
daflyboys's Arena
 
OVR: 27
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Lehi Valley, PA
Re: Daflyboys NFL 2K5 Feb 2006 Roster Update

Colts 40 *** Chiefs 21

Another nice feel to the game overall. Rainy conditions so the fumble slider was pushed up to 28 and boy did it have an effect. James fumbled once and LJ fumbled 3x! Manning wasn't pretty (only 50% passes completed) but he went for around 280 including 140 to Wayne (who had a very pretty leaping catch on a lofted pass). Indy rush was nicely balanced between James (80-ish yards) and Rhodes (40-ish yds). Game was 23-21 at half time, but I turned down the catch slider from 16 to 8, but then back up to 12. Gonna stay there for a while with it. Manning threw no picks and I threw one with Green to an Indy LB'er (can't remember who right now) on a very poor decision by me.

I will go ahead and finish the moves (up to today) later on and publish them for guys to experiment with....... and, yes, Bascape..... I will indicate the sliders I'm using as well...lol.
daflyboys is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 09:52 AM   #24
Owner and News Editor
 
Steve_OS's Arena
 
OVR: 77
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: OS Eastern Office
Posts: 28,146
Blog Entries: 556
Re: Daflyboys NFL 2K5 Feb 2006 Roster Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
Colts 40 *** Chiefs 21

Another nice feel to the game overall. Rainy conditions so the fumble slider was pushed up to 28 and boy did it have an effect. James fumbled once and LJ fumbled 3x! Manning wasn't pretty (only 50% passes completed) but he went for around 280 including 140 to Wayne (who had a very pretty leaping catch on a lofted pass). Indy rush was nicely balanced between James (80-ish yards) and Rhodes (40-ish yds). Game was 23-21 at half time, but I turned down the catch slider from 16 to 8, but then back up to 12. Gonna stay there for a while with it. Manning threw no picks and I threw one with Green to an Indy LB'er (can't remember who right now) on a very poor decision by me.

I will go ahead and finish the moves (up to today) later on and publish them for guys to experiment with....... and, yes, Bascape..... I will indicate the sliders I'm using as well...lol.
You are the man!
__________________
Steve Noah
CEO / Executive News Editor
http://www.operationsports.com
Follow me on Twitter
Steve_OS is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:25 PM.

Top -