Home

Question for all Roster-Developers

This is a discussion on Question for all Roster-Developers within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2006, 09:29 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 6
Question for all Roster-Developers

With the amazing NFL draft among us, I am starting to think about the new 2k7 rosters that i Know u geniuses will be developing. My question is, at what time will your first set of 2k7 rosters be released? Can i expect them the week after the NFL Draft? a month after? Or do u guys plan to wait till 1-2 months before the season opener. Thanx so much guys for keepin the best football game alive.

Peace Dudes!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2006, 11:30 PM   #2
Rookie

tpaterniti's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Question for all Roster-Developers

I do PS2 rosters and it just depends. Probably at least a month after the draft. I am transferring stats from my last year's update and that takes a while (there are like 2500+ players). I realize though that most people are looking for XBox rosters though.
Old 04-26-2006, 11:54 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 15

I'll be creating a 2k7 roster from scratch using VC's final roster update but it wont be ready until sometime in September because I base my roster on final cuts / opening kickoff.
Old 04-28-2006, 06:54 PM   #4
Rookie

Phil21's Arena

OVR: 3

I'm putting 50-some odd rookies into the latest roster update I have. The roster wasn't finished before the free agency was over, so there are still a lot of free agents that aren't on their teams. I'll try and fix as many of these as possible but i'm sure i'll miss some. And tomorrow when I'm bored, and have nothing to do in between picks in the draft, I'll put the rookies on their teams. Hopefully I can get at least the first 2 rounds done and then put them up here.

The only problem is, when I create rookies I'm overwriting real players. So some of the free agents, like Lamont Brightful, are being overwritten by these rookies i'm creating.

- OS Staff
Old 04-28-2006, 11:22 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 13

A update is a update. People right now just want to play with rookies none the less. Thanks Phil

Gamertag XRob da Realist
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2006, 12:20 AM   #6
Pro

DreadedSteeler's Arena

OVR: 8

Despite very little interest in 2K4 i will have a post draft update which will include around 70 rookies. After about a month or so of playing this game again i think i've found my new favorite football game.
Old 04-29-2006, 12:58 AM   #7
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

You make a good point Xrob most of the guys I'm familiar with in this close nit group have been doing these for sometime now so I'm more then confident most of the rosters will be decent with all the help and info we share among ourselves it should be very interesting to see just how the different verisions will present themselves and after doing these updates myself along with Finns editor and some really smart guys around here it should happen like clock work even if they drop as weekly updates as the case has been since the very first update long,long ago dating back to some of yours Xrob so I'm very much looking forward to seeing them drop as early as we get the news on whats happening in the league just like last season and the previous ones before that keep inmind this should be fairly easy for most of us using the editor and all that info out there...and its all "Free" including the editor itself so we've been around this block before its still the same familiar set-up same game just a little face lift and some fresh updates now going into the 2K7 version...not bad for a game that just doesn't seem past its prime...wait a minute isn't that what "Madden" does or has been know to do with less then disirable results?

Theres no rule or mandate saying when you can or can't release a roster just do your thang and if its put together right guys will check it out and possibly offer to help out on it, sadly though I'd thought a "Community" roster would have been in all of our best interest to base from but seeing different views and set-ups again should prove to be quite interesting.

Sorry I had to poke fun at them (Madden/EA) because it is what it is we're doing what that should have been doing or at the least attempt to do its all good though and I didn't mean to irk anyone (maybe a little bit) because we do a pretty decent job anyway and most of the rosters are pretty decent IMO including my own and theres still plenty of time and moves going on so it shouldn't be that long...we're doing updates and most guys want to see their favorites so why not have fun and "Do it again" the foundations have been laid and I'm confident in my rosters and their updates, come time for the NFL season I plan on doing more playing this season as opposed to tinkering and adjusting this season I plan on spending more time actually "Playing" the game and peeking in on "Madden 07" for the XBOX so I'm set just waitin' to get all the players situated and on their respective teams with stats that reflect my great seasons from my 2K4,2K5,2K6 and now transitioning to 2K7 same game same engine except for 2K4 a better editor and most bugs sorted out (of the editor) what more could you ask for its all thats left from the great 2k legacy...we'll be fine believe that no matter when they come out...these cats stand and deliver until something better comes along and I haven't seen it yet so I'm gonna have to update if I want anything resembling a 2K Football game!!!

Holla Back ya'll
Rickster101
Old 04-29-2006, 09:11 PM   #8
Rookie

Phil21's Arena

OVR: 3

Heres day one stuff I did. Every team has their first round pick and some have their second rounders. Im going to go get wasted now, ill finish them sometime tomorrow. but if anyones bored and wants to play with some of these rookies, here it is.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ESPNNFL2K5_ESPNNFL2K71.zip (283.4 KB, 11 views)

- OS Staff

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »