Home

Rickster101 Roster Updates Edit Series

This is a discussion on Rickster101 Roster Updates Edit Series within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-26-2006, 05:46 PM   #1
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20
Rickster101 Roster Updates Edit Series

Well I thought I'd start releasing my new line of rosters featuring some edits done for this particular version featuring edits custom made by yours truly and reflecting the NFLs current status as the Super Bowl approachs and hopefully transgress into the off season and up coming draft.

Bascape666 has been most helpful in offering to do some pretty massive and subjective testing on these and his input has proven to be of great value with his insight and comments as we've been in touch with one another on almost a daily bases going through the process and believe it or not he's still just as eager to help out as when we first started so for his time and effort I am most appreciative and do enjoy working with him and look forward to some other ventures as the off season and draft approachs...thanks Bascape666 you're one of the best at what you do which is saying alot and all is appreciated.

Also to daflyboy who I must say keeps me on my toes and still has time for wisdom and objective points of view that I find refreshing, I still look forward to one day working with you also, when who knows but I gotta feelin' somethings bound to happen one day so don't change and things will work themselves out you're a good person to know.

And of course Candyman56 my partner in crime and one of the best guys I've had the pleasure of knowing via this site and still continue to remain in touch with, this all stated awhile back and we're still keepin' the 2K dream alive for all to enjoy as best we can thanks to those efforts back in the day.

My rosters in the regular roster thread will still include rosters also but with not as many edits, yet still just as enjoyable as these!!!

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101
Attached Files
File Type: zip ESPNNFL2K5_RkstrEdv1.zip (276.1 KB, 33 views)
File Type: zip ESPNNFL2K5_RkstrEdv2.zip (276.1 KB, 14 views)

Last edited by Rickster101; 02-01-2006 at 10:05 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2006, 04:45 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: Rickster101 Roster Updates Edit Series

Well, well, well looks whos still at it, my main man. After a long break from 2k I am back and I cant be happier. I tried lord knows I tried to give Madden 360 a shot but man it is no where close to a 2 year old football game. Now I have been reading all the post by yourself and others who are still doing roster updates. Well I have to throw in my 2 cents on rosters and ratings. I took your rosters (hope you dont mind) and added "my" rating adjustments to them. I will release them soon. I am back home and here to help and contribute to the work of keeping this game updated. In the words of the famous Rickster101 this is "Da spot". By the way what ratings did you change andare there any global edits?

Peace
Old 01-27-2006, 04:44 PM   #3
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram209
Well, well, well looks whos still at it, my main man. After a long break from 2k I am back and I cant be happier. I tried lord knows I tried to give Madden 360 a shot but man it is no where close to a 2 year old football game. Now I have been reading all the post by yourself and others who are still doing roster updates. Well I have to throw in my 2 cents on rosters and ratings. I took your rosters (hope you dont mind) and added "my" rating adjustments to them. I will release them soon. I am back home and here to help and contribute to the work of keeping this game updated. In the words of the famous Rickster101 this is "Da spot". By the way what ratings did you change andare there any global edits?

Peace

Yep still at it and still goin' strong and in the immortal words of the late Ray Charles..."Oh I'm gonna make it do what it gone do"...and believe me I'm doin' it!!!

Good to here from ya' Ram209 I can't help but shed a tear everytime I see your name and the Nebraska sig, takes me back to the days of "Lawerece Phillips" and what could have been, that kid broke my heart!!!

I really wished you'd give the rosters a chance to see what they do first as opposed to just pluckin' them (Help I'm being robbed) off the site and droppin' in your edits you might see something you like but to each his own still you should be somewhat open minded bro and at least give them a chance that'd only be fair IMO but again to each his own.

About the edits well I've never been big on the global thing using the editor but there are circumstances when applied they can be effective problem is sometimes they're overly effective and thats what kills the rosters.

My approach is a more suttle approach applying them only when necessary and in very small minute incremints pretty much talior customizing them to fit the player and the teams profile within NFL parameters and the game engines hardcoding which will only let you get away with so much.

Its a process thats taken me time to perfect and still its not an excat science because I can only do so much with it but IMO it works and the end result is a more playable game featuring most gameplay aspects conforming to real time NFL gameplay as close as I can get.

Everybody has different points of view and theorys on what does what and how it all comes together and for the most part are correct in their intial assessments however upon futher review it appears that another edtit would be needed to curtail those edits to fit in properly in other words "trim the fat" and shape these edits to be more individualize because not all players are alike due to other factors not taken into consideration and outside influences not under our control.

What I do is somewhat complicated because of my unorthodox style and approach to how I view global edits, they're fine but have to been look at as more then just a massive edit effecting every player therefore they should be used with extreme prejudice and common sense!!!

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101

Last edited by Rickster101; 01-27-2006 at 05:05 PM.
Old 01-28-2006, 09:53 PM   #4
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

i may have mis read but what sliders are we to use with this file?

thxs for all the work!!
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 01-29-2006, 01:40 AM   #5
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
i may have mis read but what sliders are we to use with this file?

thxs for all the work!!

You didn't misread anything bro because I never made any reference to sliders or settings in this thread this is a roster thread.

If I were to make any mention to sliders it would have been to use "Zero" sliders or tweak them to the mininum, guys are getting to caught up in slider discussions and thats not the focus here this is a roster thread bro nothing here about sliders.

If I get into anything about sliders I'll post it there (slider thread) but nothing here is open for sliders only the rosters so I hope you'll enjoy em' and have fun in the meantime anything about sliders you'll find there and I'll answer any questions concerning sliders you want to ask in the slider thread!!!

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2006, 06:04 AM   #6

Fiddy's Arena

cool, thxs man!!

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 01-29-2006, 09:22 AM   #7

Fiddy's Arena

i dont know what edits you did but man i just had a blast playing this game. browns 17 steelers 30 i was the browns lol

i actually had to stay focused on d every play!! i dont think i even had this much fun when the game was new.

keep it up!!

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 01-30-2006, 12:32 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 9

Dear Rickster,
as I said in the post of Daflyboys I'll test both your roster file and Daflyboys roster file and this mean I'll play the same game with the same teams to see how your and Daflyboys roster file works.
I'll use your "zero sliders" settings as I'm curious to see how it works.
I don't wanna focus on which has the best roster file but to compare the two files and see which are the best things of both roster and the best editings.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »