Home

Upcoming Draft Class

This is a discussion on Upcoming Draft Class within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-27-2005, 09:44 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 9
Upcoming Draft Class

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone has worked on making a 2006 Draft Class. Now that Finn's editor allows one to edit the draft class players and export/import teams, I was wondering if anyone was trying to create the upcoming draft class using a franchise save and Finn's editor, and then exporting the team so others could import it into their own franchise. I've started making my own 2006 class, but probably only have a few dozen players done...the toughest part is finding good representative photos for the players. It is really cool to have Mel Kiper talk about "Reggie Bush" while watching SportCenter on my franchise, but I'm afraid I'll never be able to finish all the players coming in.

On another note, does anyone have a Player Photos folder with a greater number of player photos for the editor?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2005, 04:12 PM   #2
Daydream Believer

Flyboy's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Upcoming Draft Class

It'll be better to just wait after the draft and see where players go. Wouldn't that be easier?
Old 12-08-2005, 08:26 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy
It'll be better to just wait after the draft and see where players go. Wouldn't that be easier?
Easier, yes. Fun for draft analysts and guys that like to run their own franchises, no.
Old 12-08-2005, 09:15 PM   #4
Rookie

Phil21's Arena

OVR: 3

I did it for the first year of my franchise and I'm working on the 2007 draft now cause i'm past week 8. And there was no way to save the draft class either on that version of Finn's Editor. Just check out various Mock Drafts to get an idea who to create in the draft class. I attached an Excel sheet that has the top 100 seniors in college. It was made before the college season started so the placement of them is off. And there are alot of important juniors that might come in the draft (Bush, Chad Jackson) just look at some mock drafts to get the juniors.

Theres also a couple people that should be added to the 2007 draft. I hope that helps.

edit: it won't let me upload Excel files, so if you want it leave your email address, ill get it to you.
Old 12-09-2005, 03:05 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 9

Yeah, Phil that would be greatly appreciated. My email is [email protected]

I've been looking at mock drafts and I did a draft class for my franchise...Titans got Leinart, Texans grabbed D'Brickshaw, Niners got Bush, and the Cardinals grabbed Vince Young to start off the draft.

The way I saved the draft class was by right clicking on the Draft Class team in Finn's editor and it gives you the option of exporting team "Draft Class." I could then go into another franchise and right click on the Draft Class team in Finn's editor and I could import the saved draft class into it...not sure if that makes sense, however the name databases in both franchise files need to be exactly the same or else the names won't turn out right.

Anyway, does anyone have any good caps for the incoming players?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2005, 02:55 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

That would be awesome man.

[email protected]

Thanks!
Old 12-12-2005, 02:31 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil21
I did it for the first year of my franchise and I'm working on the 2007 draft now cause i'm past week 8. And there was no way to save the draft class either on that version of Finn's Editor. Just check out various Mock Drafts to get an idea who to create in the draft class. I attached an Excel sheet that has the top 100 seniors in college. It was made before the college season started so the placement of them is off. And there are alot of important juniors that might come in the draft (Bush, Chad Jackson) just look at some mock drafts to get the juniors.

Theres also a couple people that should be added to the 2007 draft. I hope that helps.

edit: it won't let me upload Excel files, so if you want it leave your email address, ill get it to you.
If you can email it to me as well, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

[email protected]
Old 12-12-2005, 08:49 AM   #8
MVP

TWOSILK's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil21

[email protected] this should be awesome thanks in advance

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »