Home

Any current Roster Updates for PS2?

This is a discussion on Any current Roster Updates for PS2? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-23-2006, 12:53 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Any current Roster Updates for PS2?

Since I got my Action Replay for XBox and started a new franchise with the latest roster updates (not to belabor the obvious, but Rickster Rules!) and slider settings I picked up here at OS, my brother is very excited to do the same for his PS2 version of 2K5.

I know he'd have to use the Max Replay for his system but are there current roster updates available for the PS2 version? I've tried talking him into getting an Xbox, but not yet successfully.

Gamertag: Tailgun

"Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big old storm right in the eye and says, Gimme your best shot. I can take it."

- Kurt Russell, Big Trouble in Little China
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2006, 12:53 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 15
Re: Any current Roster Updates for PS2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hostile_17
Since I got my Action Replay for XBox and started a new franchise with the latest roster updates (not to belabor the obvious, but Rickster Rules!) and slider settings I picked up here at OS, my brother is very excited to do the same for his PS2 version of 2K5.

I know he'd have to use the Max Replay for his system but are there current roster updates available for the PS2 version? I've tried talking him into getting an Xbox, but not yet successfully.
There's only two rosters that I know of for PS2. You can find both here -

http://nfl2k5forever.com/phpbb/viewf...bfd0a6cbf0c184

One was made by "zeldamaster" and the other was made by "tpaterniti". I checked out tpaterniti's roster months ago and well, I bought an Xbox instead. His roster is bad but to be fair, it's not his fault. You cant use Finn's editor and there are simply just too many limitations in regards to creating a PS2 roster update. Tpaterniti did the best he could do but like I said, he or anyone else who tries to create a roster update for PS2 will fail because there will be too many negatives that simply cant be worked around.

I tried creating a roster update last September for PS2. I quit after 2 hours and bought an Xbox instead. The main reason is so I could use Finn's editor. If there was no such editor, then it wouldnt matter. But, thankfully there is. I recommend your brother buying an Xbox for 2k5. Hell, I bought an Xbox so I could use Finn's editor. 2k5 (and 2k4) are the only games that I have for Xbox and I have no plans or interest in any other Xbox games.

For some people, buying a system for basically one game isnt worth it but when you consider the alternatives (Madden or a PS2 roster), it becomes well worth it. If you buy Madden every year for the next 5 years, it would cost you at least $250. I bought my Xbox for $150, an AR for $30, 2k5 for $15 and 2k4 for $8 and all were new. I downloaded Finn's editor and well the rest is history. Best part is that I can avoid that crapfest called Madden and I saved a whole bunch of money on football games by switching to Xbox.

Last edited by dan77733; 02-24-2006 at 12:55 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »