Home

dan77733's ESPN NFL 2k5 roster file - "roster2k6"

This is a discussion on dan77733's ESPN NFL 2k5 roster file - "roster2k6" within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-16-2006, 06:06 PM   #33
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: dan77733's ESPN NFL 2k5 roster file - "roster2k6"

If you don't dumb down the DB's main defending (esp. catching) attributes, it doesn't matter what tweaking and/or sliders you use..... the INT's will be too high.
Old 03-17-2006, 01:17 AM   #34
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenbagamer
sorry if this has been answered already, but does this roster freeze in franchise mode?
As far as I know, no it doesnt. I have played through 5 regular season games without any freezing or lock up problems.

The only problem is that starting in week 2 of the regular season, the starting QB for every CPU team becomes the damn punt returner and sometimes, even the damn kick returner.

Controlling all 32 teams for the regular season solves this problem.
Old 03-17-2006, 01:25 AM   #35
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
If you don't dumb down the DB's main defending (esp. catching) attributes, it doesn't matter what tweaking and/or sliders you use..... the INT's will be too high.
I know a lot of people complain about there being too many INT's but people have to realize that once you start adjusting the gameplay sliders, everything changes.

I play on Legend as is and will usually get 15-20 INT's a season which isnt bad at all. Some games, I'll get 2, 3, 4 and even 5 INT's but then I'll go several games in a row without any INT's at all.

On offense, the only way that I usually throw a lot of INT's is by forcing the pass when I should throw the ball away instead.

Personally, on Legend as is, the DB AI isnt good for the player when it comes to getting INT's and I hate that. When the ball is thrown right to my damn safety's chest, it should be an INT.

If I start getting more then 20 INT's in a 16 game season on Legend with 5 minute quarters, then I would say that its slightly high but otherwise, I think it's right at the average in the NFL.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2006, 12:21 PM   #36
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733
I play on Legend as is and will usually get 15-20 INT's a season which isnt bad at all. Some games, I'll get 2, 3, 4 and even 5 INT's but then I'll go several games in a row without any INT's at all.

On offense, the only way that I usually throw a lot of INT's is by forcing the pass when I should throw the ball away instead.

Personally, on Legend as is, the DB AI isnt good for the player when it comes to getting INT's and I hate that. When the ball is thrown right to my damn safety's chest, it should be an INT.

If I start getting more then 20 INT's in a 16 game season on Legend with 5 minute quarters, then I would say that its slightly high but otherwise, I think it's right at the average in the NFL.
Well, the main difference we have then is trying to emulate the average number of plays in an NFL game, which seems best accomplished by 9 min. qtrs (10 min. in K4), so that could be where we part ways. My guess is you're getting only about 60-65 plays total for both teams per game.
Old 03-17-2006, 07:01 PM   #37
Banned

Smile Re: dan77733's ESPN NFL 2k5 roster file - "roster2k6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
Well, the main difference we have then is trying to emulate the average number of plays in an NFL game, which seems best accomplished by 9 min. qtrs (10 min. in K4), so that could be where we part ways. My guess is you're getting only about 60-65 plays total for both teams per game.
I dont really worry about the average amount of plays that each team gets. I care more about team and player stats. There's no way that I can play more (or less) then 5 minutes per quarter. It takes me about an hour to play each game and to be honest, any longer would become very boring to me because the games will then drag on and I dont want that to happen. Anything less then 5 minutes is too fast and not worth playing.

I have been playing 5 minute quarters since the Montana and Tecmo days and its highly unlikely that it will ever change for me.

But to each his own.
Old 03-22-2006, 05:15 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 6

Great job Dan

Last edited by spin1993; 03-22-2006 at 05:40 PM.
Old 03-25-2006, 12:27 PM   #39
MVP

OVR: 9

does this roster freeze during the offseason?
Old 04-02-2006, 11:52 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 1

I'm a rookie in here and everything, but will these download files work for the ps2 version?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »