Home

A Fun Roster Project that we could undertake.....

This is a discussion on A Fun Roster Project that we could undertake..... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-14-2006, 11:17 PM   #1
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30
A Fun Roster Project that we could undertake.....

Sure, we need to get ready for the NFL 2007 with 2K5, but I think it would be cool if we found new ways to keep this game fresh.

That's why I propose an NFL all-time team rosters. We could create legends and put them on all-time classic rosters. For instance, a Chicago Bear lineup could feature Sayers and Payton at RB, Bobby Douglass at QB, and Urlacher, Singletary, and Butkus at LB. Buffalo could feature OJ and Thurman Thomas at RB and Eric Moulds and Andre Reed at WR, etc.

This would be an awesome roster if we could put it together. Let me know if there is an interest for it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2006, 12:52 AM   #2
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: A Fun Roster Project that we could undertake.....

I was going to do this, but decided to do historic rosters for MVP 2005 instead (see the MVP MLB Board, or my signature).

When checking out the editing possibilities in NFL 2K5 (PS2 version, by the way), there were some things that made me turn to MVP instead, as that game is more edit friendly.

Mainly, I don't like how in 2K5 there aren't that many players available that don't have pictures. Whereas in MVP there is an option for a generic face. Not that big of a deal, but a finished product in 2K5 would be kind of sloppy.

On top of that, I was having trouble finding full rosters, with details like player numbers, etc. So trying to come up with a full team would be hard.

It's still on my mind though. One thing I've considered is doing a "Hall of Fame" version. And simply create players from the Hall of Fame and put them in the free agent pool, and have the roster be good for a fantasy draft season.

For this idea I think you'd probably max out the possible number of created players, and for any others you could take all the players that don't have pictures and edit them into HoF guys...

Anyways, like I say, it's on my mind. Right now I'm finishing up the HUGE roster edit for MVP 2005, and after that I know I will want to take a nice long break from editing. But who knows? Maybe come fall I'll want to contribute to some sort of project like this, and/or create my own.
Old 05-15-2006, 01:55 PM   #3
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

Sounds like an excellent idea that would be a large commitment. It's tough to do "team" projects, because you're talking about sharing a roster file versus merging 2 or more, though maybe with Finn's copy and paste feature it's possible (but copy/paste hasn't seemed to work for me, but then again I could be screwing it up).

The whole face thing doesn't mean a thing.....it boils down to game play.

It might be good to experiment with just two teams and see how the rosters play.

Here's one possible starting point of reference (click on a given team and check the HOF's and Team Greats and Facts and Firsts):

http://www.profootballhof.com/history/teams.html

Last edited by daflyboys; 05-15-2006 at 02:02 PM.
Old 05-15-2006, 02:30 PM   #4
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
Actually that issue was more like the straw that broke the camels back. There were bigger issues, like finding stats, player numbers, etc.

I looked into doing this a while back, so I forget exactly what kept me from doing it.

I wanted a historic football game before I wanted a historic baseball game.
Old 05-15-2006, 04:43 PM   #5
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
Sounds like an excellent idea that would be a large commitment. It's tough to do "team" projects, because you're talking about sharing a roster file versus merging 2 or more, though maybe with Finn's copy and paste feature it's possible (but copy/paste hasn't seemed to work for me, but then again I could be screwing it up).

It might be good to experiment with just two teams and see how the rosters play.

Here's one possible starting point of reference (click on a given team and check the HOF's and Team Greats and Facts and Firsts):

http://www.profootballhof.com/history/teams.html
I agree. It's a task to get every player's likeness and ratings in the game. Luckily, most of the players are players we have heard of before. I think it would be a good idea if we post depth charts of our rosters....that way we can offer insight on each other depth charts.

If this thing does take off, I'll take the Redskins.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2006, 07:48 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 21

If you guys want to use any info/rosters from my set, feel free...(see sig)...

C
Old 05-17-2006, 07:33 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Is there any way to take a historic team and play franchise with it using Finns editor? Or would we basically have to create the teams using the stock players and modifying them?
Old 05-19-2006, 07:27 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyWint
Is there any way to take a historic team and play franchise with it using Finns editor? Or would we basically have to create the teams using the stock players and modifying them?
There is a way to do it...but there are problems with importing historic teams. I don't think Finn ever worked out all those issues as the historic team stuff came low on the priority list. But there is functionality to import teams...player names sometimes get wiped out though. Not sure if this is fixed or not...

C

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »