Home

Ram209 Complete set of Rosters and Sliders Part 36578593

This is a discussion on Ram209 Complete set of Rosters and Sliders Part 36578593 within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-04-2006, 11:48 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 10
Ram209 Complete set of Rosters and Sliders Part 36578593

Well I thought I would give this a shot again. Lets get right down to it. First and foremost props to HHmcoy(spelling) for starting this whole thing way back when with the DB AGG rating. Next is my main man Rickster for expanding on everything and keeping it alive. Finally Finn who with out his editor none of this would be possible, we love you finn .

Now here is what I have done. I took Ricksters last rosters and sliders and tweaked them a bit. The rosters were great I only made a few personal changes and the overall team ratings are pretty accurate (except maybe the Raiders, hey Its my team sorry). Also with the sliders they have minor tweaks. Besides my usuall edits I tried the 0 Aggression rating for everyone and I liked it EXCEPT for the Oline, I kept them the same.

Ok here is what I think these rosters do. They play a very realistic game IMO, the Oline play is the best I have seen it for me. The DB play is also very good, maybe 1or 2 plays a game with bad animations. The running game is balanced Larry Johnson ran had 28 carr 140 yrads on me (I was the Giants). You will have break-aways the fatigue sliders is what determines this. The cpu is just 1 notch below human and that is all it takes to have open field speed. Overeall this is the best gameplay I have had. OK now for the QBs this is just maddning. I have had games where the cpu qb play is amazing and have had games when I was thinking WTF? We could only tweak so much the QB play is hard coded, I went into practice mode and double triple teamed the primary rec., and the QB would still throw it to him 8 out of ten times. It also depends on the route. But if I were to put into numbers I would say that 65% of the time the QBs play "real" and the rest of the time your in the WTF mode. Oh for sub in sub out I would recomend 65% sub out and 90% in.

Again give me feedback as far as the gameplay goes. Some of the depth charts have injured players not starting and some do. I figured people could change that the way they want.

THis is the best football game EVER MADE its a shame a game that is 2 years old, on a "old" generation system still BLOWS away the "next gen" football title we have ( I refuse to say the name ). Feedback would be great from everybody. Lets keep this thing going......................
Attached Files
File Type: zip ESPNNFL2K5_updated.zip (273.7 KB, 66 views)
File Type: zip Updated Sliders.zip (9.0 KB, 41 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2006, 11:20 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: Ram209 Complete set of Rosters and Sliders Part 36578593

Thanks so much can u list all the global edits u did. I was just about to pm u and ask about another roster and slider file.

Gamertag XRob da Realist
Old 03-06-2006, 01:09 AM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrob
Thanks so much can u list all the global edits u did. I was just about to pm u and ask about another roster and slider file.
Whats up Xrob the majority of the edits are from the old thread
Complete set of sliders and Rosters for accurate Gameplay PART 2
I also did the 0 agg rating for all players except the Oline it made thier play very bad when I put them to 0. Also I lowerd the DB and LB agilty rating to help the the YAC and it did help some. Oline, RB and FB pass blocking I uped 3 or 4%. Thier are a couple of other minor edits. Overall I think this is the best that I have gotten it to play I am very happy with the Oline, DB and running play. I also use the play clock, and snap the ball with @ 15-10seconds left. I have fond that if you snap the ball quick and not "take your time" thats when the d-line starts to go off and you get that unstopable D tackle that keeps blowing everything up. Try these out and let me know what you think.
Old 03-06-2006, 09:34 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 13

This a good set and is very user friendly much like Ricks. I think we roster makers need some global edits to make the game enjoyable. I have played 3 games with ur set so far and I'm pleased but I was wondering about the qb scrambling. My last game featured the Bears vs. Saints and Aaron didn't step out the pocket once but McAllister did do his thing. I'll be testing more about the scrambling on my part I'd play Vick and see. the scrambling part I mentioned is not a problem or something u need to fix. I just said I didn't notice it. But I will let u know about that. I like ur rosters very much. I'm now fond of global edits so I like DaFlyboys set much like how everybody liked GCO rosters. By yours I will continue to test regularly like flyboys becuz I'm not biased. So thanks becuz now his set will have some competition in my XBox.

Gamertag XRob da Realist
Old 03-06-2006, 10:20 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 9

Many thanks Ram209.
I hope I'll have the time to test your roster + slider.
Many thanks for your work,I will test and then I will post here my ideas about them and how they work for HUMAN / CPU games.
As always I'll test by using different CPU teams to test both Offense and Defense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2006, 07:20 PM   #6
MVP

erickonasis's Arena

OVR: 12

you da man...thx for your time
Old 03-06-2006, 08:41 PM   #7
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Hmmmm well now what do we have here? Ah yes another fine addtion to the roster pool and a very fine roster it is indeed as good as mine with just about the same amount of attitude, not bad Ram209 not bad at all I'm most impressed with them so far!!!

I too like Xrob am fond of edits but really don't want to put too much focus on them being too global myself, to me that makes to many players seem generic and not to individual but I do use them and like what you've done with your set.

I'm really liking your set Ram209 but will have to stick with my own roster set seeing that I'm having no problems or issues with them and they pretty much fit my style of play in the way I play a slower more strategic type of game so 8 minutes wouldn't server me well at all plus I'm at an age were I've got to see everything happening in front of me so playing on fast isn't for me either.

I'm still playing yours at the moment and checking out some very nice gameplay actually and of course you know I've changed a few things in the settings to fit again my playing style thats just me being me bro.

These are some really good edits you're using here I'll play some more games to get a feel for what they're doing and I'm quite familiar with the ones you're using from the "HMcCoy" days of "DB Aggression" and they're just as good now as we did back then...good stuff and pretty deep too!!!

Heres a name you'll want to get in the roster for the "Titians" its their RB Damien Nash he's showing as "Doe Nash" you'll want to fix that and "Chris Coolely" is a FB for Washington no.47 he's not a TE so you should put him back, just a few items I noticed and thought I'd let you know.

In the meantime great job on these who knows maybe the few of us here will do an "Ultimate" roster most of us are familiar with each other and know what the history of these rosters are so its food for thought fellas think it over we could do big things working together on a serious roster set and everyone would be on the same page!!!

I myself am staying put until most of the NFLs buisness is taken care of with the FAs and everything eles going down but will be working on or with someone in an effort to come up with my 2k7 rosters but no time soon its still abit early and the draft isn't far off.

You guys should be checking out some of the info concerning the draft and alot and I mean alot of FA moves and some signings because these rosters are gonna change mine and whomever eles does rosters, we need come up with a tracking thread of something to keep informed in order to keep up on current events for roster updates!!!

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101
Old 03-06-2006, 10:08 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickster101
Hmmmm well now what do we have here? Ah yes another fine addtion to the roster pool and a very fine roster it is indeed as good as mine with just about the same amount of attitude, not bad Ram209 not bad at all I'm most impressed with them so far!!!

I too like Xrob am fond of edits but really don't want to put too much focus on them being too global myself, to me that makes to many players seem generic and not to individual but I do use them and like what you've done with your set.

I'm really liking your set Ram209 but will have to stick with my own roster set seeing that I'm having no problems or issues with them and they pretty much fit my style of play in the way I play a slower more strategic type of game so 8 minutes wouldn't server me well at all plus I'm at an age were I've got to see everything happening in front of me so playing on fast isn't for me either.

I'm still playing yours at the moment and checking out some very nice gameplay actually and of course you know I've changed a few things in the settings to fit again my playing style thats just me being me bro.

These are some really good edits you're using here I'll play some more games to get a feel for what they're doing and I'm quite familiar with the ones you're using from the "HMcCoy" days of "DB Aggression" and they're just as good now as we did back then...good stuff and pretty deep too!!!

Heres a name you'll want to get in the roster for the "Titians" its their RB Damien Nash he's showing as "Doe Nash" you'll want to fix that and "Chris Coolely" is a FB for Washington no.47 he's not a TE so you should put him back, just a few items I noticed and thought I'd let you know.

In the meantime great job on these who knows maybe the few of us here will do an "Ultimate" roster most of us are familiar with each other and know what the history of these rosters are so its food for thought fellas think it over we could do big things working together on a serious roster set and everyone would be on the same page!!!

I myself am staying put until most of the NFLs buisness is taken care of with the FAs and everything eles going down but will be working on or with someone in an effort to come up with my 2k7 rosters but no time soon its still abit early and the draft isn't far off.

You guys should be checking out some of the info concerning the draft and alot and I mean alot of FA moves and some signings because these rosters are gonna change mine and whomever eles does rosters, we need come up with a tracking thread of something to keep informed in order to keep up on current events for roster updates!!!

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101
Whats up Rickster thanks for checking these out. Real quick on the Chris cooley the reason I moved him to TE was he was second on the Redskins in Rec. And the have a ton of Double TE Formations and I got sick of seeing Royal and some other guy get the Catches while Cooley got none. I just thought that it would be better to put him at TE.

As far as global edits I to was afraid of everybody or team playing the "same" so when I tested these I played the Texans and Steelers as my test teams. And I could not do anything on the Steelers in fact it was kind of funny Troy Palamalllua (how ever you spell it) had two sack and @8 tackles cant remember the number. But I do rember thinking ok this is the way the steelers should play. And I ran up and down the field on the Texans. So I think that the teams still do play "real".

And start playing on fast speed old man slow is for wussies . And I really think the Longer minutes you play the better the game gets. I would love to play 10-12 minute quarters but just dont have the time. The more you give your guys time to recoop their energy the better the game is for both you and cpu.

As always lets try to keep this thing going what you and many others have done is great.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

PS. I love the Camera view you have on your sliders/settings it is really good.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »