Home

During the offseason

This is a discussion on During the offseason within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-24-2006, 01:01 PM   #1
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29
During the offseason

is there a time when you can have more then 54 players on your roster? If it is possible, could someone send me a gamesave with that occurring... I want to get back to work on the practice squad stuff I started previously and it would be a big help.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2006, 03:46 PM   #2
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: During the offseason

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
is there a time when you can have more then 54 players on your roster? If it is possible, could someone send me a gamesave with that occurring... I want to get back to work on the practice squad stuff I started previously and it would be a big help.
That time might be somewhere in the off season if at all and you still can't carry but only so many players on the roster 54/55 for the season if I'm correct after signings and FA moves, there just isn't any room for more players due to the roster limit thats most likely pre-set (hardcoded/pre-programmed) to hold only so many but the games set up should have included slots simular to the ones you're attempting to open up...I really hope you can pull this off!!!

I can't really recall a roster with more then 54/55 players on it and in my experiences when attempting to add addtional players I've gotten a message indicating that this roster is full.

I believe its something pre-set to the games set up as far as slot positions available for rosters, strange that the VC crew didn't think this out ahead of time and designate such slots for players to be placed in because in the real NFL its never an issue due to such options like NFL Europe, injury reserve and practice squads...more slots are needed for sure to keep personel with their respective teams and avoid those crazy issues about placing them in FA, someone should have figured this out long ago and the only place I've seen it used/done for managing team and GM buisness concerning rosters was in "Front Page Sports" a PC Football simulation and probably the best true sim in a Football game ever!!!

Perhaps something created like a buffer or holding page file to designate certain players to teams associated with the roster and the ability to call them up or hold them there so they don't move around and are available only to the team associated to that file...just a thought but one that might work, how to impliment it into the game at this point I have no real idea but if anyone can do it then you're da man when it comes to the actual building and programming for such a feature!!!

I wish I had something to send or show Finn you but I don't think anyones gotten around that issue and in all likelyhood it'll probably be your editor that will open that aspect of the game up (if possible) and make the roster issues more workable and even more realistic, if I can help in anyway let me know I'm all for it!!!

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101
Old 02-25-2006, 12:17 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 15

Hey Finn, im not sure if this will help you or not but if you download "flipmo's" franchise file with the messed up Draft Class, there are four teams that have players listed on the practice squad in the editor. The number in parenthesis is how many players that team has on the practice squad. From the looks of it, it appears that when the CPU goes past 54 players, the lowest rated players automatically appear in the practice squad. Also, the players that are listed on the practice squad are also listed on the active roster. Hope this helps.

The four teams are -

Eagles (1)
Packers (1)
Patriots (2)
Vikings (1)

And Finn, thanks again for fixing my roster file. I appreciate it. I'm going to be creating the upcoming rookie Draft Class this week. I cant wait to play.

CB Jimmy Williams - welcome to the 49ers.
Old 02-25-2006, 11:53 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

I have a file that has 60 players on the Ravens, I just have to find it somewhere on my PC... I'll get back to you on that.
Old 01-10-2021, 12:27 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

I would appreciate any detailed info on how to carry more than 54 players per team. I succeeded, based on great posts in here, in resetting my free agents. Save free agent file when roster says full. Create new file. Copy and paste full free agent file to new file. Then save new file, and resetting player names is back to about 135 again. Just trying to contribute my limited experience. I like adding faces to my created players. Noticed a glitch. Must change equipment on players face i want to use to just plain black or white. Must do the same to player I want to paste face onto. Then copy player whose face I like, and paste to player needing face and save. Then, can edit gloves, elbow equipment to team colors. If dont change both players equipment to black and white before copy and pasting player, my team steelers got stuck with weird burgundy team colors from redskins. Also, did all I could with roster. Noticed game allows me to not carry a punter. The kicker will do punting duties. Also noticed game will allow me to carry only one center that frees up roster capacity some, but would be in heaven to get all teams to at least 58 per team would do me just fine. Thanks, and be well.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »