Home

Rickster101's ESPN NFL 2K6

This is a discussion on Rickster101's ESPN NFL 2K6 within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-07-2006, 02:47 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: Rickster101's ESPN NFL 2K6

Forget to ask Rickster one thing,can you please post here AR file with franchise 2006 schedule with Saints playing all the games in other places (not in New Orleans)?A file equal to the one post above here in this thread,with all the editings.
Many thanks!!!!!
Old 02-07-2006, 06:01 PM   #10
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bascape666
Forget to ask Rickster one thing,can you please post here AR file with franchise 2006 schedule with Saints playing all the games in other places (not in New Orleans)?A file equal to the one post above here in this thread,with all the editings.
Many thanks!!!!!

Here is the Saints sheduale with all games on the road, same edits and nothing changed except the schedule for Saints playing away road games.

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101
Attached Files
File Type: zip ESPNNFL2K5_Franchise2.zip (274.6 KB, 28 views)

Last edited by Rickster101; 02-08-2006 at 01:57 AM.
Old 02-08-2006, 03:08 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 9

As always you're great!
Many thanks for the file!!!
I'll now start testing some games using the franchise file,I mean I'll play some games random using different teams both home and away and see the results.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2006, 12:53 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 2

First off let me say as a longtime 2K5 fan being able to go back and play my favorite game with up-to-date rosters is simply amazing, My hat goes off to you Rickster and everyone involved with this project.

However I do have one question (being the newb to this board I am), how are the actual player ratings determined? For example, someone like Chris Simms or Cadallic Williams and even Carson Palmer are rated higher than ...well more prodominate superstars at their respective positions? Just came as a shock to me I suppose..

Last edited by Revelation; 02-10-2006 at 12:57 AM.
Old 02-10-2006, 06:02 PM   #13
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelation
First off let me say as a longtime 2K5 fan being able to go back and play my favorite game with up-to-date rosters is simply amazing, My hat goes off to you Rickster and everyone involved with this project.

However I do have one question (being the newb to this board I am), how are the actual player ratings determined? For example, someone like Chris Simms or Cadallic Williams and even Carson Palmer are rated higher than ...well more prodominate superstars at their respective positions? Just came as a shock to me I suppose..

I'm not sure thats something that can be answered with a truly full and complete explaination because the whole process is somewhat very time consuming and requires alot of research and observations of both real live NFL games and the video games presentation of NFL Football add in the reading of materials and data in the form of information from reliable sources including both the media, hard data and the use of the internet.

I would imagine my fellow members who get involved with this type of project spend a great amount of time reading and researching teams and individual personel as well.

I myself am an NFL nut when it comes to being somewhat knowledgeable as to who,what when and why in the NFL universe both real and cyber which is nothing different then being a guy who gets into any type of fantasy league play keeping track of key personal for his/her teams final outcome.

As for the actual numbers used thats a tough one because of the time consuming test and adjustments needed to get a certain result in the final ending statistics.

For me its nothing easy and having a hardecode program in the game makes a big difference in just what and how far you can push any one given attribute to run with true to life results due to the fact they are not all independent of one another but at the same time have others that are somehow linked in order to run effectively and effciently in the presentation of looking and behaving like an NFL player would.

Keeping that inmind my approach is to do certain calculations based on whats already there and set the numbers to perform certain task that should yield positive results and show up in the final tabulation.

Then you would want to make comparisions and check these tabulations with simular players in simular positions to see how that given group relates to one another...most are complex and I have no formula for any particular position because each is unique and different from the other but have common trends that link them as in QBs being QBs and doing what they do as opposed to offensive and defensive linmen doing what they do.

I lean more towards the sim engine and what results it yields since its the only reliable way to calculate all numbers that were set by the roster creator in assembly of a player for use in the game this would only make sense for the actual numbers to play out ,then play the game and make obsevations of the gameplay and needed adjustments, it can be a long process but its needed to get the numbers to "add up" and make sense.

After that things get complicated and complex especially for QB play and getting all the players to fit in and re-act to one another as a team, the numbers used to bring out certain players performance is simply based on improving them by either increasing or decreasing certain attributes as related to their position and performance and I must say the work I've done on Palmer and Cadallic turned out pretty well seeing their stats and gameplay reflect their great seasons along with improvements to Simms bringing them into this past seasons performances and ending in stats that are somewhat simular in their final tabulations and on field gameplay as I've observed in my presentation of NFL ESPN 2K6 Football.

Theres more a whole lot more but to go thru every little fine tuned aspect would take awhile to explain but basically thats a general way of getting into what it takes to actually do ratings and other related adjustments in the game with the aide of shareware in the form of Finns editor and my own indepth knowledge of the NFL along with other members here who do this kind of project to this point we've done a pretty good job considering this game is past its prime and somehow still here through these efforts.

So now the saga may continue with 2K7 possibly being my next edtion if interest and enthusiasm remain high on my end, for the moment its leaning towards "One more time" and the prospect of getting into the off-season for the up and coming rookie class...I'll take this time to brush up on a few things and keep a close watch on info and related news conserning the draft and off season moves as in whats T.O. going to do next and how FAs are going to be delt with so like I said it gets complicated at times keeping up on whats going on in the NFL...its B ball season now and time to show it some love plus as I've mentioned in other post time to go to "Disney World" and have somemore fun!!!

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101
Old 02-11-2006, 03:24 PM   #14
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickster101
I'm not sure thats something that can be answered with a truly full and complete explaination because the whole process is somewhat very time consuming and requires alot of research and observations of both real live NFL games and the video games presentation of NFL Football add in the reading of materials and data in the form of information from reliable sources including both the media, hard data and the use of the internet.

I would imagine my fellow members who get involved with this type of project spend a great amount of time reading and researching teams and individual personel as well.

I myself am an NFL nut when it comes to being somewhat knowledgeable as to who,what when and why in the NFL universe both real and cyber which is nothing different then being a guy who gets into any type of fantasy league play keeping track of key personal for his/her teams final outcome.

As for the actual numbers used thats a tough one because of the time consuming test and adjustments needed to get a certain result in the final ending statistics.

For me its nothing easy and having a hardecode program in the game makes a big difference in just what and how far you can push any one given attribute to run with true to life results due to the fact they are not all independent of one another but at the same time have others that are somehow linked in order to run effectively and effciently in the presentation of looking and behaving like an NFL player would.

Keeping that inmind my approach is to do certain calculations based on whats already there and set the numbers to perform certain task that should yield positive results and show up in the final tabulation.

Then you would want to make comparisions and check these tabulations with simular players in simular positions to see how that given group relates to one another...most are complex and I have no formula for any particular position because each is unique and different from the other but have common trends that link them as in QBs being QBs and doing what they do as opposed to offensive and defensive linmen doing what they do.

I lean more towards the sim engine and what results it yields since its the only reliable way to calculate all numbers that were set by the roster creator in assembly of a player for use in the game this would only make sense for the actual numbers to play out ,then play the game and make obsevations of the gameplay and needed adjustments, it can be a long process but its needed to get the numbers to "add up" and make sense.

After that things get complicated and complex especially for QB play and getting all the players to fit in and re-act to one another as a team, the numbers used to bring out certain players performance is simply based on improving them by either increasing or decreasing certain attributes as related to their position and performance and I must say the work I've done on Palmer and Cadallic turned out pretty well seeing their stats and gameplay reflect their great seasons along with improvements to Simms bringing them into this past seasons performances and ending in stats that are somewhat simular in their final tabulations and on field gameplay as I've observed in my presentation of NFL ESPN 2K6 Football.

Theres more a whole lot more but to go thru every little fine tuned aspect would take awhile to explain but basically thats a general way of getting into what it takes to actually do ratings and other related adjustments in the game with the aide of shareware in the form of Finns editor and my own indepth knowledge of the NFL along with other members here who do this kind of project to this point we've done a pretty good job considering this game is past its prime and somehow still here through these efforts.

So now the saga may continue with 2K7 possibly being my next edtion if interest and enthusiasm remain high on my end, for the moment its leaning towards "One more time" and the prospect of getting into the off-season for the up and coming rookie class...I'll take this time to brush up on a few things and keep a close watch on info and related news conserning the draft and off season moves as in whats T.O. going to do next and how FAs are going to be delt with so like I said it gets complicated at times keeping up on whats going on in the NFL...its B ball season now and time to show it some love plus as I've mentioned in other post time to go to "Disney World" and have somemore fun!!!

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101

Interesting. Well before downloading your roster update I checked out Finns Editor and read his explanation on player's attributes, for example:

Quote:
Speed:
Put simply, its how fast the player runs. Our ratings are based on each player's reported time in the 40 yard dash and is adjusted on a position-by position basis, so don't worry about comparing a QB's rating to that of a WR's
After reading that and then looking at your rosters I found it odd I guess that certain players who are known to be fast, for example Donte' Stallworth (who has one of the fastest 40 times in the league) of the Saints is only rated a 86 (Speed) while other players such as Ike Hilliard of the Bucs are an 88 (Speed)?

Another example would be Bobby Wade on for the Titans is rated an 81 overall yet Drew Bennett is a 74? I mean as a Titans fan I know that Bobby Wade only caught 4 passes this year while Bennent just came off a 1000 yard season one year ago.

One last question, I noticed that the stats in the player profiles for 2003/04 were missing ...is that normal?

Last edited by Revelation; 02-11-2006 at 03:53 PM.
Old 02-11-2006, 05:28 PM   #15
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelation
Interesting. Well before downloading your roster update I checked out Finns Editor and read his explanation on player's attributes, for example:

After reading that and then looking at your rosters I found it odd I guess that certain players who are known to be fast, for example Donte' Stallworth (who has one of the fastest 40 times in the league) of the Saints is only rated a 86 (Speed) while other players such as Ike Hilliard of the Bucs are an 88 (Speed)?

Another example would be Bobby Wade on for the Titans is rated an 81 overall yet Drew Bennett is a 74? I mean as a Titans fan I know that Bobby Wade only caught 4 passes this year while Bennent just came off a 1000 yard season one year ago.

One last question, I noticed that the stats in the player profiles for 2003/04 were missing ...is that normal?

Thats good you checked out Finns explanations for player attributes which are very good but not the only ones out there, I myself have seen about two or three other explanations from various sites that have simular if not the same explanations and then thery're the ones which alot of fans see thats included in the game itself so you see the explanations are something alot of guys who do rosters and edits see as sometimes being misleading like the explanation for pursuit, I've seen about a half dozen for that one alone so sometimes the explanations can be speculative but not to a person who actually does edits and can verify the results first hand because unlike an explanation you can actually see the results by your own hands on approach to verify such explanations.

Charts for 40 time speeds are great and all but not the standard for rating speed in a video game by speed alone, in real life speed is speed but in a video game speed does have variables and mitigating circumstances such as conditional effects that don't adhere to the real world and real physics but its a good way to get a general feel for what that player should be able to mimic in a video game after all the game is able to varry and augment certain items depending on what adjustments and slider combinations you impliment to set or off set certain conditions...for example speed vs pursuit vs coverage...all employ the use of speed but in different varrying degrees for different circumstances and situtions including wide recievers vs defensive backs pending a quarterbacks decisive play to finalize the outcome.

As for stats being missing I'm not sure what you mean some players used for other players like a retire Jerry Rice no longer in the game would have his stats and info re-set for use by another player and whatever original stats there would have been put there by the game designers.

What is a normal procedure is the remove the stats if creating or making another player so old info not related doesn't follow the newly crated player basically you'd do a re-set and continue to use him as the new player and if its a rookie you'd most def re-set the stats!!!

Nothing up the sleeves here, no mysterys or magical spells they are what they are players simply edited and updated based on current info and stats research,tested and played to present a NFL game in a video game format as accurate a presentation the info and tools will allow me to within reason and my own knowledge and awareness of the NFL and its current trends.

One more thing about players and what you're seeing...have you actually played with these rosters because if you haven't then how could "Drew Bennett" be seen as slow at 74 if you haven't seen what he can do at that rating, don't be fooled this guy can play and put up numbers!!!

I've played and simmed the Titians and Drew has always come thru for me averaging about 1000 yards a season actually a little over and has a great average per catch at 13.6 yards so I'm not seeing anything wrong with him myself however if you feel he's too slow then do your thang and crank the kid up but if you really want to see his effective play pay attention to the real numbers that matter...his production on the field in his gameplay and the CPUs tabulation of his edited ratings...both are within the NFLs final statistics and appear to be legit...check em' yourself, not an exact season but a very believable one after all its still a video game bro so enjoy it and have some fun!!!

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2006, 06:37 PM   #16
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickster101
One more thing about players and what you're seeing...have you actually played with these rosters because if you haven't then how could "Drew Bennett" be seen as slow at 74 if you haven't seen what he can do at that rating, don't be fooled this guy can play and put up numbers!!!
Actually I never said Drew Bennett was slow. I was in fact commenting on why his overall rating (74) would be lower than Bobby Wade's (81), Wade who caught all but 4 passes this season? Likewise, during my Franchise if the CPU teams im not controlling (in this case the Titans) make adjustments to their line-up via injury or free-agency Wade would unfortunately go ahead of Drew Bennett on the depth-chart because again .. his rating overall for whatever reason is higher.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »